– Recent international surveys report that Donald Trump’s administration is the most corrupt so far
– Top government officials in the White House are ranked top in the list of corrupt groups
– Americans have little confidence that the present administration possess the character, willpower and ability to tackle corruption in the United States
Recent surveys show that at least half of Americans regard Trump’s leadership as the worst and most corrupt ever as far as politics is concerned.
The citizens actually believe that Trump’s officials are immoral and reckless in their offices. This is in contrast to Donald Trump’s effort to stem the tide of corruption in the country.
According to Washington Post’s report, Transparency International, the top nonprofit group that tracks corruption internationally, Americans are not confident that the present leadership has the character, willpower and capacity to eradicate corruption.
According to the report, institutions in the White House comes top among the very corrupt ones, followed by those in Washington and outside the Beltway.
“The current US president was elected on a promise of cleaning up American politics and making government work better for those who feel their interests have been neglected by political elites.
“Yet, rather than feeling better about progress about the fight against corruption over the past year in America, a clear majority of people in American now say that things have become worse,” the group’s report stated.
Apart from members of congress who are accused as being the second most corrupt group of government officials of the study’s nine categories the judiciary, private sector and other top government agencies are also included in the list of corrupt groups.
Moreover, more than 50 percent respondents said the US government’s effort at combating corruption is discouraging.
In fact, reports have it that due to fear of victimisation, Americans avoid reporting corruption cases.
The notion that the presidency is corrupt is not strange. This is because it is common knowledge that the president himself has several cases of clash of interest in his family and his inability to declare his asset leaves much to be suspected.
Zoe Reiter, Transparency International’s U.S. representative, explained that the survey was intended to substantiate the claim that the administration is sluggish in the push against corruption.
“The good news is that majority of Americans feel empowered to fight corruption. Since our elected officials are failing to deliver, we need to figure out a way to push them much harder to take these issues more seriously,” Zoe stated.
The report contains recommendations bordering on more transparency in government, more power of the office of government ethics, increased security and public access to government information.
That Trump succeeded in the 2016 election campaign on an anti-corruption platform demonstrated how seriously the citizens take the issue.
Yet, just one year into office, Trump has already lost the confidence of most Americans, as most of his promises during his political campaign in 2016 are yet unfulfilled.
She mentioned:“I think this should be taken as a wake-up call for elected officials that Americans are fed up with their promises to clean up government”.
NAIJ.com had earlier reported that Trump suggested death penalty in a tweet that also claimed Saipov was “happy” about killing eight people by driving a truck down a Manhattan bike path.
NAIJ.com gathered that Trump tweeted thus: “NYC terrorist was happy as he asked to hang ISIS flag in his hospital room. He killed 8 people, badly injured 12.”
However, some people are concerned that the president’s suggestion of death sentence before the trial could affect the judgement of the federal trial.
Andrew C. McCarthy, a former assistant US attorney for the Southern District of New York, tweeted: “Mr President, we all know he should get the death penalty. But when you say it, it makes it harder for DOJ to make that happen.”
About Article Author
Latest Nigeria News
- GEJ To Nigerians: Don't Despair In The Face Of Persecution
- PHOTOS: Bayelsa International Airport Almost Ready
- Corporate Keke Driver Customizes His Keke With Cups Of Sweets For Passengers
- US-based Nigerian Man Stabbed To Death By His Lover's Ex
- Nigeria Police To Be Decentralized
- Man Sentenced To Death For Killing Pregnant Wife Over N1000
- Young Robbers Terrorizing Delta Nabbed By Security Operatives
- Photo Of Saraki and His Beautiful Daughters
- Meet Nigeria's Strongest Man As He Shares Secret Of His Success
- Lady Makes Shocking Revelations: My abductors butchered people for rituals
- Many Sleeping At INEC Office In Lagos Just To Get PVC
- Ayefele fans, workers protest planned demolition of radio station
- Faces Of Suspected Homos*xuals Arrested In Hotel Room
- Deadlock In National Assembly Over N189bn Budget For INEC
- PRAYER FOR TODAY
- Best Destinations For Your First International Trip
- Woman Lies In The Middle Of The Road To Protest Non-Payment Of 13 Months Salary
- Bank Staff Arrested For Fraud On His Wedding Day In Lagos
- Married Woman Committing Adultery Dies After S*x
- Yinka Ayefele Sues Oyo Government Over Building Demolition
- Akpabio Runs To Court, Stops Saraki From Declaring Seat Vacant
- Little Man Rocks NYSC Kit In Style
- New Minimum Wage: We Weren't Elected Just To Pay Salaries - Governors
- Protest At Police Headquarters Abuja Over Detention of Premium Times Journalist
- Soldiers Kill Notorious Bandit, Sani Danbuzuwa During Shoot Out
- Security vote: Governors challenge Buhari, EFCC
- Here is how much FG recovered from whistle blowers
- Philipp Lahm heads Germany bid to host Euro 2024 tournament
- Omeruo signs one year loan deal
- Ogu trains in Cyprus ahead of make-or-break match
- FCT FA Commences U-13 Football Talent Hunt
- Club Brugge turns down Osimhen after trials
- Abia Warriors crush Manga FA 4-0
- France 2018: Falconets ready to battle for semi final ticket
- 120 students participate In 3rd edition Nimrod North West Holiday Volleyball Clinic
- Female Student Wounds Friend For Advise Her To Quit Smoking
- WHAT'S GOING ON HERE?
- Lawmakers defect in Ogun
- 2019: Al-Mustapha formally shows interest in presidential race
- LCCI tackles FIRS over new tax provision