– The Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC), indicts Bello Yahaya for alleged double registration
– James Abiodun Faleke, the deputy governorship candidate of the All Progress Congress (APC) advises the governor to resign
Kogi state governor, Yahaya Bello, was recently indicted by the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC), for double registration.
The deputy governorship candidate of the All Progressives Congress (APC), James Abiodun Faleke, advised Bello to resign as governor, since that, in his opinion, it is more honourable for him than any other line of action. He said: “My advice to Bello is for him to resign honourably.”
Bode Ogunmola, the state’s publicity secretary to PDP, noted that the government of Yahaya is full of corruption. He stated: “That the guy acted illegally. Double registration is an offence under our laws and we are happy that INEC is doing the needful now.
“The guy doesn’t know the law and unfortunately he has surrounded himself with armatures if not, his Attorney General should have ordinarily advised him that double registration is an offence. On the implication of the governor’s action. Definitely he cannot be in contention in the next election. INEC declared that for immunity they should have gone ahead with his prosecution.
“But don’t worry we are going ahead dusting our books and our legal department is up to the task and when we get to the bridge we will tell him where he belongs. “After all he wasn’t an elected governor nobody voted for him actually, his coming was an aberration and we have always hammered on that and now that people are saying he should step aside he should obey the clarion call of the people of Kogi State.
“He is getting every foot wrong, he is not paying salary, he is not paying pensioners, the only project he commissioned this year is his personal house, he has not done any other thing outside that. If you cannot carry a load why not step aside and allow people that are prepared to take over to come in and do the needful? So, we are in support of the masses calling for him to step aside and go back to his transport business.”
“If it were a civilised society where leaders respect themselves and the people and where there is value, I think the best thing is for him to resign honourably but you know our society is such that they will always believe they can have their way by maintaining the immunity believing that after the expiration of his tenure in office he will find a way of escaping the wrath of the law. Our leaders lack integrity. After the illegality has been confirmed and sack of three INEC officials involved, he has succeeded in putting the affected INEC back in to the labour market. There is nothing better than for him to honourably resign.”
The executive director centre for human right and conflict resolution, Idris Miliki, he noted that instead of calling for the governor’s resignation, he would rather advise him to apologise to the entire nation.
Idris said: “For me resignation may not be the issue since he cannot be tried while is is still in office but for the fact that INEC has conducted its action in this manner I think he should apologise to the people of Kogi State. I am not saying he should resign.”
Kogi West senatorial district to recall senator Dino Melaye on NAIJ.com TV
About Article Author
Latest Nigeria News
- Ooni commissions projects to promote culture
- Woman Disgraced After Allegedly Trying To Kidnap A Baby
- Soldiers Rescue Boy Who Was Locked Up With Charm
- The 10 best Premier League signings of 2018/19 so far, including Arsenal, Chelsea, Liverpool, and Everton stars
- I am always ready to represent Nigeria –Kenneth Omeruo
- Germany relegated from Nations League tier
- Pogba chills with Messi; Barca rumours fuel
- Homosexuality most difficult subject to talk in football
- Buhari, Atiku congratulate Super Eagles on 2019 AFCON qualification
- Messi, Ronaldo, Salah & the top 20 scorers of 2018
- Chevron fc is fully ready for Eze United- Godtime Emiko
- Atiku begins campaign
- FG approves N60bn for rice
- Oshiomhole Escapes Moves To Sack Him
- Atiku Begins 2019 Campaign, Launches ‘People’s Policy'
- Top Leader Of Terrorists Who Abducted Leah Sharibu Killed
- Ganduje Bribe Videos: Fayose Slams Buhari, EFCC
- APC Wins Kwara Bye-election
- Osinbajo, NEMA DG To Face Probe Over IDPs N33Billion
- Ooni Of Ife: "In The Palace I Was Never Single"
- Rivers APC Guber Candidate Escapes Assassination
- Confusion As Vehicle Disappears From Police Station
- Policeman Leads Gang To Rob Delta Firm Of N30m In Lagos
- PRAYER FOR TODAY
- Man Collapses In Lagos After Losing His Cash Due To Bank's Alleged 'Negligence' (Photo)
- Saraki Reacts To Viral Audio On Helping Buhari In 2015 With His Money
- Delta big boy 'Solo Pounds' nabbed for Yahoo, Armed Robbery in Ghana (Photos)
- Buhari: I've asked EFCC to account for every money recovered
- See How Woman Overpowered Thief Trying To Rob Her
- "My Wife's Money Demands Turned Me To Criminal" - Suspect Arrested In Lagos
- Popular Millionaire "Kills" Single Mother During S*x
- Buhari appoints fresh blood in CBN
- Buhari appoints new heads agencies, parastatals
- PRAYER FOR TODAY
- Ladies Stop Turning Us Down, We Earn More Than Many Men Wearing Suit - Keke Driver
- Suspected Lagos Yahoo-Boy Arraigned, Remanded In Prison
- CAN meets Buhari, says APC turning hiding place for corrupt politicians
- Dollar Bribe: Oshiomhole Cries Out Over Moves To Nail Him
- How S*x Outside Marriage Is Exposing People To Demons
- Buhari Reacts: Igbo leaders’ endorsement of Atiku can't stand