– Donald Duke has stated that Nigeria cannot keep contracting jobs to foreigners while its own workers suffer
– The former Cross River governor stated that western countries award their contracts to indigenous companies, while the reverse is the case here
– He stressed that it would be a thing of pride if Nigerians build their own country, instead of allowing others do the job
Former governor of Cross River state, Donald Duke, has stated that Nigeria cannot keep contracting jobs to foreigners while its own contractors suffer, The Nation reports.
NAIJ.com gathers that Duke lamented that nothing would be passed to the next generation if Nigerians are not allowed to make mistakes and correct them.
Donald Duke (Photo credit: Daily Post)
He stated that unlike what is obtainable in western countries where contracts are awarded to indigenous firms to grow the economy, Nigeria’s case was the reverse.
Duke stated that Nigeria’s huge population was not being effectively exploited to produce advantages for the nation and its citizens.
In his words: “In the U.S., Europe, China, they give contracts to their own people. We cannot continue contracting our own jobs to foreigners.
“We have to make the mistakes and correct the mistakes; otherwise we will not pass anything to the next generation.
“It cannot be theory every time. It will be a thing of pride that we build our country, not others building it for us.”
Duke further revealed that a proposal stating that Nigeria assembles its own household items had not yet been actualized.
Meanwhile, NAIJ.com previously reported that Donald Duke declared his intention to run for the position of president of Nigeria, if the opportunity presents itself again.
Duke made this revelation at a programme, ‘The Nigerian Symposium for Emerging Leaders,’ which held in Lagos.
He revealed that he once aspired to the highest position in the country on the platform of the Peoples Democratic Party, but things did not work as planned.
Nigerians ask President Buhari for special Christmas gifts – on NAIJ.com TV:
About Article Author
Latest Nigeria News
- INEC to feed police with N6bn in 2019 polls
- Experts worry over rising cyber security poverty line in Nigeria
- Driver crushes LASTMA officer
- GTBank to increase loan book by 10%
- Zinedine Zidane is replacing one of the Manchester Clubs
- Student Who Scored 364 In JAMB Receives N5m Cash (Photo)
- Presidency Speaks On Buhari Extending 10-day London Vacation
- SARS Caught "Extorting Passengers" Despite Osinbajo's Order
- Female Corper Knocked Down By Reckless Driver In Lagos
- Story Of Abuja Wild Forest Where "All Kinds Of Things" Happen
- Oil prices down by 13% over growing US crude inventories
- MTN secures N200bn loan from Diamond bank, 11 others
- Pastor's Wife Attacked For Brutalizing Her Little Maid (Maid)
- Kemi Adeosun's Certificate: SERAP Drags NYSC Boss To Court
- Fraudster Impersonating Nollywood Actor To Defraud People Arrested In Lagos
- 2019: Tinubu tackles Obasanjo
- Police lost 15 operatives to Bandits in two months; families demand compensation
- Investors panic as prices of Bitcoin, others plummet
- Nigeria’s inflation drops again in July
- Update On How 35 Died As Bridge Collapsed In Italy (Photos)
- Buhari To Take Action On New DSS Boss and Daura
- Thief Arrested While Preparing Pepper Soup With Stolen Goat
- The Leadership In Nigeria Today Has Lost Focus - IBB
- 2019: I’m not desperate to be President – Atiku
- Tension in Abuja: US Embassy shuts Visa, Consular Services indefinitely
- Odili, Ekpu @ 70: Of patriarchs and their progenies
- Minister’s certificate forgery scam: SERAP sues NYSC over failure to publish Adeosun’s ‘exemption certificate’
- Saraki, Dogara Reveal Why They're Not Reconvening NASS
- Man Who Abducted Lagos Schoolgirl Who's Sold Into Pros-titution Arrested, Opens Up
- Uber Driver Nabbed For Beating Up 'Runs Girl' In Lagos After S*x
- 2019: I’m Qualified, Not Desperate To Be President - Atiku
- Man Steals Company’s Products To Pay Medical Bill Of Wife
- SARAKI's TIME IS UP - Oshiomhole insists, gives strong condition
- Hacks For Dealing With Smelly Feet
- Female Corper Cries As Political Thugs Kidnap Her For Refusing To Rig Election
- Oba Of Benin Arrives Abuja In His Rolls Royce and Private Jet
- 2019: Presidency Reacts To "Pressure" On Buhari Not To Run
- Lecturer Sent To Prison For R*ping His Wife Sister's Daughter
- Saraki's Refusal To Reconvene NASS Generates Serious Tension
- Woman Who Survived Rivers Boat Accident: "I Have Nightmares Every Night"