Gibson Achonu, Owerri
Imo State Governor Rochas Okorocha has said that 89 per cent of Nigerians are not truly happy, maintaining that only “four per cent could really be happy to some extent,” while “seven per cent might claim to be happy.”
He argued that the vital aspect of human existence, which is happiness, must be addressed.
Okorocha, who recently created the Ministry of Happiness and Purpose Fulfillment, made the claim when officers of the Nigeria Air Force, led by the Air Officer Commanding Ground Training Command, Air Vice Marshal Sampson Akpasa, visited him at the Government House at the weekend.
Okorocha said agitations, insurgence, and hate-speech come up when people are not happy.
He said, “I commend the Nigeria Air Force for the good job they are doing in this country, especially their fight against insurgency and currently, what is happening in Numan and all the efforts they are making to restore peace in that area. I’m particularly proud of the Nigerian Air Force.
“But one thing is certain, if you observe recently, the level of crisis and agitations are on the increase. While we fight insurgence, I would advise that we also should find the cause of this agitation.
“Agitation comes up when people are not happy and the whole essence of life is to be happy. For this reason, I advice that the Air Force too, just like what I have done recently, which most people didn’t understand, should create a department for Happiness and Purpose Fulfillment.
“This will help to address the need of even junior officers, who may have some forms of dissatisfaction in the discharge of their duties.
“Sometimes, you may think that they are happy when they are not and this sabotages the efforts of the Federal Government,” the governor counselled.
“In Imo State, we have introduced the Ministry of Happiness and Purpose Fulfillment.
“I urge the Air Force to emulate what we are doing in Imo State to let everyone have a sense of belonging,” Okorocha added.
In his speech, Akpasa commended Okorocha for what he termed “the tremendous transformation” his administration has recorded in the state.
He said they had come on familiarization tour of the constituent security outfits established on July 3, 2017, adding that their new training ground has helped to handle insurgency in the North-East.
About Article Author
Latest Nigeria News
- GEJ To Nigerians: Don't Despair In The Face Of Persecution
- PHOTOS: Bayelsa International Airport Almost Ready
- Corporate Keke Driver Customizes His Keke With Cups Of Sweets For Passengers
- US-based Nigerian Man Stabbed To Death By His Lover's Ex
- Nigeria Police To Be Decentralized
- Man Sentenced To Death For Killing Pregnant Wife Over N1000
- Young Robbers Terrorizing Delta Nabbed By Security Operatives
- Photo Of Saraki and His Beautiful Daughters
- Meet Nigeria's Strongest Man As He Shares Secret Of His Success
- Lady Makes Shocking Revelations: My abductors butchered people for rituals
- Many Sleeping At INEC Office In Lagos Just To Get PVC
- Ayefele fans, workers protest planned demolition of radio station
- Faces Of Suspected Homos*xuals Arrested In Hotel Room
- Deadlock In National Assembly Over N189bn Budget For INEC
- PRAYER FOR TODAY
- Best Destinations For Your First International Trip
- Woman Lies In The Middle Of The Road To Protest Non-Payment Of 13 Months Salary
- Bank Staff Arrested For Fraud On His Wedding Day In Lagos
- Married Woman Committing Adultery Dies After S*x
- Yinka Ayefele Sues Oyo Government Over Building Demolition
- Akpabio Runs To Court, Stops Saraki From Declaring Seat Vacant
- Little Man Rocks NYSC Kit In Style
- New Minimum Wage: We Weren't Elected Just To Pay Salaries - Governors
- Protest At Police Headquarters Abuja Over Detention of Premium Times Journalist
- Soldiers Kill Notorious Bandit, Sani Danbuzuwa During Shoot Out
- Security vote: Governors challenge Buhari, EFCC
- Here is how much FG recovered from whistle blowers
- Philipp Lahm heads Germany bid to host Euro 2024 tournament
- Omeruo signs one year loan deal
- Ogu trains in Cyprus ahead of make-or-break match
- FCT FA Commences U-13 Football Talent Hunt
- Club Brugge turns down Osimhen after trials
- Abia Warriors crush Manga FA 4-0
- France 2018: Falconets ready to battle for semi final ticket
- 120 students participate In 3rd edition Nimrod North West Holiday Volleyball Clinic
- Female Student Wounds Friend For Advise Her To Quit Smoking
- WHAT'S GOING ON HERE?
- Lawmakers defect in Ogun
- 2019: Al-Mustapha formally shows interest in presidential race
- LCCI tackles FIRS over new tax provision