– Recent international surveys report that Donald Trump’s administration is the most corrupt so far
– Top government officials in the White House are ranked top in the list of corrupt groups
– Americans have little confidence that the present administration possess the character, willpower and ability to tackle corruption in the United States
Recent surveys show that at least half of Americans regard Trump’s leadership as the worst and most corrupt ever as far as politics is concerned.
The citizens actually believe that Trump’s officials are immoral and reckless in their offices. This is in contrast to Donald Trump’s effort to stem the tide of corruption in the country.
According to Washington Post’s report, Transparency International, the top nonprofit group that tracks corruption internationally, Americans are not confident that the present leadership has the character, willpower and capacity to eradicate corruption.
According to the report, institutions in the White House comes top among the very corrupt ones, followed by those in Washington and outside the Beltway.
“The current US president was elected on a promise of cleaning up American politics and making government work better for those who feel their interests have been neglected by political elites.
“Yet, rather than feeling better about progress about the fight against corruption over the past year in America, a clear majority of people in American now say that things have become worse,” the group’s report stated.
Apart from members of congress who are accused as being the second most corrupt group of government officials of the study’s nine categories the judiciary, private sector and other top government agencies are also included in the list of corrupt groups.
Moreover, more than 50 percent respondents said the US government’s effort at combating corruption is discouraging.
In fact, reports have it that due to fear of victimisation, Americans avoid reporting corruption cases.
The notion that the presidency is corrupt is not strange. This is because it is common knowledge that the president himself has several cases of clash of interest in his family and his inability to declare his asset leaves much to be suspected.
Zoe Reiter, Transparency International’s U.S. representative, explained that the survey was intended to substantiate the claim that the administration is sluggish in the push against corruption.
“The good news is that majority of Americans feel empowered to fight corruption. Since our elected officials are failing to deliver, we need to figure out a way to push them much harder to take these issues more seriously,” Zoe stated.
The report contains recommendations bordering on more transparency in government, more power of the office of government ethics, increased security and public access to government information.
That Trump succeeded in the 2016 election campaign on an anti-corruption platform demonstrated how seriously the citizens take the issue.
Yet, just one year into office, Trump has already lost the confidence of most Americans, as most of his promises during his political campaign in 2016 are yet unfulfilled.
She mentioned:“I think this should be taken as a wake-up call for elected officials that Americans are fed up with their promises to clean up government”.
NAIJ.com had earlier reported that Trump suggested death penalty in a tweet that also claimed Saipov was “happy” about killing eight people by driving a truck down a Manhattan bike path.
NAIJ.com gathered that Trump tweeted thus: “NYC terrorist was happy as he asked to hang ISIS flag in his hospital room. He killed 8 people, badly injured 12.”
However, some people are concerned that the president’s suggestion of death sentence before the trial could affect the judgement of the federal trial.
Andrew C. McCarthy, a former assistant US attorney for the Southern District of New York, tweeted: “Mr President, we all know he should get the death penalty. But when you say it, it makes it harder for DOJ to make that happen.”
About Article Author
Latest Nigeria News
- Saraki Replies Oshiomhole: You Should Not Even Be Talking After "Collecting Dollars"
- TraderMoni A Trick For APC Vote-buying? Case Goes To Court
- IGP, Police Service Commission clash on special promotions: Reps begin probe
- "I Won’t Die Until You Become President" - Nwabueze to Atiku
- FG has not released cash for us to complete unemployment report; says NBS Boss
- Woman Miraculously Escapes Death After Speeding Car Rammed Into Her Shop In Asaba (Photos)
- Oshiomhole Is Corrupt? Protesters Storm ICPC, Demand Probe
- Monkey Snatches Newborn Baby Boy From Mother, Kills Him
- Buhari Must Go With Hardship, We'll Fix The Economy – Atiku
- Married Woman Dies Due To 'Wrong Injection', Family Battles Lagos Hospital
- PDP A Damaged Product, says APC
- Governors to Labour: If You Insist On N30k We'll Sack Workers
- Offa Robbery Update: "You Have Case To Answer"
- Atiku, Peter Obi, Others Meet Igbo Leaders In Enugu (Photos)
- Things Choking Nigeria Economy Revealed
- Woman Duped By Boyfriend Of N4.8million In Lagos
- PRAYER FOR TODAY
- Isaac Success rated best Nigerian player in Europe
- Adetunji returns to Abia Warriors
- Fresh cholera outbreak claims 175 IDPs in Northeast
- 2019: Buhari, APC plot to liquidate bank accounts of oppositions – PDP
- Aisha Buhari commends Governors’ Wives on commitment to women’s health
- Bribery allegation; Saraki tackles Oshiomhole
- Fresh crisis hits MOSOP
- MTN seeks operational license to establish bank in Nigeria
- El-Rufai begins Islamisation in Kaduna
- Atiku arrives Enugu for meeting with PDP leaders
- Exposed! Heritage Bank in multi-billion Naira fraud
- Apapa’s port, others under siege
- Two police officers to die for murder
- "I Saw Myself N*ked & Tied" - Lady Celebrates After Escaping From Ritualists In Delta
- Excited Man All Smiles After Undergoing Facial Surgery To Remove Huge Growth
- Beautiful Nurse & Engineer Fiance Share Pre-wedding Pics
- University professors earn more than me as a governor – Fayemi
- Lagos govt. now permits hijab in public schools
- Super Eagles will bring down Bafana —Okowa
- NPFL: Super 8 to hold in Asaba
- IMF projects 4.4% in 2019 on infrastructure projects
- Mikel Obi breaks silence on retirement from Super Eagles
- NIMC boss seeks to unlock Nigeria’s digital market opportunities