Former USA coach and Germany World Cup star, Jurgen Klinsmann, has told Nigerian coach, Gernot Rohr, to look the way of Major League Soccer club, Portland Timbers striker, Fanendo Adi ahead of the 2018 World Cup.
The coach of the USA national team, Klinsmann had courted Adi to swap nationality and play for the America.
He had then developed interest in Adi’s ability to play the box and wide attacking roles conveniently, but the Nigerian rebuffed the move.
Klinsmann, a former Germany captain, was said to have called Rohr to brief him of the abilities of the Nigerian striker.
He said Adi has the qualities that are rare in modern strikers and could be of immense importance to the Nigerian attacking style.
He was quoted to have told German news outlet, “This guy is a great guy with absolute ability to combine the box and wide striking roles effectively with a huge area strength.
“I was talking to him about switching over to USA but it seems he had much hopes and respect for his homeland, maybe if I had stayed back with the American national team he would have changed his decision but I really want to believe that Gernot will be excited with this young man.”
Klinsmann is on the verge of landing the Australia national team job after completing his interview with Australia FA on Monday.
About Article Author
Latest Nigeria News
- NRA promotion exam holds
- Ronaldo doesn’t guarantee Juventus the title, warns Allegri
- Kofi Anan dies in Switzerland
- NAFRC commandant pulled out from service
- Osun: Parties left out of ballot paper, INEC explains
- Nigeria loses N126.2Bn on abandoned FG properties in Lagos – Unilag Don
- Relatives protest as rescue efforts end at collapsed Abuja building
- Saraki, Ahmed under fire as EFCC tightens noose
- Your ambition a pipe dream, BMO tells Tambuwal
- Why 2019 elections may be delayed
- Story Of Woman & Her Two Daughters Impregnated By One Man
- See The Plane Biafra Leader Ojukwu Used In Fleeing From Nigeria During Civil War (Photos)
- Don't Expose Your Marriage to Your Mother if She Doesn't Respect The Word of God
- Lagos Big Boy, Mark Osigwe, Shot Dead By Assassins (Photos)
- We’ll Humiliate Saraki Out Of Office - APC Senator | He Replies
- Woman Shot Dead By NDLEA During Raid In Lagos
- EFCC Goes After Saraki, Gov. Ahmed Over N7Billion Bond
- APC Already Looking For A New Senate President?
- PRAYER FOR TODAY
- How To Get Your Glow Back After Having A Baby
- Housemaid Kills Her Madam By Smashing Her Head With Stone
- Saraki Arrives Akwa Ibom In Style, Received By Crowd (Photos)
- Businessman Killed By Cultists 'On Revenge Mission' In Delta
- Saraki’s 2019 Presidential Ambition Alters Calculations In PDP
- Two Dead, 20 Trapped As Building Collapsed In Abuja
- 2019: The Big Battle For PDP Presidential Ticket Hots Up
- Demolition of my N800m music house political –Yinka Ayefele
- Nigeria’s democracy under threat, says Moghalu
- CBN floods economy with lower Naira denominations
- Saraki declares for 2019
- Israeli PM in corruption scandal
- Lagos State Govt denies privatising water supply
- Sales of pre-registered SIM cards boom despite fines
- I promise better welfare ahead of NWPL resumption –Hon. Odunlade
- Falconets eliminated from World Cup
- FIFA rejects Dalung’s ministerial visit offer
- Dollar depreciates against Naira at parallel market
- INEC Releases 2019 General Elections Notice In Lagos
- I'm An Experienced Job Creator - Atiku
- GEJ To Nigerians: Don't Despair In The Face Of Persecution