Fans of bubbly actress, Halima Abubakar, were deeply worried when pictures of her looking emaciated with her head shaved clean surfaced on the Internet earlier in the year. The pictures were accompanied with dire rumours, with some saying Abubakar was battling with cancer. However, the actress later confirmed to Sunday Scoop that she was only suffering from complications of a fibroid removal surgery she had earlier.
Thankfully, it seems the worst of the storm is over for Halima and she is back to her bubbly self. In an exclusive chat with Sunday Scoop, she stated that she had resumed work. “I am back on set fully. As a matter of fact, I am currently in Accra where I went to work with Pascal Amanfo. I was on set with Mercy Johnson and some other actors,” she said.
Speaking on what her experience on the sickbed taught her, the Kogi State-born actress said, “I learnt that I am loved and supported. I was overwhelmed by the outpour of love and encouragement from friends, family and fans. It really made me feel appreciated. I am grateful to everybody who showed me love and I want them to know that I love them too.”
Advising fellow entertainers to prioritise their health, she said, “All I have to say is, take care of yourself. Don’t joke with anything or take things for granted, even if it’s a headache or cold. Treat it immediately.”
All rights reserved. This material, and other digital content on this website, may not be reproduced, published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from PUNCH.
Contact: [email protected]
About Article Author
Latest Nigeria News
- Garba Shehu attacks lawmakers, civil servants, security agencies, PDP heckling Buhari govt.
- Replicate seamless political transition in Lagos nationwide, Ekwunife tells APC
- Beautiful Lady Celebrates After Graduating As A Private Pilot
- Policemen Disgrace Civil Defence Officer, Bundle Him Into Van
- Prince Harry and Meghan Markle wed in style
- More Confusion In APC As Party's State Congresses Get Ugly
- Top Four Affordable Phones Anyone Can Buy
- Air Force launches rocket attacks against Boko Haram, kills many
- Saraki, Dogara, Kwankwaso, Others Get Secret Deal From PDP?
- 21 Ex-governors, deputies still earning double salaries as Senators, Ministers
- Kaduna LG Poll: APC Wins 14; PDP 4 chairs
- Police parades three fake currency dealer suspects
- Ogun Assembly passes resolution to establish dump sites across LGAs
- There ‘ll be religious war in Nigeria if.. – CAN
- We ‘ll continue to resist anti-grazing law – Herdsmen
- How To Help Build Your Marriage Even If Your Spouse Is Difficult
- Woman in custody fight carries 7-yr-old son, jumps from top of 25-story building
- Dogs named Harry, Maeghan have own royal wedding too
- Yahoo Boys’ New Tactics of Evading Arrest
- Woman lures boy to abduct little girl during church service
- Falana, Others React to Saraki's Face Off with Police Headquarters over "Killer Squad"
- Court strips indebted Sen. Oduah of all assets, funds in 14 businesses across Lagos, Abuja
- Self-Defence Call: What CSOs, NHRC, military officers, others write in panel report on Danjuma allegation
- Nigeria appointed chair of Anti-Corruption Agencies in Commonwealth Africa
- Imo: Okorocha reveals why Oyegun takes side with ememies to rock APC
- Murder Suspects In Police Headquarters Have Implicated Saraki?
- TRAGEDY! Plane carrying 105 passengers crashes after take off
- Is Billionaire Otedola Running For Governor In Lagos?
- Okorocha Raises Alarm Over APC Chairman Oyegun
- Governor Plunges Into River While Taking Selfie On New Bridge
- Plane crash claims over 100 lives
- Important Things To Look For When Booking A Hotel Room
- Army dismisses Gen TY Danjuma’s claims on Herdsmen killings
- Multi-Billion Naira Debt: Govt. Takes Over Stella Oduah’s Assets
- "Only Formidable Opposition Will Defeat Buhari In 2019"
- PRAYER FOR TODAY
- Over 120 Nigerians kidnapped in six days
- Imo: APC jubilates as Aso Rock, Catholic Church abandon Okorocha
- Jack Wilshere reacts to World Cup squad omission
- Russia to ‘punish’ fans over racist Pogba, Dembele chants