Former USA coach and Germany World Cup star, Jurgen Klinsmann, has told Nigerian coach, Gernot Rohr, to look the way of Major League Soccer club, Portland Timbers striker, Fanendo Adi ahead of the 2018 World Cup.
The coach of the USA national team, Klinsmann had courted Adi to swap nationality and play for the America.
He had then developed interest in Adi’s ability to play the box and wide attacking roles conveniently, but the Nigerian rebuffed the move.
Klinsmann, a former Germany captain, was said to have called Rohr to brief him of the abilities of the Nigerian striker.
He said Adi has the qualities that are rare in modern strikers and could be of immense importance to the Nigerian attacking style.
He was quoted to have told German news outlet, “This guy is a great guy with absolute ability to combine the box and wide striking roles effectively with a huge area strength.
“I was talking to him about switching over to USA but it seems he had much hopes and respect for his homeland, maybe if I had stayed back with the American national team he would have changed his decision but I really want to believe that Gernot will be excited with this young man.”
Klinsmann is on the verge of landing the Australia national team job after completing his interview with Australia FA on Monday.
About Article Author
Latest Nigeria News
- Coalition protests in Ilorin in support of IGP Idris
- Story Of Woman Who Was "Sacked" For Giving Birth To Triplets
- Medical Doctor turned Thief defrauds car dealer N28m, arrested by Police in Lagos
- Olisa Metuh Collapses In Court, Judge Reacts Angrily
- Woman Drugs, Kidnaps Friend After Luring Her To Hotel In Lagos
- Obasanjo visits Afenifere leaders: "We have to rescue Nigeria"
- You must marry corpse of our daughter – family tells boyfriend
- Explore Nigeria With These Top Four Tour Operators
- Buhari To Lead 1 Million Nigerians For Democracy Walk
- Dino Melaye: I Was Never Framed Up, Arraigned For Fighting GEJ
- Offa Robbery: Police Finally Nab Two Notorious Leaders
- Woman Rescued From Suspected Kidnappers, Ritualists In Lagos
- PRAYER FOR TODAY
- Obasanjo identifies 4 ways to prevent insecurity
- CBN calls on bankers to address challenges of fintech
- LASU VC reaffirms fairness, transparency, accountability to stakeholders
- Nigerian Govt inaugurates new website to bring governance closer to citizens
- Lagos hits N34bn monthly IGR – Ashade
- I regret supporting Saraki for Senate President – Ndume
- Northern youths urge Buhari, Atiku not to contest in 2019
- After 30 days in medical custody, Melaye healthy enough to lambast Aso Rock
- Ohaneze’s latest declaration will scare many politicians
- 15 Nigerian agencies failed to remit N8.1 trillion under Jonathan
- PRAYER FOR TODAY
- ‘Entrepreneurship Key To Poverty Alleviation’
- I Made First Class Despite Distractions - UNILAG’s valedictorian
- Female Suicide Bomber Captured Alive As Good Men Stop Her From Killing People
- I Sell My Guns To Anyone That Needs Them - Suspect opens up
- APC Moves To Stop Saraki, Dogara, Others From Leaving Party
- Presidency raises alarm: Rich & corrupt ganging up against Buhari
- Suspected Fulani Herdsmen Kill 6 Teachers In Benue
- 'APC Government Planning To Assassinate Me' - Gov. Wike
- Fashola To Lagos Govt.: Provide Land For Housing
- Young Cultists Raining Havoc In Nigerian Schools (DETAILS)
- I Will Die! Woman tears her dress after herdsman destroys cassava farm she took loan to cultivate
- God Is All You Need
- Man Kills Girlfriend For Money Ritual, Stuffs Her Body Inside Bucket In Lagos
- Garba Shehu attacks lawmakers, civil servants, security agencies, PDP heckling Buhari govt.
- Replicate seamless political transition in Lagos nationwide, Ekwunife tells APC
- Beautiful Lady Celebrates After Graduating As A Private Pilot