… as Assembly kicks over purported endorsement of Okorocha’s son-in-law
By Chinonso Alozie
Governor Okorocha disclosed this in a statement in Owerri, through his Chief Press Secretary, Mr Sam Onwuemeodo, when officers of the Nigeria Air Force led by the Air Officer Commanding Ground Training Command, AVM Sampson Akpasa visited him, at Government House.
Okorocha said 89 percent of Nigerians were not happy and that only four percent are, noting that the vital expect of human existence had not been addressed in the country.
Meanwhile, the Imo State House of Assembly, controlled by All Progressives Congress, APC, has said it cannot be cowed into endorsing Mr. Uche Nwosu, son-in-law to Governor Rochas Okorocha, as the sole candidate for 2019 governorship election.
On the governor’s scorecard for the Federal Government, according to the statement, “Governor Rochas Okorocha has said 89 percent of Nigerians are not happy in the real sense of the word happiness and that only four percent could really be happy to some extents, while seven percent might claim to be happy, adding that the vital aspect of human existence which is happiness must be addressed.
“Let me commend the Nigeria Air Force for the good job they are doing in this country, especially their fight against insurgency and, currently, what is happening in Numan and all the efforts they are making to restore peace in that area. I’m particularly proud of you.
“Agitation comes up when people are not happy and the whole essence of life is to be happy.
“For this reason, I will advise the Air Force to, just as I have done recently, which most people didn’t understand, create a department for Happiness and Purpose Fulfilment.
“This will help to address the need of even junior officers, who may have some forms of dissatisfaction in the discharge of their duties. Sometimes you may think that they are happy when they are not and this sabotages the efforts of the Federal Government.”
Assembly reacts to endorsement news
On the 2109 governorship election, the House spoke after one it members, Mr. Henry Ezediaro, representing Oguta state constituency, claimed that the entire 27 lawmakers had endorsed Nwosu for 2019.
Investigations by Vanguard revealed that Nwosu’s loyalists were not happy, having failed in their plan to pass the endorsement move in the House of Assembly.
When Vanguard called on Mr. Marcel Ekwezuo, the Chief Press Secretary to the Speaker of the Imo State House of Assembly, Mr. Acho Ihim, he said: “Imo State House of Assembly cannot endorse anybody because the lawmaker’s work is to make laws that will impact positively on the lives of the people.
“It does not include endorsing anybody. Imo House of Assembly is made up of not only members of APC; we also have members of PDP. So if somebody says a House made up of APC and PDP endorsed an APC candidate, I do not think it is right.
“I know Uche Nwosu is one of us. He has the right to vote and be voted for; it could be a misquote. They misquoted the lawmaker from Oguta.”
About Article Author
Latest Nigeria News
- GEJ To Nigerians: Don't Despair In The Face Of Persecution
- PHOTOS: Bayelsa International Airport Almost Ready
- Corporate Keke Driver Customizes His Keke With Cups Of Sweets For Passengers
- US-based Nigerian Man Stabbed To Death By His Lover's Ex
- Nigeria Police To Be Decentralized
- Man Sentenced To Death For Killing Pregnant Wife Over N1000
- Young Robbers Terrorizing Delta Nabbed By Security Operatives
- Photo Of Saraki and His Beautiful Daughters
- Meet Nigeria's Strongest Man As He Shares Secret Of His Success
- Lady Makes Shocking Revelations: My abductors butchered people for rituals
- Many Sleeping At INEC Office In Lagos Just To Get PVC
- Ayefele fans, workers protest planned demolition of radio station
- Faces Of Suspected Homos*xuals Arrested In Hotel Room
- Deadlock In National Assembly Over N189bn Budget For INEC
- PRAYER FOR TODAY
- Best Destinations For Your First International Trip
- Woman Lies In The Middle Of The Road To Protest Non-Payment Of 13 Months Salary
- Bank Staff Arrested For Fraud On His Wedding Day In Lagos
- Married Woman Committing Adultery Dies After S*x
- Yinka Ayefele Sues Oyo Government Over Building Demolition
- Akpabio Runs To Court, Stops Saraki From Declaring Seat Vacant
- Little Man Rocks NYSC Kit In Style
- New Minimum Wage: We Weren't Elected Just To Pay Salaries - Governors
- Protest At Police Headquarters Abuja Over Detention of Premium Times Journalist
- Soldiers Kill Notorious Bandit, Sani Danbuzuwa During Shoot Out
- Security vote: Governors challenge Buhari, EFCC
- Here is how much FG recovered from whistle blowers
- Philipp Lahm heads Germany bid to host Euro 2024 tournament
- Omeruo signs one year loan deal
- Ogu trains in Cyprus ahead of make-or-break match
- FCT FA Commences U-13 Football Talent Hunt
- Club Brugge turns down Osimhen after trials
- Abia Warriors crush Manga FA 4-0
- France 2018: Falconets ready to battle for semi final ticket
- 120 students participate In 3rd edition Nimrod North West Holiday Volleyball Clinic
- Female Student Wounds Friend For Advise Her To Quit Smoking
- WHAT'S GOING ON HERE?
- Lawmakers defect in Ogun
- 2019: Al-Mustapha formally shows interest in presidential race
- LCCI tackles FIRS over new tax provision