Samuel Awoyinfa, Abeokuta
The National Chairman of Labour Party, Alhaji Abdulkadir Abdulsalam, says the All Progressives Congress’ government led by President Muhammadu Buhari has “failed woefully” in its over two years in office.
Abdulsalam who spoke at a press conference on Friday in Abeokuta, Ogun State capital, also accused Buhari of “sectional appointment and development.”
The LP chairman also said there was an all-pervading hunger in the land with anger written on faces of Nigerians.
Abdulsalam equally carpeted the APC-led administration on the recently inaugurated committee on new minimum wage.
He argued that with salary arrears running into over six months hanging on the neck of some governors, salary increment might not be feasible.
He said, “APC has failed woefully. Let me tell you why APC failed. Buhari belongs to APC.
“Asiwaju Bola Tinubu and his group belong to the Action Congress of Nigeria. Rochas Okorocha belongs to All Progressives Grand Alliance. Dr Ogbonaya Onu belongs to All Nigeria Peoples Party.
“So, you will discover that five political parties are operating independently. The other parties have been subjected to nothing. Only Congress for Progressive Change has been benefiting in sectional appointment and development, so to say.
“You can see now that Buhari is trying to mend fences with Tinubu. So, If I am to rate APC performance in Nigeria they won’t get more than 5 per cent.
“When Buhari went to present 2018 Budget there were protests by the senators and members of House of Representatives and it took Saraki and Dogara some time to appease them.
“How could you have a budget for three years and you could not implement 20 per cent of the budget? Where is that done?
“In terms of healthcare delivery, they have performed woefully. If Buhari has headache, ear pain or nose, he would run to London. So, they have failed the country woefully.
“Everybody in this country today is hungry. There is hunger on the streets and there is anger on the faces of the people because APC has failed totally.”
The LP chairman said the opposition party would not zone its governorship slot in Ogun State, but assured of the party’s readiness to take over from Governor Ibikunle Amosun in 2019.
He said, “We don’t support zoning here. That is what is killing the so-called big political parties. Anybody who comes and is acceptable to all of you and you elect him in the primaries, so be it.”
While dismissing crisis in LP, Abdulsalam said: “I remain the authentic national chairman.”
About Article Author
Latest Nigeria News
- Ooni commissions projects to promote culture
- Woman Disgraced After Allegedly Trying To Kidnap A Baby
- Soldiers Rescue Boy Who Was Locked Up With Charm
- The 10 best Premier League signings of 2018/19 so far, including Arsenal, Chelsea, Liverpool, and Everton stars
- I am always ready to represent Nigeria –Kenneth Omeruo
- Germany relegated from Nations League tier
- Pogba chills with Messi; Barca rumours fuel
- Homosexuality most difficult subject to talk in football
- Buhari, Atiku congratulate Super Eagles on 2019 AFCON qualification
- Messi, Ronaldo, Salah & the top 20 scorers of 2018
- Chevron fc is fully ready for Eze United- Godtime Emiko
- Atiku begins campaign
- FG approves N60bn for rice
- Oshiomhole Escapes Moves To Sack Him
- Atiku Begins 2019 Campaign, Launches ‘People’s Policy'
- Top Leader Of Terrorists Who Abducted Leah Sharibu Killed
- Ganduje Bribe Videos: Fayose Slams Buhari, EFCC
- APC Wins Kwara Bye-election
- Osinbajo, NEMA DG To Face Probe Over IDPs N33Billion
- Ooni Of Ife: "In The Palace I Was Never Single"
- Rivers APC Guber Candidate Escapes Assassination
- Confusion As Vehicle Disappears From Police Station
- Policeman Leads Gang To Rob Delta Firm Of N30m In Lagos
- PRAYER FOR TODAY
- Man Collapses In Lagos After Losing His Cash Due To Bank's Alleged 'Negligence' (Photo)
- Saraki Reacts To Viral Audio On Helping Buhari In 2015 With His Money
- Delta big boy 'Solo Pounds' nabbed for Yahoo, Armed Robbery in Ghana (Photos)
- Buhari: I've asked EFCC to account for every money recovered
- See How Woman Overpowered Thief Trying To Rob Her
- "My Wife's Money Demands Turned Me To Criminal" - Suspect Arrested In Lagos
- Popular Millionaire "Kills" Single Mother During S*x
- Buhari appoints fresh blood in CBN
- Buhari appoints new heads agencies, parastatals
- PRAYER FOR TODAY
- Ladies Stop Turning Us Down, We Earn More Than Many Men Wearing Suit - Keke Driver
- Suspected Lagos Yahoo-Boy Arraigned, Remanded In Prison
- CAN meets Buhari, says APC turning hiding place for corrupt politicians
- Dollar Bribe: Oshiomhole Cries Out Over Moves To Nail Him
- How S*x Outside Marriage Is Exposing People To Demons
- Buhari Reacts: Igbo leaders’ endorsement of Atiku can't stand