Former Vice President, Alhaji Atiku Abubakar, has spoken of plans to develop Chicken Cottage Nigeria as a regional hub for all operations in Sub-Saharan Africa.
He said this while opening a chicken cottage outlet, owned by him, on Saturday in Abuja.
He promised to open more of the outlets in strategically important locations in Nigeria.
“Our target is to have at least One Chicken Cottage Restaurant in every state in Nigeria.
” Ultimately, we intend to develop Chicken Cottage Nigeria as the regional hub for all operations in Sub-Saharan Africa.
“Towards this end, I have given approval to the management to commence talks with Chicken Cottage International.”
Abubakar expressed optimism that establishment of the cottage outlets in states would help reduce unemployment in the country.
“You can be sure that having at least one Chicken Cottage in every state will help get Nigerians working again.
“We will provide gainful employment to thousands of Nigerians who would be earning living wages which in turn contributes to reducing unemployment in Nigeria.”
He said that Chicken Cottage would also contribute to patronage of local farmers as the main raw materials for the products would be sourced locally.
This according to him include agricultural produce such as chicken, vegetables, potato, rice.
“My ultimate joy will be to patronise our local farmers and see them have their produce bought and used here in Nigeria and Africa, thereby empowering them.
“Furthermore, the multiplier benefits of this enterprise would extend to transporters, beverage suppliers, Appliance manufacturers, Artisans, Furniture makers.”
About Article Author
Latest Nigeria News
- Woman Miraculously Escapes Death After Speeding Car Rammed Into Her Shop In Asaba (Photos)
- Oshiomhole Is Corrupt? Protesters Storm ICPC, Demand Probe
- Monkey Snatches Newborn Baby Boy From Mother, Kills Him
- Buhari Must Go With Hardship, We'll Fix The Economy – Atiku
- Married Woman Dies Due To 'Wrong Injection', Family Battles Lagos Hospital
- PDP A Damaged Product, says APC
- Governors to Labour: If You Insist On N30k We'll Sack Workers
- Offa Robbery Update: "You Have Case To Answer"
- Atiku, Peter Obi, Others Meet Igbo Leaders In Enugu (Photos)
- Things Choking Nigeria Economy Revealed
- Woman Duped By Boyfriend Of N4.8million In Lagos
- PRAYER FOR TODAY
- Isaac Success rated best Nigerian player in Europe
- Adetunji returns to Abia Warriors
- Fresh cholera outbreak claims 175 IDPs in Northeast
- 2019: Buhari, APC plot to liquidate bank accounts of oppositions – PDP
- Aisha Buhari commends Governors’ Wives on commitment to women’s health
- Bribery allegation; Saraki tackles Oshiomhole
- Fresh crisis hits MOSOP
- MTN seeks operational license to establish bank in Nigeria
- El-Rufai begins Islamisation in Kaduna
- Atiku arrives Enugu for meeting with PDP leaders
- Exposed! Heritage Bank in multi-billion Naira fraud
- Apapa’s port, others under siege
- Two police officers to die for murder
- "I Saw Myself N*ked & Tied" - Lady Celebrates After Escaping From Ritualists In Delta
- Excited Man All Smiles After Undergoing Facial Surgery To Remove Huge Growth
- Beautiful Nurse & Engineer Fiance Share Pre-wedding Pics
- University professors earn more than me as a governor – Fayemi
- Lagos govt. now permits hijab in public schools
- Super Eagles will bring down Bafana —Okowa
- NPFL: Super 8 to hold in Asaba
- IMF projects 4.4% in 2019 on infrastructure projects
- Mikel Obi breaks silence on retirement from Super Eagles
- NIMC boss seeks to unlock Nigeria’s digital market opportunities
- NWFL appoints Icheen Women’s Pro-League Coordinator
- Federal Govt. to auction N115 billion bonds
- Cannibal walks into police station holding human leg
- Girls' Schools Fight Violently, Over 40 Injured
- Woman's Throat Slashed By Husband's Son (Graphic Pic)