By Dirisu Yakubu
ABUJA – Former Vice President, Atiku Abubakar has pledged his readiness to get Nigeria to work again through the provision of gainful employment for her teeming youths across the country.
The ex-number two citizen stated this Saturday at the official opening of Chicken Cottage quick service restaurant at the Jabi Lake Mall in Abuja.
The company founded by Atiku is aiming to become the number one chicken restaurant in Nigeria in the next few years.
He said: “You can be sure that having at least one chicken cottage in every state will help get Nigerians working again. We will provide gainful employment to thousands of Nigerians who would be earning living wages which in turn contributes to reducing unemployment in Nigeria .
“As part of our objectives, we aim to be the number one chicken restaurant chain in Nigeria. After this outlet, we intend to open several other outlets in strategically important locations in Nigeria.
“Our target is to have at least one chicken cottage restaurant in every State in Nigeria. Ultimately, we intend to develop chicken cottage Nigeria as the regional hub for all operations in Sub-Saharan Africa. Towards this end I have given approval to the management to commence talks with Chicken Cottage International.”
He promised to source foodstuff locally as a way of empowering local farmers in their agrarian business saying, “My ultimate joy will be to patronise our local farmers and see them have their produce bought and used here in Nigeria and Africa thereby empowering them. Furthermore, the multiplier benefits of this enterprise would extend to transporters, beverage suppliers, Appliance manufacturers, Artisans, Furniture makers, etc.”
The Waziri Adamawa was accompanied to the event by some of his political associates including the lawmaker representing Bayelsa Central Senatorial District, Senator Ben Murray Bruce.
About Article Author
Latest Nigeria News
- GEJ To Nigerians: Don't Despair In The Face Of Persecution
- PHOTOS: Bayelsa International Airport Almost Ready
- Corporate Keke Driver Customizes His Keke With Cups Of Sweets For Passengers
- US-based Nigerian Man Stabbed To Death By His Lover's Ex
- Nigeria Police To Be Decentralized
- Man Sentenced To Death For Killing Pregnant Wife Over N1000
- Young Robbers Terrorizing Delta Nabbed By Security Operatives
- Photo Of Saraki and His Beautiful Daughters
- Meet Nigeria's Strongest Man As He Shares Secret Of His Success
- Lady Makes Shocking Revelations: My abductors butchered people for rituals
- Many Sleeping At INEC Office In Lagos Just To Get PVC
- Ayefele fans, workers protest planned demolition of radio station
- Faces Of Suspected Homos*xuals Arrested In Hotel Room
- Deadlock In National Assembly Over N189bn Budget For INEC
- PRAYER FOR TODAY
- Best Destinations For Your First International Trip
- Woman Lies In The Middle Of The Road To Protest Non-Payment Of 13 Months Salary
- Bank Staff Arrested For Fraud On His Wedding Day In Lagos
- Married Woman Committing Adultery Dies After S*x
- Yinka Ayefele Sues Oyo Government Over Building Demolition
- Akpabio Runs To Court, Stops Saraki From Declaring Seat Vacant
- Little Man Rocks NYSC Kit In Style
- New Minimum Wage: We Weren't Elected Just To Pay Salaries - Governors
- Protest At Police Headquarters Abuja Over Detention of Premium Times Journalist
- Soldiers Kill Notorious Bandit, Sani Danbuzuwa During Shoot Out
- Security vote: Governors challenge Buhari, EFCC
- Here is how much FG recovered from whistle blowers
- Philipp Lahm heads Germany bid to host Euro 2024 tournament
- Omeruo signs one year loan deal
- Ogu trains in Cyprus ahead of make-or-break match
- FCT FA Commences U-13 Football Talent Hunt
- Club Brugge turns down Osimhen after trials
- Abia Warriors crush Manga FA 4-0
- France 2018: Falconets ready to battle for semi final ticket
- 120 students participate In 3rd edition Nimrod North West Holiday Volleyball Clinic
- Female Student Wounds Friend For Advise Her To Quit Smoking
- WHAT'S GOING ON HERE?
- Lawmakers defect in Ogun
- 2019: Al-Mustapha formally shows interest in presidential race
- LCCI tackles FIRS over new tax provision