-The new Zimbabwe government has returned a farmland seized by a gang of tout to its white owner, Robert Smart
– According to reports, the farmland was seized six months ago at gunpoint
– Many see this move by the government under Emmerson Mnangagwa as a sign of the presidency’s deep interest to respond positively to local issues
Zimbabwe’s presidency under Emmerson Mnangagwa handled a case of the seizure of Robert Smart’s farm. The white man was filled with joy when he was asked to return to his farmland.
According to Telegraph’s report, the farm which is the white man’s only home, was seized at gunpoint.
Reports have it that the white man and his entire family were evicted about six months ago by a gang of touts allegedly loyal to former first lady, Grace Mugabe.
This development is viewed by many as an indicator of the new government’s ‘inclusiveness’.
Mugabe supported land invasions from 2000 which saw about 4,000 white farmers evicted, sometimes violently.
Reports gathered from Robert informed President Mnangagwa, was personally involved in the case and did everything in his good office to see that the farmland was returned to him.
He said: “Apparently Mnangagwa saw that and flipped his lid.”
Bishop Trevor Manhanga, the leader of the church called The Pentecostal Assemblies of Zimbabwe, was mentioned as one of the engineers of the farmland invasion.
Meanwhile, NAIJ.com had reported that Mugabe took a holiday trip to Singapore with his wife and sons.
According to reports, this is Mugabe’s first trip out of his country since leaving office. Reports also stated that his travel would include medical checkup.
It will be recalled that Mugabe’s last public appearance was when he presided over a graduation ceremony in the capital Harare, some days after he stepped down.
Ever since he was removed from the seat of power, his wife has not been seen in public.
About Article Author
Latest Nigeria News
- Garba Shehu attacks lawmakers, civil servants, security agencies, PDP heckling Buhari govt.
- Replicate seamless political transition in Lagos nationwide, Ekwunife tells APC
- Beautiful Lady Celebrates After Graduating As A Private Pilot
- Policemen Disgrace Civil Defence Officer, Bundle Him Into Van
- Prince Harry and Meghan Markle wed in style
- More Confusion In APC As Party's State Congresses Get Ugly
- Top Four Affordable Phones Anyone Can Buy
- Air Force launches rocket attacks against Boko Haram, kills many
- Saraki, Dogara, Kwankwaso, Others Get Secret Deal From PDP?
- 21 Ex-governors, deputies still earning double salaries as Senators, Ministers
- Kaduna LG Poll: APC Wins 14; PDP 4 chairs
- Police parades three fake currency dealer suspects
- Ogun Assembly passes resolution to establish dump sites across LGAs
- There ‘ll be religious war in Nigeria if.. – CAN
- We ‘ll continue to resist anti-grazing law – Herdsmen
- How To Help Build Your Marriage Even If Your Spouse Is Difficult
- Woman in custody fight carries 7-yr-old son, jumps from top of 25-story building
- Dogs named Harry, Maeghan have own royal wedding too
- Yahoo Boys’ New Tactics of Evading Arrest
- Woman lures boy to abduct little girl during church service
- Falana, Others React to Saraki's Face Off with Police Headquarters over "Killer Squad"
- Court strips indebted Sen. Oduah of all assets, funds in 14 businesses across Lagos, Abuja
- Self-Defence Call: What CSOs, NHRC, military officers, others write in panel report on Danjuma allegation
- Nigeria appointed chair of Anti-Corruption Agencies in Commonwealth Africa
- Imo: Okorocha reveals why Oyegun takes side with ememies to rock APC
- Murder Suspects In Police Headquarters Have Implicated Saraki?
- TRAGEDY! Plane carrying 105 passengers crashes after take off
- Is Billionaire Otedola Running For Governor In Lagos?
- Okorocha Raises Alarm Over APC Chairman Oyegun
- Governor Plunges Into River While Taking Selfie On New Bridge
- Plane crash claims over 100 lives
- Important Things To Look For When Booking A Hotel Room
- Army dismisses Gen TY Danjuma’s claims on Herdsmen killings
- Multi-Billion Naira Debt: Govt. Takes Over Stella Oduah’s Assets
- "Only Formidable Opposition Will Defeat Buhari In 2019"
- PRAYER FOR TODAY
- Over 120 Nigerians kidnapped in six days
- Imo: APC jubilates as Aso Rock, Catholic Church abandon Okorocha
- Jack Wilshere reacts to World Cup squad omission
- Russia to ‘punish’ fans over racist Pogba, Dembele chants