By Ediri Ejoh
In a step forward against current power crisis bedevilling the country, Suxe International Ltd has pledged to end the crisis through the conversion of power from bamboo.
Speaking in an exclusive chat with Vanguard, the Chief Executive Officer, Trevor David Smith, said the bamboo revolution is a step towards ensuring a light up Nigeria and providing job opportunity for the people.
He stated: “We intend to generate power from bamboo and sell to the Nigeria people at a cheaper rate. We intend to uplift the country and the communities away from current power crisis. We intend establishing 40 power stations in Nigeria.
“We intend having all workforce Nigerians and just the manager coming from my company. As it worth, we are going to train Nigerians and make sure they are equipped to be able to run the system after five years of our installation and practice.”
Asked why investing in Nigeria, Smith explained: “We brought the solution to Nigeria as the first in Africa. Power stations are not working on renewable energy and grid system. What we are waiting for is to carry out a test with the bamboo which would show independence in power generation away from oil, gas or coal.”
He added that the company was not calling for financial support other than the land and the people to work.
“We are to begin by January 2018. All that is needed is to get the land. Nigeria is our target for the project. From the bamboo we would grow, power would be generate from them,” he added.
Speaking on issues confronting the power sector in the country, Smith noted: “There are two issues hampering the development of power in Nigeria. The first is corruption which has been identified and is been tackled by the government, while the second is the power industry system.
“The biggest fault in the power sector is trying to make a national grid. This is the fault of the designers. We usually put power stations where there is fuel which is not the best.’
About Article Author
Latest Nigeria News
- Coalition protests in Ilorin in support of IGP Idris
- Story Of Woman Who Was "Sacked" For Giving Birth To Triplets
- Medical Doctor turned Thief defrauds car dealer N28m, arrested by Police in Lagos
- Olisa Metuh Collapses In Court, Judge Reacts Angrily
- Woman Drugs, Kidnaps Friend After Luring Her To Hotel In Lagos
- Obasanjo visits Afenifere leaders: "We have to rescue Nigeria"
- You must marry corpse of our daughter – family tells boyfriend
- Explore Nigeria With These Top Four Tour Operators
- Buhari To Lead 1 Million Nigerians For Democracy Walk
- Dino Melaye: I Was Never Framed Up, Arraigned For Fighting GEJ
- Offa Robbery: Police Finally Nab Two Notorious Leaders
- Woman Rescued From Suspected Kidnappers, Ritualists In Lagos
- PRAYER FOR TODAY
- Obasanjo identifies 4 ways to prevent insecurity
- CBN calls on bankers to address challenges of fintech
- LASU VC reaffirms fairness, transparency, accountability to stakeholders
- Nigerian Govt inaugurates new website to bring governance closer to citizens
- Lagos hits N34bn monthly IGR – Ashade
- I regret supporting Saraki for Senate President – Ndume
- Northern youths urge Buhari, Atiku not to contest in 2019
- After 30 days in medical custody, Melaye healthy enough to lambast Aso Rock
- Ohaneze’s latest declaration will scare many politicians
- 15 Nigerian agencies failed to remit N8.1 trillion under Jonathan
- PRAYER FOR TODAY
- ‘Entrepreneurship Key To Poverty Alleviation’
- I Made First Class Despite Distractions - UNILAG’s valedictorian
- Female Suicide Bomber Captured Alive As Good Men Stop Her From Killing People
- I Sell My Guns To Anyone That Needs Them - Suspect opens up
- APC Moves To Stop Saraki, Dogara, Others From Leaving Party
- Presidency raises alarm: Rich & corrupt ganging up against Buhari
- Suspected Fulani Herdsmen Kill 6 Teachers In Benue
- 'APC Government Planning To Assassinate Me' - Gov. Wike
- Fashola To Lagos Govt.: Provide Land For Housing
- Young Cultists Raining Havoc In Nigerian Schools (DETAILS)
- I Will Die! Woman tears her dress after herdsman destroys cassava farm she took loan to cultivate
- God Is All You Need
- Man Kills Girlfriend For Money Ritual, Stuffs Her Body Inside Bucket In Lagos
- Garba Shehu attacks lawmakers, civil servants, security agencies, PDP heckling Buhari govt.
- Replicate seamless political transition in Lagos nationwide, Ekwunife tells APC
- Beautiful Lady Celebrates After Graduating As A Private Pilot