The Federation Account Allocation Committee (FAAC) has distributed N609.95 billion from the federation Account to Federal, States and Local Government as revenue generated in November.
This is N77.25 billion more than what they shared in October, Mr. Ahmed Idris, the Accountant-General of the Federation said.
The distribution is also timely as it will enable states and local councils to pay workers ahead of Christmas, in the opinion of the Chairman, Commissioners of Finance Forum, Mr Mahmoud Yunusa.
Idris said that after the cost of collection deductions by FIRS, Customs and DPR, the Federal Government received N248.2 billion, representing 52.68 per cent; the states got N125.9 billion, representing 26.72 per cent and the 774 local councils received N97.06 billion, amounting to 20.60 per cent.
According to Idris, oil producing states got N54.48 billion, which represents the derivation share of 13 per cent.
He said that the country generated N356.07 billion as mineral revenue and N193.46 billion as non-mineral revenue in November, both showing improvements over the earnings in October.
Mineral revenue increased by N38.78 billion, while non-oil mineral revenue also jumped by N68.65 billion.
Idris said that oil revenue continues to be negatively impacted by low production due to poor maintenance, sabotage and the Force Majeure declared at Bonny Terminal.
He said that the balance in the Excess Crude Account (ECA) as at Dec. 15 remained $2.317 billion. He also put the balance in the Excess Petroleum Profit Tax account, at $133 million.
Idris said the Federation Account has received instruction from the National Economic Council that $1billion be removed from ECA to fight Boko Haram.
“The instruction has been given. But there is a process before money is taken out of an account. So unless that withdrawal is made, the balance remains the same.
“On what the money will be used for, the appropriate institution will have to give you that, namely the military, who are the ones that will utilise the money, and they know their needs.
On why the money is being taken from the ECA, Idris said everyone should know that it is a savings account and ordinarily should have been distributed to the three tiers of government.
“So if the same owners decide that part of it should be utilised to secure the country, to secure the system, to make the system work and provide security for life and property, I don’t think it should be an issue.
“If the Governor of Ekiti state has a problem with that, he should have made his position known to his forum, which is the Governor’s Forum.
“His dissension should not come to me on the pages of newspapers. He is entitled to whatever, but it should be directed to the appropriate place,” he said
About Article Author
Latest Nigeria News
- Ooni commissions projects to promote culture
- Woman Disgraced After Allegedly Trying To Kidnap A Baby
- Soldiers Rescue Boy Who Was Locked Up With Charm
- The 10 best Premier League signings of 2018/19 so far, including Arsenal, Chelsea, Liverpool, and Everton stars
- I am always ready to represent Nigeria –Kenneth Omeruo
- Germany relegated from Nations League tier
- Pogba chills with Messi; Barca rumours fuel
- Homosexuality most difficult subject to talk in football
- Buhari, Atiku congratulate Super Eagles on 2019 AFCON qualification
- Messi, Ronaldo, Salah & the top 20 scorers of 2018
- Chevron fc is fully ready for Eze United- Godtime Emiko
- Atiku begins campaign
- FG approves N60bn for rice
- Oshiomhole Escapes Moves To Sack Him
- Atiku Begins 2019 Campaign, Launches ‘People’s Policy'
- Top Leader Of Terrorists Who Abducted Leah Sharibu Killed
- Ganduje Bribe Videos: Fayose Slams Buhari, EFCC
- APC Wins Kwara Bye-election
- Osinbajo, NEMA DG To Face Probe Over IDPs N33Billion
- Ooni Of Ife: "In The Palace I Was Never Single"
- Rivers APC Guber Candidate Escapes Assassination
- Confusion As Vehicle Disappears From Police Station
- Policeman Leads Gang To Rob Delta Firm Of N30m In Lagos
- PRAYER FOR TODAY
- Man Collapses In Lagos After Losing His Cash Due To Bank's Alleged 'Negligence' (Photo)
- Saraki Reacts To Viral Audio On Helping Buhari In 2015 With His Money
- Delta big boy 'Solo Pounds' nabbed for Yahoo, Armed Robbery in Ghana (Photos)
- Buhari: I've asked EFCC to account for every money recovered
- See How Woman Overpowered Thief Trying To Rob Her
- "My Wife's Money Demands Turned Me To Criminal" - Suspect Arrested In Lagos
- Popular Millionaire "Kills" Single Mother During S*x
- Buhari appoints fresh blood in CBN
- Buhari appoints new heads agencies, parastatals
- PRAYER FOR TODAY
- Ladies Stop Turning Us Down, We Earn More Than Many Men Wearing Suit - Keke Driver
- Suspected Lagos Yahoo-Boy Arraigned, Remanded In Prison
- CAN meets Buhari, says APC turning hiding place for corrupt politicians
- Dollar Bribe: Oshiomhole Cries Out Over Moves To Nail Him
- How S*x Outside Marriage Is Exposing People To Demons
- Buhari Reacts: Igbo leaders’ endorsement of Atiku can't stand