By Dirisu Yakubu
ABUJA – Former Vice President, Atiku Abubakar has pledged his readiness to get Nigeria to work again through the provision of gainful employment for her teeming youths across the country.
The ex-number two citizen stated this Saturday at the official opening of Chicken Cottage quick service restaurant at the Jabi Lake Mall in Abuja.
The company founded by Atiku is aiming to become the number one chicken restaurant in Nigeria in the next few years.
He said: “You can be sure that having at least one chicken cottage in every state will help get Nigerians working again. We will provide gainful employment to thousands of Nigerians who would be earning living wages which in turn contributes to reducing unemployment in Nigeria .
“As part of our objectives, we aim to be the number one chicken restaurant chain in Nigeria. After this outlet, we intend to open several other outlets in strategically important locations in Nigeria.
“Our target is to have at least one chicken cottage restaurant in every State in Nigeria. Ultimately, we intend to develop chicken cottage Nigeria as the regional hub for all operations in Sub-Saharan Africa. Towards this end I have given approval to the management to commence talks with Chicken Cottage International.”
He promised to source foodstuff locally as a way of empowering local farmers in their agrarian business saying, “My ultimate joy will be to patronise our local farmers and see them have their produce bought and used here in Nigeria and Africa thereby empowering them. Furthermore, the multiplier benefits of this enterprise would extend to transporters, beverage suppliers, Appliance manufacturers, Artisans, Furniture makers, etc.”
The Waziri Adamawa was accompanied to the event by some of his political associates including the lawmaker representing Bayelsa Central Senatorial District, Senator Ben Murray Bruce.
About Article Author
Latest Nigeria News
- Garba Shehu attacks lawmakers, civil servants, security agencies, PDP heckling Buhari govt.
- Replicate seamless political transition in Lagos nationwide, Ekwunife tells APC
- Beautiful Lady Celebrates After Graduating As A Private Pilot
- Policemen Disgrace Civil Defence Officer, Bundle Him Into Van
- Prince Harry and Meghan Markle wed in style
- More Confusion In APC As Party's State Congresses Get Ugly
- Top Four Affordable Phones Anyone Can Buy
- Air Force launches rocket attacks against Boko Haram, kills many
- Saraki, Dogara, Kwankwaso, Others Get Secret Deal From PDP?
- 21 Ex-governors, deputies still earning double salaries as Senators, Ministers
- Kaduna LG Poll: APC Wins 14; PDP 4 chairs
- Police parades three fake currency dealer suspects
- Ogun Assembly passes resolution to establish dump sites across LGAs
- There ‘ll be religious war in Nigeria if.. – CAN
- We ‘ll continue to resist anti-grazing law – Herdsmen
- How To Help Build Your Marriage Even If Your Spouse Is Difficult
- Woman in custody fight carries 7-yr-old son, jumps from top of 25-story building
- Dogs named Harry, Maeghan have own royal wedding too
- Yahoo Boys’ New Tactics of Evading Arrest
- Woman lures boy to abduct little girl during church service
- Falana, Others React to Saraki's Face Off with Police Headquarters over "Killer Squad"
- Court strips indebted Sen. Oduah of all assets, funds in 14 businesses across Lagos, Abuja
- Self-Defence Call: What CSOs, NHRC, military officers, others write in panel report on Danjuma allegation
- Nigeria appointed chair of Anti-Corruption Agencies in Commonwealth Africa
- Imo: Okorocha reveals why Oyegun takes side with ememies to rock APC
- Murder Suspects In Police Headquarters Have Implicated Saraki?
- TRAGEDY! Plane carrying 105 passengers crashes after take off
- Is Billionaire Otedola Running For Governor In Lagos?
- Okorocha Raises Alarm Over APC Chairman Oyegun
- Governor Plunges Into River While Taking Selfie On New Bridge
- Plane crash claims over 100 lives
- Important Things To Look For When Booking A Hotel Room
- Army dismisses Gen TY Danjuma’s claims on Herdsmen killings
- Multi-Billion Naira Debt: Govt. Takes Over Stella Oduah’s Assets
- "Only Formidable Opposition Will Defeat Buhari In 2019"
- PRAYER FOR TODAY
- Over 120 Nigerians kidnapped in six days
- Imo: APC jubilates as Aso Rock, Catholic Church abandon Okorocha
- Jack Wilshere reacts to World Cup squad omission
- Russia to ‘punish’ fans over racist Pogba, Dembele chants