Samuel Awoyinfa, Abeokuta
The National Chairman of Labour Party, Alhaji Abdulkadir Abdulsalam, says the All Progressives Congress’ government led by President Muhammadu Buhari has “failed woefully” in its over two years in office.
Abdulsalam who spoke at a press conference on Friday in Abeokuta, Ogun State capital, also accused Buhari of “sectional appointment and development.”
The LP chairman also said there was an all-pervading hunger in the land with anger written on faces of Nigerians.
Abdulsalam equally carpeted the APC-led administration on the recently inaugurated committee on new minimum wage.
He argued that with salary arrears running into over six months hanging on the neck of some governors, salary increment might not be feasible.
He said, “APC has failed woefully. Let me tell you why APC failed. Buhari belongs to APC.
“Asiwaju Bola Tinubu and his group belong to the Action Congress of Nigeria. Rochas Okorocha belongs to All Progressives Grand Alliance. Dr Ogbonaya Onu belongs to All Nigeria Peoples Party.
“So, you will discover that five political parties are operating independently. The other parties have been subjected to nothing. Only Congress for Progressive Change has been benefiting in sectional appointment and development, so to say.
“You can see now that Buhari is trying to mend fences with Tinubu. So, If I am to rate APC performance in Nigeria they won’t get more than 5 per cent.
“When Buhari went to present 2018 Budget there were protests by the senators and members of House of Representatives and it took Saraki and Dogara some time to appease them.
“How could you have a budget for three years and you could not implement 20 per cent of the budget? Where is that done?
“In terms of healthcare delivery, they have performed woefully. If Buhari has headache, ear pain or nose, he would run to London. So, they have failed the country woefully.
“Everybody in this country today is hungry. There is hunger on the streets and there is anger on the faces of the people because APC has failed totally.”
The LP chairman said the opposition party would not zone its governorship slot in Ogun State, but assured of the party’s readiness to take over from Governor Ibikunle Amosun in 2019.
He said, “We don’t support zoning here. That is what is killing the so-called big political parties. Anybody who comes and is acceptable to all of you and you elect him in the primaries, so be it.”
While dismissing crisis in LP, Abdulsalam said: “I remain the authentic national chairman.”
About Article Author
Latest Nigeria News
- See The Plane Biafra Leader Ojukwu Used In Fleeing From Nigeria During Civil War (Photos)
- Don't Expose Your Marriage to Your Mother if She Doesn't Respect The Word of God
- Lagos Big Boy, Mark Osigwe, Shot Dead By Assassins (Photos)
- We’ll Humiliate Saraki Out Of Office - APC Senator | He Replies
- Woman Shot Dead By NDLEA During Raid In Lagos
- EFCC Goes After Saraki, Gov. Ahmed Over N7Billion Bond
- APC Already Looking For A New Senate President?
- PRAYER FOR TODAY
- How To Get Your Glow Back After Having A Baby
- Housemaid Kills Her Madam By Smashing Her Head With Stone
- Saraki Arrives Akwa Ibom In Style, Received By Crowd (Photos)
- Businessman Killed By Cultists 'On Revenge Mission' In Delta
- Saraki’s 2019 Presidential Ambition Alters Calculations In PDP
- Two Dead, 20 Trapped As Building Collapsed In Abuja
- 2019: The Big Battle For PDP Presidential Ticket Hots Up
- Demolition of my N800m music house political –Yinka Ayefele
- Nigeria’s democracy under threat, says Moghalu
- CBN floods economy with lower Naira denominations
- Saraki declares for 2019
- Israeli PM in corruption scandal
- Lagos State Govt denies privatising water supply
- Sales of pre-registered SIM cards boom despite fines
- I promise better welfare ahead of NWPL resumption –Hon. Odunlade
- Falconets eliminated from World Cup
- FIFA rejects Dalung’s ministerial visit offer
- Dollar depreciates against Naira at parallel market
- INEC Releases 2019 General Elections Notice In Lagos
- I'm An Experienced Job Creator - Atiku
- GEJ To Nigerians: Don't Despair In The Face Of Persecution
- PHOTOS: Bayelsa International Airport Almost Ready
- Corporate Keke Driver Customizes His Keke With Cups Of Sweets For Passengers
- US-based Nigerian Man Stabbed To Death By His Lover's Ex
- Nigeria Police To Be Decentralized
- Man Sentenced To Death For Killing Pregnant Wife Over N1000
- Young Robbers Terrorizing Delta Nabbed By Security Operatives
- Photo Of Saraki and His Beautiful Daughters
- Meet Nigeria's Strongest Man As He Shares Secret Of His Success
- Lady Makes Shocking Revelations: My abductors butchered people for rituals
- Many Sleeping At INEC Office In Lagos Just To Get PVC
- Ayefele fans, workers protest planned demolition of radio station