By Ediri Ejoh
In a step forward against current power crisis bedevilling the country, Suxe International Ltd has pledged to end the crisis through the conversion of power from bamboo.
Speaking in an exclusive chat with Vanguard, the Chief Executive Officer, Trevor David Smith, said the bamboo revolution is a step towards ensuring a light up Nigeria and providing job opportunity for the people.
He stated: “We intend to generate power from bamboo and sell to the Nigeria people at a cheaper rate. We intend to uplift the country and the communities away from current power crisis. We intend establishing 40 power stations in Nigeria.
“We intend having all workforce Nigerians and just the manager coming from my company. As it worth, we are going to train Nigerians and make sure they are equipped to be able to run the system after five years of our installation and practice.”
Asked why investing in Nigeria, Smith explained: “We brought the solution to Nigeria as the first in Africa. Power stations are not working on renewable energy and grid system. What we are waiting for is to carry out a test with the bamboo which would show independence in power generation away from oil, gas or coal.”
He added that the company was not calling for financial support other than the land and the people to work.
“We are to begin by January 2018. All that is needed is to get the land. Nigeria is our target for the project. From the bamboo we would grow, power would be generate from them,” he added.
Speaking on issues confronting the power sector in the country, Smith noted: “There are two issues hampering the development of power in Nigeria. The first is corruption which has been identified and is been tackled by the government, while the second is the power industry system.
“The biggest fault in the power sector is trying to make a national grid. This is the fault of the designers. We usually put power stations where there is fuel which is not the best.’
About Article Author
Latest Nigeria News
- See The Plane Biafra Leader Ojukwu Used In Fleeing From Nigeria During Civil War (Photos)
- Don't Expose Your Marriage to Your Mother if She Doesn't Respect The Word of God
- Lagos Big Boy, Mark Osigwe, Shot Dead By Assassins (Photos)
- We’ll Humiliate Saraki Out Of Office - APC Senator | He Replies
- Woman Shot Dead By NDLEA During Raid In Lagos
- EFCC Goes After Saraki, Gov. Ahmed Over N7Billion Bond
- APC Already Looking For A New Senate President?
- PRAYER FOR TODAY
- How To Get Your Glow Back After Having A Baby
- Housemaid Kills Her Madam By Smashing Her Head With Stone
- Saraki Arrives Akwa Ibom In Style, Received By Crowd (Photos)
- Businessman Killed By Cultists 'On Revenge Mission' In Delta
- Saraki’s 2019 Presidential Ambition Alters Calculations In PDP
- Two Dead, 20 Trapped As Building Collapsed In Abuja
- 2019: The Big Battle For PDP Presidential Ticket Hots Up
- Demolition of my N800m music house political –Yinka Ayefele
- Nigeria’s democracy under threat, says Moghalu
- CBN floods economy with lower Naira denominations
- Saraki declares for 2019
- Israeli PM in corruption scandal
- Lagos State Govt denies privatising water supply
- Sales of pre-registered SIM cards boom despite fines
- I promise better welfare ahead of NWPL resumption –Hon. Odunlade
- Falconets eliminated from World Cup
- FIFA rejects Dalung’s ministerial visit offer
- Dollar depreciates against Naira at parallel market
- INEC Releases 2019 General Elections Notice In Lagos
- I'm An Experienced Job Creator - Atiku
- GEJ To Nigerians: Don't Despair In The Face Of Persecution
- PHOTOS: Bayelsa International Airport Almost Ready
- Corporate Keke Driver Customizes His Keke With Cups Of Sweets For Passengers
- US-based Nigerian Man Stabbed To Death By His Lover's Ex
- Nigeria Police To Be Decentralized
- Man Sentenced To Death For Killing Pregnant Wife Over N1000
- Young Robbers Terrorizing Delta Nabbed By Security Operatives
- Photo Of Saraki and His Beautiful Daughters
- Meet Nigeria's Strongest Man As He Shares Secret Of His Success
- Lady Makes Shocking Revelations: My abductors butchered people for rituals
- Many Sleeping At INEC Office In Lagos Just To Get PVC
- Ayefele fans, workers protest planned demolition of radio station