The Confederation of African Athletics (CAA) has selected Omatseye Nesiama, a former Technical Director of the Athletics Federation of Nigeria (AFN), as one of the CAA International Technical Officials (ITOs).
Nesiama will serve on the CAA ITOs panel from 2018 to 2021, according to a letter signed by the CAA Chief Executive Officer, Hamad Kalkaba-Malboum.
“I am happy that my decision to take time to improve myself professionally, to break into frontiers Nigerians have hardly ventured into, has paid off.
“I feel honoured that my modest effort in the area of technical officiating and competition management is recognised, even after I have left as AFN Technical Director.
“I’m the first Nigerian to pass the pre-requisite examinations to get IAAF licence as Athlete Representative in one attempt, and I also passed the IAAF examination with distinction to qualify as an ITO.
“I stand to be corrected, but I think I am the second Nigerian in history who has been appointed into the panel, after Prof. Ogunjimi.
“By this, I will have the opportunity to bring my experience to bear on the organisation of competitions and mentoring of officials for enhanced performance, both in Nigeria and Africa,” he said.
Nesiama became AFN’s Technical Director in 2012, succeeding Sunday Bada who died in December 2011.
Nesiama retired from the Nigerian Navy earlier this year, after 32-years of service.
About Article Author
Latest Nigeria News
- Garba Shehu attacks lawmakers, civil servants, security agencies, PDP heckling Buhari govt.
- Replicate seamless political transition in Lagos nationwide, Ekwunife tells APC
- Beautiful Lady Celebrates After Graduating As A Private Pilot
- Policemen Disgrace Civil Defence Officer, Bundle Him Into Van
- Prince Harry and Meghan Markle wed in style
- More Confusion In APC As Party's State Congresses Get Ugly
- Top Four Affordable Phones Anyone Can Buy
- Air Force launches rocket attacks against Boko Haram, kills many
- Saraki, Dogara, Kwankwaso, Others Get Secret Deal From PDP?
- 21 Ex-governors, deputies still earning double salaries as Senators, Ministers
- Kaduna LG Poll: APC Wins 14; PDP 4 chairs
- Police parades three fake currency dealer suspects
- Ogun Assembly passes resolution to establish dump sites across LGAs
- There ‘ll be religious war in Nigeria if.. – CAN
- We ‘ll continue to resist anti-grazing law – Herdsmen
- How To Help Build Your Marriage Even If Your Spouse Is Difficult
- Woman in custody fight carries 7-yr-old son, jumps from top of 25-story building
- Dogs named Harry, Maeghan have own royal wedding too
- Yahoo Boys’ New Tactics of Evading Arrest
- Woman lures boy to abduct little girl during church service
- Falana, Others React to Saraki's Face Off with Police Headquarters over "Killer Squad"
- Court strips indebted Sen. Oduah of all assets, funds in 14 businesses across Lagos, Abuja
- Self-Defence Call: What CSOs, NHRC, military officers, others write in panel report on Danjuma allegation
- Nigeria appointed chair of Anti-Corruption Agencies in Commonwealth Africa
- Imo: Okorocha reveals why Oyegun takes side with ememies to rock APC
- Murder Suspects In Police Headquarters Have Implicated Saraki?
- TRAGEDY! Plane carrying 105 passengers crashes after take off
- Is Billionaire Otedola Running For Governor In Lagos?
- Okorocha Raises Alarm Over APC Chairman Oyegun
- Governor Plunges Into River While Taking Selfie On New Bridge
- Plane crash claims over 100 lives
- Important Things To Look For When Booking A Hotel Room
- Army dismisses Gen TY Danjuma’s claims on Herdsmen killings
- Multi-Billion Naira Debt: Govt. Takes Over Stella Oduah’s Assets
- "Only Formidable Opposition Will Defeat Buhari In 2019"
- PRAYER FOR TODAY
- Over 120 Nigerians kidnapped in six days
- Imo: APC jubilates as Aso Rock, Catholic Church abandon Okorocha
- Jack Wilshere reacts to World Cup squad omission
- Russia to ‘punish’ fans over racist Pogba, Dembele chants