– Recent international surveys report that Donald Trump’s administration is the most corrupt so far
– Top government officials in the White House are ranked top in the list of corrupt groups
– Americans have little confidence that the present administration possess the character, willpower and ability to tackle corruption in the United States
Recent surveys show that at least half of Americans regard Trump’s leadership as the worst and most corrupt ever as far as politics is concerned.
The citizens actually believe that Trump’s officials are immoral and reckless in their offices. This is in contrast to Donald Trump’s effort to stem the tide of corruption in the country.
According to Washington Post’s report, Transparency International, the top nonprofit group that tracks corruption internationally, Americans are not confident that the present leadership has the character, willpower and capacity to eradicate corruption.
According to the report, institutions in the White House comes top among the very corrupt ones, followed by those in Washington and outside the Beltway.
“The current US president was elected on a promise of cleaning up American politics and making government work better for those who feel their interests have been neglected by political elites.
“Yet, rather than feeling better about progress about the fight against corruption over the past year in America, a clear majority of people in American now say that things have become worse,” the group’s report stated.
Apart from members of congress who are accused as being the second most corrupt group of government officials of the study’s nine categories the judiciary, private sector and other top government agencies are also included in the list of corrupt groups.
Moreover, more than 50 percent respondents said the US government’s effort at combating corruption is discouraging.
In fact, reports have it that due to fear of victimisation, Americans avoid reporting corruption cases.
The notion that the presidency is corrupt is not strange. This is because it is common knowledge that the president himself has several cases of clash of interest in his family and his inability to declare his asset leaves much to be suspected.
Zoe Reiter, Transparency International’s U.S. representative, explained that the survey was intended to substantiate the claim that the administration is sluggish in the push against corruption.
“The good news is that majority of Americans feel empowered to fight corruption. Since our elected officials are failing to deliver, we need to figure out a way to push them much harder to take these issues more seriously,” Zoe stated.
The report contains recommendations bordering on more transparency in government, more power of the office of government ethics, increased security and public access to government information.
That Trump succeeded in the 2016 election campaign on an anti-corruption platform demonstrated how seriously the citizens take the issue.
Yet, just one year into office, Trump has already lost the confidence of most Americans, as most of his promises during his political campaign in 2016 are yet unfulfilled.
She mentioned:“I think this should be taken as a wake-up call for elected officials that Americans are fed up with their promises to clean up government”.
NAIJ.com had earlier reported that Trump suggested death penalty in a tweet that also claimed Saipov was “happy” about killing eight people by driving a truck down a Manhattan bike path.
NAIJ.com gathered that Trump tweeted thus: “NYC terrorist was happy as he asked to hang ISIS flag in his hospital room. He killed 8 people, badly injured 12.”
However, some people are concerned that the president’s suggestion of death sentence before the trial could affect the judgement of the federal trial.
Andrew C. McCarthy, a former assistant US attorney for the Southern District of New York, tweeted: “Mr President, we all know he should get the death penalty. But when you say it, it makes it harder for DOJ to make that happen.”
About Article Author
Latest Nigeria News
- Garba Shehu attacks lawmakers, civil servants, security agencies, PDP heckling Buhari govt.
- Replicate seamless political transition in Lagos nationwide, Ekwunife tells APC
- Beautiful Lady Celebrates After Graduating As A Private Pilot
- Policemen Disgrace Civil Defence Officer, Bundle Him Into Van
- Prince Harry and Meghan Markle wed in style
- More Confusion In APC As Party's State Congresses Get Ugly
- Top Four Affordable Phones Anyone Can Buy
- Air Force launches rocket attacks against Boko Haram, kills many
- Saraki, Dogara, Kwankwaso, Others Get Secret Deal From PDP?
- 21 Ex-governors, deputies still earning double salaries as Senators, Ministers
- Kaduna LG Poll: APC Wins 14; PDP 4 chairs
- Police parades three fake currency dealer suspects
- Ogun Assembly passes resolution to establish dump sites across LGAs
- There ‘ll be religious war in Nigeria if.. – CAN
- We ‘ll continue to resist anti-grazing law – Herdsmen
- How To Help Build Your Marriage Even If Your Spouse Is Difficult
- Woman in custody fight carries 7-yr-old son, jumps from top of 25-story building
- Dogs named Harry, Maeghan have own royal wedding too
- Yahoo Boys’ New Tactics of Evading Arrest
- Woman lures boy to abduct little girl during church service
- Falana, Others React to Saraki's Face Off with Police Headquarters over "Killer Squad"
- Court strips indebted Sen. Oduah of all assets, funds in 14 businesses across Lagos, Abuja
- Self-Defence Call: What CSOs, NHRC, military officers, others write in panel report on Danjuma allegation
- Nigeria appointed chair of Anti-Corruption Agencies in Commonwealth Africa
- Imo: Okorocha reveals why Oyegun takes side with ememies to rock APC
- Murder Suspects In Police Headquarters Have Implicated Saraki?
- TRAGEDY! Plane carrying 105 passengers crashes after take off
- Is Billionaire Otedola Running For Governor In Lagos?
- Okorocha Raises Alarm Over APC Chairman Oyegun
- Governor Plunges Into River While Taking Selfie On New Bridge
- Plane crash claims over 100 lives
- Important Things To Look For When Booking A Hotel Room
- Army dismisses Gen TY Danjuma’s claims on Herdsmen killings
- Multi-Billion Naira Debt: Govt. Takes Over Stella Oduah’s Assets
- "Only Formidable Opposition Will Defeat Buhari In 2019"
- PRAYER FOR TODAY
- Over 120 Nigerians kidnapped in six days
- Imo: APC jubilates as Aso Rock, Catholic Church abandon Okorocha
- Jack Wilshere reacts to World Cup squad omission
- Russia to ‘punish’ fans over racist Pogba, Dembele chants