As Christmas draws nearer, Nigerians have been urged to embrace the teachings of Christ for personal transformation and that of the entire society in general.
District Overseer of the Apostolic Faith Church, Abesan, Ipaja, Lagos, Reverend Tifase James, gave the advice at the 2017 Christmas Concert, with the theme: “The Nativity.”
Tifase explained that the moment churches in Nigeria play their roles effectively, there is the assurance that others would change, adding that violent crimes and nefarious activities in the society would be reduced to the barest minimum.
According to him, “We want the nations to embrace the teachings of Christ, as this wil no doubt transform all spheres of our lives and make doing bad things be far from our society.
“When the heart is changed, the behaviour, attitude will change and with that there would be development. Definitely, our society would change for the better.”
He also said that this year’s edition of the Christmas annual concert, was taken out of the headquarters of the Church for the first time, purposely to decentralise the activities and move it closer to people so as to preach the real gospel to people at their doorsteps.
In his remark, the Assistant Music Director, Rev. Bode Odulaja, said “Christmas is purposely meant to celebrate the birth of Jesus Christ regarded among Christians as the saviour of the world, hence the decision of the Church to gather families and loved ones for the musical concert to thank and appreciate God, even at the district level for the first time.”
About Article Author
Latest Nigeria News
- Coalition protests in Ilorin in support of IGP Idris
- Story Of Woman Who Was "Sacked" For Giving Birth To Triplets
- Medical Doctor turned Thief defrauds car dealer N28m, arrested by Police in Lagos
- Olisa Metuh Collapses In Court, Judge Reacts Angrily
- Woman Drugs, Kidnaps Friend After Luring Her To Hotel In Lagos
- Obasanjo visits Afenifere leaders: "We have to rescue Nigeria"
- You must marry corpse of our daughter – family tells boyfriend
- Explore Nigeria With These Top Four Tour Operators
- Buhari To Lead 1 Million Nigerians For Democracy Walk
- Dino Melaye: I Was Never Framed Up, Arraigned For Fighting GEJ
- Offa Robbery: Police Finally Nab Two Notorious Leaders
- Woman Rescued From Suspected Kidnappers, Ritualists In Lagos
- PRAYER FOR TODAY
- Obasanjo identifies 4 ways to prevent insecurity
- CBN calls on bankers to address challenges of fintech
- LASU VC reaffirms fairness, transparency, accountability to stakeholders
- Nigerian Govt inaugurates new website to bring governance closer to citizens
- Lagos hits N34bn monthly IGR – Ashade
- I regret supporting Saraki for Senate President – Ndume
- Northern youths urge Buhari, Atiku not to contest in 2019
- After 30 days in medical custody, Melaye healthy enough to lambast Aso Rock
- Ohaneze’s latest declaration will scare many politicians
- 15 Nigerian agencies failed to remit N8.1 trillion under Jonathan
- PRAYER FOR TODAY
- ‘Entrepreneurship Key To Poverty Alleviation’
- I Made First Class Despite Distractions - UNILAG’s valedictorian
- Female Suicide Bomber Captured Alive As Good Men Stop Her From Killing People
- I Sell My Guns To Anyone That Needs Them - Suspect opens up
- APC Moves To Stop Saraki, Dogara, Others From Leaving Party
- Presidency raises alarm: Rich & corrupt ganging up against Buhari
- Suspected Fulani Herdsmen Kill 6 Teachers In Benue
- 'APC Government Planning To Assassinate Me' - Gov. Wike
- Fashola To Lagos Govt.: Provide Land For Housing
- Young Cultists Raining Havoc In Nigerian Schools (DETAILS)
- I Will Die! Woman tears her dress after herdsman destroys cassava farm she took loan to cultivate
- God Is All You Need
- Man Kills Girlfriend For Money Ritual, Stuffs Her Body Inside Bucket In Lagos
- Garba Shehu attacks lawmakers, civil servants, security agencies, PDP heckling Buhari govt.
- Replicate seamless political transition in Lagos nationwide, Ekwunife tells APC
- Beautiful Lady Celebrates After Graduating As A Private Pilot