By Ediri Ejoh
In a step forward against current power crisis bedevilling the country, Suxe International Ltd has pledged to end the crisis through the conversion of power from bamboo.
Speaking in an exclusive chat with Vanguard, the Chief Executive Officer, Trevor David Smith, said the bamboo revolution is a step towards ensuring a light up Nigeria and providing job opportunity for the people.
He stated: “We intend to generate power from bamboo and sell to the Nigeria people at a cheaper rate. We intend to uplift the country and the communities away from current power crisis. We intend establishing 40 power stations in Nigeria.
“We intend having all workforce Nigerians and just the manager coming from my company. As it worth, we are going to train Nigerians and make sure they are equipped to be able to run the system after five years of our installation and practice.”
Asked why investing in Nigeria, Smith explained: “We brought the solution to Nigeria as the first in Africa. Power stations are not working on renewable energy and grid system. What we are waiting for is to carry out a test with the bamboo which would show independence in power generation away from oil, gas or coal.”
He added that the company was not calling for financial support other than the land and the people to work.
“We are to begin by January 2018. All that is needed is to get the land. Nigeria is our target for the project. From the bamboo we would grow, power would be generate from them,” he added.
Speaking on issues confronting the power sector in the country, Smith noted: “There are two issues hampering the development of power in Nigeria. The first is corruption which has been identified and is been tackled by the government, while the second is the power industry system.
“The biggest fault in the power sector is trying to make a national grid. This is the fault of the designers. We usually put power stations where there is fuel which is not the best.’
About Article Author
Latest Nigeria News
- Saraki Replies Oshiomhole: You Should Not Even Be Talking After "Collecting Dollars"
- TraderMoni A Trick For APC Vote-buying? Case Goes To Court
- IGP, Police Service Commission clash on special promotions: Reps begin probe
- "I Won’t Die Until You Become President" - Nwabueze to Atiku
- FG has not released cash for us to complete unemployment report; says NBS Boss
- Woman Miraculously Escapes Death After Speeding Car Rammed Into Her Shop In Asaba (Photos)
- Oshiomhole Is Corrupt? Protesters Storm ICPC, Demand Probe
- Monkey Snatches Newborn Baby Boy From Mother, Kills Him
- Buhari Must Go With Hardship, We'll Fix The Economy – Atiku
- Married Woman Dies Due To 'Wrong Injection', Family Battles Lagos Hospital
- PDP A Damaged Product, says APC
- Governors to Labour: If You Insist On N30k We'll Sack Workers
- Offa Robbery Update: "You Have Case To Answer"
- Atiku, Peter Obi, Others Meet Igbo Leaders In Enugu (Photos)
- Things Choking Nigeria Economy Revealed
- Woman Duped By Boyfriend Of N4.8million In Lagos
- PRAYER FOR TODAY
- Isaac Success rated best Nigerian player in Europe
- Adetunji returns to Abia Warriors
- Fresh cholera outbreak claims 175 IDPs in Northeast
- 2019: Buhari, APC plot to liquidate bank accounts of oppositions – PDP
- Aisha Buhari commends Governors’ Wives on commitment to women’s health
- Bribery allegation; Saraki tackles Oshiomhole
- Fresh crisis hits MOSOP
- MTN seeks operational license to establish bank in Nigeria
- El-Rufai begins Islamisation in Kaduna
- Atiku arrives Enugu for meeting with PDP leaders
- Exposed! Heritage Bank in multi-billion Naira fraud
- Apapa’s port, others under siege
- Two police officers to die for murder
- "I Saw Myself N*ked & Tied" - Lady Celebrates After Escaping From Ritualists In Delta
- Excited Man All Smiles After Undergoing Facial Surgery To Remove Huge Growth
- Beautiful Nurse & Engineer Fiance Share Pre-wedding Pics
- University professors earn more than me as a governor – Fayemi
- Lagos govt. now permits hijab in public schools
- Super Eagles will bring down Bafana —Okowa
- NPFL: Super 8 to hold in Asaba
- IMF projects 4.4% in 2019 on infrastructure projects
- Mikel Obi breaks silence on retirement from Super Eagles
- NIMC boss seeks to unlock Nigeria’s digital market opportunities