Gibson Achonu, Owerri
Imo State Governor Rochas Okorocha has said that 89 per cent of Nigerians are not truly happy, maintaining that only “four per cent could really be happy to some extent,” while “seven per cent might claim to be happy.”
He argued that the vital aspect of human existence, which is happiness, must be addressed.
Okorocha, who recently created the Ministry of Happiness and Purpose Fulfillment, made the claim when officers of the Nigeria Air Force, led by the Air Officer Commanding Ground Training Command, Air Vice Marshal Sampson Akpasa, visited him at the Government House at the weekend.
Okorocha said agitations, insurgence, and hate-speech come up when people are not happy.
He said, “I commend the Nigeria Air Force for the good job they are doing in this country, especially their fight against insurgency and currently, what is happening in Numan and all the efforts they are making to restore peace in that area. I’m particularly proud of the Nigerian Air Force.
“But one thing is certain, if you observe recently, the level of crisis and agitations are on the increase. While we fight insurgence, I would advise that we also should find the cause of this agitation.
“Agitation comes up when people are not happy and the whole essence of life is to be happy. For this reason, I advice that the Air Force too, just like what I have done recently, which most people didn’t understand, should create a department for Happiness and Purpose Fulfillment.
“This will help to address the need of even junior officers, who may have some forms of dissatisfaction in the discharge of their duties.
“Sometimes, you may think that they are happy when they are not and this sabotages the efforts of the Federal Government,” the governor counselled.
“In Imo State, we have introduced the Ministry of Happiness and Purpose Fulfillment.
“I urge the Air Force to emulate what we are doing in Imo State to let everyone have a sense of belonging,” Okorocha added.
In his speech, Akpasa commended Okorocha for what he termed “the tremendous transformation” his administration has recorded in the state.
He said they had come on familiarization tour of the constituent security outfits established on July 3, 2017, adding that their new training ground has helped to handle insurgency in the North-East.
About Article Author
Latest Nigeria News
- Garba Shehu attacks lawmakers, civil servants, security agencies, PDP heckling Buhari govt.
- Replicate seamless political transition in Lagos nationwide, Ekwunife tells APC
- Beautiful Lady Celebrates After Graduating As A Private Pilot
- Policemen Disgrace Civil Defence Officer, Bundle Him Into Van
- Prince Harry and Meghan Markle wed in style
- More Confusion In APC As Party's State Congresses Get Ugly
- Top Four Affordable Phones Anyone Can Buy
- Air Force launches rocket attacks against Boko Haram, kills many
- Saraki, Dogara, Kwankwaso, Others Get Secret Deal From PDP?
- 21 Ex-governors, deputies still earning double salaries as Senators, Ministers
- Kaduna LG Poll: APC Wins 14; PDP 4 chairs
- Police parades three fake currency dealer suspects
- Ogun Assembly passes resolution to establish dump sites across LGAs
- There ‘ll be religious war in Nigeria if.. – CAN
- We ‘ll continue to resist anti-grazing law – Herdsmen
- How To Help Build Your Marriage Even If Your Spouse Is Difficult
- Woman in custody fight carries 7-yr-old son, jumps from top of 25-story building
- Dogs named Harry, Maeghan have own royal wedding too
- Yahoo Boys’ New Tactics of Evading Arrest
- Woman lures boy to abduct little girl during church service
- Falana, Others React to Saraki's Face Off with Police Headquarters over "Killer Squad"
- Court strips indebted Sen. Oduah of all assets, funds in 14 businesses across Lagos, Abuja
- Self-Defence Call: What CSOs, NHRC, military officers, others write in panel report on Danjuma allegation
- Nigeria appointed chair of Anti-Corruption Agencies in Commonwealth Africa
- Imo: Okorocha reveals why Oyegun takes side with ememies to rock APC
- Murder Suspects In Police Headquarters Have Implicated Saraki?
- TRAGEDY! Plane carrying 105 passengers crashes after take off
- Is Billionaire Otedola Running For Governor In Lagos?
- Okorocha Raises Alarm Over APC Chairman Oyegun
- Governor Plunges Into River While Taking Selfie On New Bridge
- Plane crash claims over 100 lives
- Important Things To Look For When Booking A Hotel Room
- Army dismisses Gen TY Danjuma’s claims on Herdsmen killings
- Multi-Billion Naira Debt: Govt. Takes Over Stella Oduah’s Assets
- "Only Formidable Opposition Will Defeat Buhari In 2019"
- PRAYER FOR TODAY
- Over 120 Nigerians kidnapped in six days
- Imo: APC jubilates as Aso Rock, Catholic Church abandon Okorocha
- Jack Wilshere reacts to World Cup squad omission
- Russia to ‘punish’ fans over racist Pogba, Dembele chants