Samuel Awoyinfa, Abeokuta
The National Chairman of Labour Party, Alhaji Abdulkadir Abdulsalam, says the All Progressives Congress’ government led by President Muhammadu Buhari has “failed woefully” in its over two years in office.
Abdulsalam who spoke at a press conference on Friday in Abeokuta, Ogun State capital, also accused Buhari of “sectional appointment and development.”
The LP chairman also said there was an all-pervading hunger in the land with anger written on faces of Nigerians.
Abdulsalam equally carpeted the APC-led administration on the recently inaugurated committee on new minimum wage.
He argued that with salary arrears running into over six months hanging on the neck of some governors, salary increment might not be feasible.
He said, “APC has failed woefully. Let me tell you why APC failed. Buhari belongs to APC.
“Asiwaju Bola Tinubu and his group belong to the Action Congress of Nigeria. Rochas Okorocha belongs to All Progressives Grand Alliance. Dr Ogbonaya Onu belongs to All Nigeria Peoples Party.
“So, you will discover that five political parties are operating independently. The other parties have been subjected to nothing. Only Congress for Progressive Change has been benefiting in sectional appointment and development, so to say.
“You can see now that Buhari is trying to mend fences with Tinubu. So, If I am to rate APC performance in Nigeria they won’t get more than 5 per cent.
“When Buhari went to present 2018 Budget there were protests by the senators and members of House of Representatives and it took Saraki and Dogara some time to appease them.
“How could you have a budget for three years and you could not implement 20 per cent of the budget? Where is that done?
“In terms of healthcare delivery, they have performed woefully. If Buhari has headache, ear pain or nose, he would run to London. So, they have failed the country woefully.
“Everybody in this country today is hungry. There is hunger on the streets and there is anger on the faces of the people because APC has failed totally.”
The LP chairman said the opposition party would not zone its governorship slot in Ogun State, but assured of the party’s readiness to take over from Governor Ibikunle Amosun in 2019.
He said, “We don’t support zoning here. That is what is killing the so-called big political parties. Anybody who comes and is acceptable to all of you and you elect him in the primaries, so be it.”
While dismissing crisis in LP, Abdulsalam said: “I remain the authentic national chairman.”
About Article Author
Latest Nigeria News
- Obasanjo identifies 4 ways to prevent insecurity
- CBN calls on bankers to address challenges of fintech
- LASU VC reaffirms fairness, transparency, accountability to stakeholders
- Nigerian Govt inaugurates new website to bring governance closer to citizens
- Lagos hits N34bn monthly IGR – Ashade
- I regret supporting Saraki for Senate President – Ndume
- Northern youths urge Buhari, Atiku not to contest in 2019
- After 30 days in medical custody, Melaye healthy enough to lambast Aso Rock
- Ohaneze’s latest declaration will scare many politicians
- 15 Nigerian agencies failed to remit N8.1 trillion under Jonathan
- PRAYER FOR TODAY
- ‘Entrepreneurship Key To Poverty Alleviation’
- I Made First Class Despite Distractions - UNILAG’s valedictorian
- Female Suicide Bomber Captured Alive As Good Men Stop Her From Killing People
- I Sell My Guns To Anyone That Needs Them - Suspect opens up
- APC Moves To Stop Saraki, Dogara, Others From Leaving Party
- Presidency raises alarm: Rich & corrupt ganging up against Buhari
- Suspected Fulani Herdsmen Kill 6 Teachers In Benue
- 'APC Government Planning To Assassinate Me' - Gov. Wike
- Fashola To Lagos Govt.: Provide Land For Housing
- Young Cultists Raining Havoc In Nigerian Schools (DETAILS)
- I Will Die! Woman tears her dress after herdsman destroys cassava farm she took loan to cultivate
- God Is All You Need
- Man Kills Girlfriend For Money Ritual, Stuffs Her Body Inside Bucket In Lagos
- Garba Shehu attacks lawmakers, civil servants, security agencies, PDP heckling Buhari govt.
- Replicate seamless political transition in Lagos nationwide, Ekwunife tells APC
- Beautiful Lady Celebrates After Graduating As A Private Pilot
- Policemen Disgrace Civil Defence Officer, Bundle Him Into Van
- Prince Harry and Meghan Markle wed in style
- More Confusion In APC As Party's State Congresses Get Ugly
- Top Four Affordable Phones Anyone Can Buy
- Air Force launches rocket attacks against Boko Haram, kills many
- Saraki, Dogara, Kwankwaso, Others Get Secret Deal From PDP?
- 21 Ex-governors, deputies still earning double salaries as Senators, Ministers
- Kaduna LG Poll: APC Wins 14; PDP 4 chairs
- Police parades three fake currency dealer suspects
- Ogun Assembly passes resolution to establish dump sites across LGAs
- There ‘ll be religious war in Nigeria if.. – CAN
- We ‘ll continue to resist anti-grazing law – Herdsmen
- How To Help Build Your Marriage Even If Your Spouse Is Difficult