Education in Nigeria is developing very rapidly. The government is paying more attention to the development of the education system and especially to state universities. Some universities are owned by the federal government (federal universities). But in this article, we will review the best state universities in Nigeria. These are the ones that are owned and controlled by the respective state government.
Best state university in Nigeria in 2017 – Top 5
Lagos State University
LASU is a multi-campus university which was founded in 1984 and it is under the auspices of the Lagos State Government. The main campus is located in Ojo along the Lagos-Badagry Expressway. This university has over than 35,000 students. There are such faculties as art, social sciences, business administration, science, education and so on.
Rivers State University of Science and Technology
One of the best state universities in Nigeria is RSUST – a large institution that was founded in 1972. There are about 30,000 students. The motto of the University is “Excellence and Creativity”. You can study there such disciplines as arts, business administration, law, engineering and technology, education.
Benue State University
It is also a good state university in Nigeria. It is located in Makurdi. It also offers students an array of courses and faculties.
Enugu State University of Science and Technology
The next one of our university ranking in Nigeria is ESUT. The institution aims to produce useful and productive members of the society.
Kwara State University
It was established under the administration of Dr. Bukola Saraki on 2009. is the 77th university to be registered by the Nigerian Universities Commission (NUC). It is one of the most recognized state institutions in Nigeria. Interestingly enough, it’s actually one of the most recent institutions as it was only established in 2009. It offers its students a well-developed infrastructure for education and aims to educate and inspire future leaders.
Those are the top best universities in Nigeria. They have large libraries and strive to offer their students the very best. State universities in Nigeria receive huge support from the government. They do their best to compete with not just their federal counterparts but also with international higher institutions.
Education in Nigeria has experienced several stages of progress: the first stage began with the complete transformation of the education system, in which traditional customs and some Western technologies were mixed. The next step was the introduction of English as a compulsory language and subject for study. At the moment, the country has succeeded in producing some real professionals and graduates, so the situation with education in Nigeria is very hopeful.
About Article Author
Latest Nigeria News
- NRA promotion exam holds
- Ronaldo doesn’t guarantee Juventus the title, warns Allegri
- Kofi Anan dies in Switzerland
- NAFRC commandant pulled out from service
- Osun: Parties left out of ballot paper, INEC explains
- Nigeria loses N126.2Bn on abandoned FG properties in Lagos – Unilag Don
- Relatives protest as rescue efforts end at collapsed Abuja building
- Saraki, Ahmed under fire as EFCC tightens noose
- Your ambition a pipe dream, BMO tells Tambuwal
- Why 2019 elections may be delayed
- Story Of Woman & Her Two Daughters Impregnated By One Man
- See The Plane Biafra Leader Ojukwu Used In Fleeing From Nigeria During Civil War (Photos)
- Don't Expose Your Marriage to Your Mother if She Doesn't Respect The Word of God
- Lagos Big Boy, Mark Osigwe, Shot Dead By Assassins (Photos)
- We’ll Humiliate Saraki Out Of Office - APC Senator | He Replies
- Woman Shot Dead By NDLEA During Raid In Lagos
- EFCC Goes After Saraki, Gov. Ahmed Over N7Billion Bond
- APC Already Looking For A New Senate President?
- PRAYER FOR TODAY
- How To Get Your Glow Back After Having A Baby
- Housemaid Kills Her Madam By Smashing Her Head With Stone
- Saraki Arrives Akwa Ibom In Style, Received By Crowd (Photos)
- Businessman Killed By Cultists 'On Revenge Mission' In Delta
- Saraki’s 2019 Presidential Ambition Alters Calculations In PDP
- Two Dead, 20 Trapped As Building Collapsed In Abuja
- 2019: The Big Battle For PDP Presidential Ticket Hots Up
- Demolition of my N800m music house political –Yinka Ayefele
- Nigeria’s democracy under threat, says Moghalu
- CBN floods economy with lower Naira denominations
- Saraki declares for 2019
- Israeli PM in corruption scandal
- Lagos State Govt denies privatising water supply
- Sales of pre-registered SIM cards boom despite fines
- I promise better welfare ahead of NWPL resumption –Hon. Odunlade
- Falconets eliminated from World Cup
- FIFA rejects Dalung’s ministerial visit offer
- Dollar depreciates against Naira at parallel market
- INEC Releases 2019 General Elections Notice In Lagos
- I'm An Experienced Job Creator - Atiku
- GEJ To Nigerians: Don't Despair In The Face Of Persecution