Wind of Happiness Blows All Over The Land As Imo House Of Assembly Endorses Okorocha’s Son-In-Law As Next Governor, He Is Currently The Chief of Staff In The Government House
Crisis brewing in the Imo State House of assembly may have escalated following the Assembly’s endorsement of Governor Rochas Okorocha’s son-in-law, Uche Nwosu, as a governorship aspirant in 2019.
Nwosu is currently the Chief of Staff in the Government House.
The House Committee Chairman on Petroleum, Imo State Oil Producing Areas Development Commission and Niger Delta Development Commission, Henry Ezediaro, said Nwosu was the most qualified to take over from his father-in-law, Okorocha.
Ezediaro, who spoke at a press conference in Owerri, the state capital, on Saturday, said the decision to endorse Nwosu was reached after the majority of the state’s lawmakers declared him the best to run for the position.
He said, “After meeting with the members of the House of Assembly, we, irrespective of party affiliations, have endorsed Ugwumba Uche Nwosu. We urge him to contest the poll. If he does, we will support him to be the governor in 2019.
“On behalf of the lawmakers, we want to use this medium to appeal to the governor and thank him for his free education policy in the state, but without Uche Nwosu, the policy may die and that is why we want him to continue from where he will stop.”
The lawmaker denied there is a crisis in the House.
“The house is not in a crisis, we just disagreed on some issues,” Ezediaro added.
About Article Author
Latest Nigeria News
- Garba Shehu attacks lawmakers, civil servants, security agencies, PDP heckling Buhari govt.
- Replicate seamless political transition in Lagos nationwide, Ekwunife tells APC
- Beautiful Lady Celebrates After Graduating As A Private Pilot
- Policemen Disgrace Civil Defence Officer, Bundle Him Into Van
- Prince Harry and Meghan Markle wed in style
- More Confusion In APC As Party's State Congresses Get Ugly
- Top Four Affordable Phones Anyone Can Buy
- Air Force launches rocket attacks against Boko Haram, kills many
- Saraki, Dogara, Kwankwaso, Others Get Secret Deal From PDP?
- 21 Ex-governors, deputies still earning double salaries as Senators, Ministers
- Kaduna LG Poll: APC Wins 14; PDP 4 chairs
- Police parades three fake currency dealer suspects
- Ogun Assembly passes resolution to establish dump sites across LGAs
- There ‘ll be religious war in Nigeria if.. – CAN
- We ‘ll continue to resist anti-grazing law – Herdsmen
- How To Help Build Your Marriage Even If Your Spouse Is Difficult
- Woman in custody fight carries 7-yr-old son, jumps from top of 25-story building
- Dogs named Harry, Maeghan have own royal wedding too
- Yahoo Boys’ New Tactics of Evading Arrest
- Woman lures boy to abduct little girl during church service
- Falana, Others React to Saraki's Face Off with Police Headquarters over "Killer Squad"
- Court strips indebted Sen. Oduah of all assets, funds in 14 businesses across Lagos, Abuja
- Self-Defence Call: What CSOs, NHRC, military officers, others write in panel report on Danjuma allegation
- Nigeria appointed chair of Anti-Corruption Agencies in Commonwealth Africa
- Imo: Okorocha reveals why Oyegun takes side with ememies to rock APC
- Murder Suspects In Police Headquarters Have Implicated Saraki?
- TRAGEDY! Plane carrying 105 passengers crashes after take off
- Is Billionaire Otedola Running For Governor In Lagos?
- Okorocha Raises Alarm Over APC Chairman Oyegun
- Governor Plunges Into River While Taking Selfie On New Bridge
- Plane crash claims over 100 lives
- Important Things To Look For When Booking A Hotel Room
- Army dismisses Gen TY Danjuma’s claims on Herdsmen killings
- Multi-Billion Naira Debt: Govt. Takes Over Stella Oduah’s Assets
- "Only Formidable Opposition Will Defeat Buhari In 2019"
- PRAYER FOR TODAY
- Over 120 Nigerians kidnapped in six days
- Imo: APC jubilates as Aso Rock, Catholic Church abandon Okorocha
- Jack Wilshere reacts to World Cup squad omission
- Russia to ‘punish’ fans over racist Pogba, Dembele chants