… as Assembly kicks over purported endorsement of Okorocha’s son-in-law
By Chinonso Alozie
Governor Okorocha disclosed this in a statement in Owerri, through his Chief Press Secretary, Mr Sam Onwuemeodo, when officers of the Nigeria Air Force led by the Air Officer Commanding Ground Training Command, AVM Sampson Akpasa visited him, at Government House.
Okorocha said 89 percent of Nigerians were not happy and that only four percent are, noting that the vital expect of human existence had not been addressed in the country.
Meanwhile, the Imo State House of Assembly, controlled by All Progressives Congress, APC, has said it cannot be cowed into endorsing Mr. Uche Nwosu, son-in-law to Governor Rochas Okorocha, as the sole candidate for 2019 governorship election.
On the governor’s scorecard for the Federal Government, according to the statement, “Governor Rochas Okorocha has said 89 percent of Nigerians are not happy in the real sense of the word happiness and that only four percent could really be happy to some extents, while seven percent might claim to be happy, adding that the vital aspect of human existence which is happiness must be addressed.
“Let me commend the Nigeria Air Force for the good job they are doing in this country, especially their fight against insurgency and, currently, what is happening in Numan and all the efforts they are making to restore peace in that area. I’m particularly proud of you.
“Agitation comes up when people are not happy and the whole essence of life is to be happy.
“For this reason, I will advise the Air Force to, just as I have done recently, which most people didn’t understand, create a department for Happiness and Purpose Fulfilment.
“This will help to address the need of even junior officers, who may have some forms of dissatisfaction in the discharge of their duties. Sometimes you may think that they are happy when they are not and this sabotages the efforts of the Federal Government.”
Assembly reacts to endorsement news
On the 2109 governorship election, the House spoke after one it members, Mr. Henry Ezediaro, representing Oguta state constituency, claimed that the entire 27 lawmakers had endorsed Nwosu for 2019.
Investigations by Vanguard revealed that Nwosu’s loyalists were not happy, having failed in their plan to pass the endorsement move in the House of Assembly.
When Vanguard called on Mr. Marcel Ekwezuo, the Chief Press Secretary to the Speaker of the Imo State House of Assembly, Mr. Acho Ihim, he said: “Imo State House of Assembly cannot endorse anybody because the lawmaker’s work is to make laws that will impact positively on the lives of the people.
“It does not include endorsing anybody. Imo House of Assembly is made up of not only members of APC; we also have members of PDP. So if somebody says a House made up of APC and PDP endorsed an APC candidate, I do not think it is right.
“I know Uche Nwosu is one of us. He has the right to vote and be voted for; it could be a misquote. They misquoted the lawmaker from Oguta.”
About Article Author
Latest Nigeria News
- Garba Shehu attacks lawmakers, civil servants, security agencies, PDP heckling Buhari govt.
- Replicate seamless political transition in Lagos nationwide, Ekwunife tells APC
- Beautiful Lady Celebrates After Graduating As A Private Pilot
- Policemen Disgrace Civil Defence Officer, Bundle Him Into Van
- Prince Harry and Meghan Markle wed in style
- More Confusion In APC As Party's State Congresses Get Ugly
- Top Four Affordable Phones Anyone Can Buy
- Air Force launches rocket attacks against Boko Haram, kills many
- Saraki, Dogara, Kwankwaso, Others Get Secret Deal From PDP?
- 21 Ex-governors, deputies still earning double salaries as Senators, Ministers
- Kaduna LG Poll: APC Wins 14; PDP 4 chairs
- Police parades three fake currency dealer suspects
- Ogun Assembly passes resolution to establish dump sites across LGAs
- There ‘ll be religious war in Nigeria if.. – CAN
- We ‘ll continue to resist anti-grazing law – Herdsmen
- How To Help Build Your Marriage Even If Your Spouse Is Difficult
- Woman in custody fight carries 7-yr-old son, jumps from top of 25-story building
- Dogs named Harry, Maeghan have own royal wedding too
- Yahoo Boys’ New Tactics of Evading Arrest
- Woman lures boy to abduct little girl during church service
- Falana, Others React to Saraki's Face Off with Police Headquarters over "Killer Squad"
- Court strips indebted Sen. Oduah of all assets, funds in 14 businesses across Lagos, Abuja
- Self-Defence Call: What CSOs, NHRC, military officers, others write in panel report on Danjuma allegation
- Nigeria appointed chair of Anti-Corruption Agencies in Commonwealth Africa
- Imo: Okorocha reveals why Oyegun takes side with ememies to rock APC
- Murder Suspects In Police Headquarters Have Implicated Saraki?
- TRAGEDY! Plane carrying 105 passengers crashes after take off
- Is Billionaire Otedola Running For Governor In Lagos?
- Okorocha Raises Alarm Over APC Chairman Oyegun
- Governor Plunges Into River While Taking Selfie On New Bridge
- Plane crash claims over 100 lives
- Important Things To Look For When Booking A Hotel Room
- Army dismisses Gen TY Danjuma’s claims on Herdsmen killings
- Multi-Billion Naira Debt: Govt. Takes Over Stella Oduah’s Assets
- "Only Formidable Opposition Will Defeat Buhari In 2019"
- PRAYER FOR TODAY
- Over 120 Nigerians kidnapped in six days
- Imo: APC jubilates as Aso Rock, Catholic Church abandon Okorocha
- Jack Wilshere reacts to World Cup squad omission
- Russia to ‘punish’ fans over racist Pogba, Dembele chants