-The new Zimbabwe government has returned a farmland seized by a gang of tout to its white owner, Robert Smart
– According to reports, the farmland was seized six months ago at gunpoint
– Many see this move by the government under Emmerson Mnangagwa as a sign of the presidency’s deep interest to respond positively to local issues
Zimbabwe’s presidency under Emmerson Mnangagwa handled a case of the seizure of Robert Smart’s farm. The white man was filled with joy when he was asked to return to his farmland.
According to Telegraph’s report, the farm which is the white man’s only home, was seized at gunpoint.
Reports have it that the white man and his entire family were evicted about six months ago by a gang of touts allegedly loyal to former first lady, Grace Mugabe.
This development is viewed by many as an indicator of the new government’s ‘inclusiveness’.
Mugabe supported land invasions from 2000 which saw about 4,000 white farmers evicted, sometimes violently.
Reports gathered from Robert informed President Mnangagwa, was personally involved in the case and did everything in his good office to see that the farmland was returned to him.
He said: “Apparently Mnangagwa saw that and flipped his lid.”
Bishop Trevor Manhanga, the leader of the church called The Pentecostal Assemblies of Zimbabwe, was mentioned as one of the engineers of the farmland invasion.
Meanwhile, NAIJ.com had reported that Mugabe took a holiday trip to Singapore with his wife and sons.
According to reports, this is Mugabe’s first trip out of his country since leaving office. Reports also stated that his travel would include medical checkup.
It will be recalled that Mugabe’s last public appearance was when he presided over a graduation ceremony in the capital Harare, some days after he stepped down.
Ever since he was removed from the seat of power, his wife has not been seen in public.
About Article Author
Latest Nigeria News
- Buhari should apologise to Atiku – Sen. Shehu Sani
- Search of Atiku, an attack on Opposition – Peter Obi
- CBN, NDIC monitor investigation of Skye Bank directors
- 2019: INEC in dilemma over security risk in North East
- 2019: Human Rights Community sensitizes voters against vote buying
- 2019: How APC plot to hinder Atiku from moving funds – PDP
- Pretty Lady & Her Fiance Share Cute Pre-wedding Photos
- Saraki must vacant senate presidency, Oshiomhole insists
- I'll Avoid Trial Until FG Obeys My Bail Rulings - Ex-NSA Dasuki Tells Court
- See Popular Actor John Dumelo's Farm
- Buhari Attacks Kwankwaso, Accuses Him Of Diverting Kano Funds For Campaign
- Female Speaker Of Anambra Assembly Impeached
- 2019 Election: INEC, Police, civil society calls for peace
- LG is meant to be autonomous from the state – Obasanjo
- Okorocha engages Oshiomhole in crossfire
- Allegri: I hope to stay for a long time
- Messi: Anyone can get beaten
- Conte: Real Madrid’s job is not good for me
- Joachim Low: we want to return to wining ways
- 2019: Youths declared APC obituary in Akwa Ibom
- Panic as poisoned food flood Nigerian markets
- Akeredolu declares war on journalists, bans coverage of government activities
- See 13 things Bankyw said after he announced his political ambition
- Aremu Afolayan slams Buhari, Governor Ambode over inefficient airport staff
- Thierry Henry: Monaco must stay positive despite struggles
- Oil prices determined to stay within $80
- Suarez fight with Barca star after loss
- Hazard: World Cup heroics drained me
- Higuain’s brutal revenge on CR7 for Juventus exit turned sour
- Sergio Busquets’ classy message to Real Betis manager after Barcelona’s 4-3 loss
- Man Allegedly Commits Suicide After Losing Church Money
- Police Arrest Four 'One Chance' Suspects, Female Underwear Found On Them
- Identical Twins Graduate With First Class From University Of Ibadan (Photos)
- 2019: Akwa Ibom Govt accuses EFCC of working for APC
- Fashola renders account of three years stewardship
- 2019: Peter Obi warns El-Rufai to stop Hate Speech
- Am fighting for state police – Osinbajo
- How N5m gift from a Facebook ‘Good Samaritan’ took me to jail
- 4 reasons women prefer these pot-belly-men to regular 6-pack-men
- Nigeria’s greatest problem is corruption, not restructuring- Osinbajo