Olaleye Aluko, Abuja
The Joint Admissions and Matriculation Board has begun registration for the 2018 Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examination in over 700 centres across the 36 states of the federation.
The board advised candidates to avoid being conned by fraudulent operators, noting that an extension would not be given for the UTME registration.
The JAMB’s spokesman, Fabian Benjamin, stated this on Thursday in a statement, adding that the deadline for the optional mock examination was December 30, 2017.
The JAMB Registrar, Prof. Is-haq Oloyede, had said in November that the 2018 UTME would hold from March 9 to March 17 in about 620 Computer-Based Test centres nationwide.
Oloyede had said the application fee remained N5,000.
The board’s spokesman said on Thursday that candidates were advised to register within the time frame as there would not be an extension.
He said, “We will also want to state clearly that the board does not post candidates to any examination town other than the one chosen by the candidate at the point of registration. Candidates are, however, advised to register on time before the available spaces in their town of choice are exhausted.
“The registration exercise started on Wednesday, December 6. The system is simple and convenient, and candidates are requested to do it by themselves to avoid being defrauded by anybody.
“Candidates who desire to register for the optional mock are also urged to do so as the platform will be withdrawn by December 30. Only those who have registered and indicated their interest on or before that time will be enlisted to participate.
All rights reserved. This material, and other digital content on this website, may not be reproduced, published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from PUNCH.
Contact: [email protected]
About Article Author
Latest Nigeria News
- Kirikiri prisoners enroll for PhD
- How 5 thugs beat 250 NASS guards to steal mace
- FG to criminalise abuse of local content policy
- When will our words match our actions
- Respect local content act on your Egina FPSO, IYC warns Total
- Retired SARS Boss Shoots Self Dead In His House
- S*x-For-Mark: OAU Lecturer Gets Indefinite Suspension
- Falana Reacts To Senator Omo-Agege Saga: "No Legislative House Can Suspend Member"
- Buhari’s nominee remanded in prison for alleged N182m fraud
- I'm Happy, My Twins Are Okay; says Otun Olubadan
- APC In Fresh Crisis Over Tenure Extension
- PRAYER FOR TODAY
- See The Things To Consider Before Mounting Your Flat screen TV
- How Thugs Invaded Senate, Took Away Mace (DETAILS)
- Here's Senate Official Reaction To The Invasion & Stealing Of Mace
- I Can't Be Arrested, I Did Not Remove The Mace - Senator Omo-Agege
- Accident In Lagos As Truck Falls Off Berger Bridge, Lands On Two Cars
- Nigerian youth will find most uncomplimentary what Buhari says about them at Commonwealth Business Forum
- 55 Nigerians ‘stole N1, 354tr between 2006 and 2013’ — SERAP
- INEC reveals 7.9m PVCs yet to be collected
- FG orders probe of National Assembly invasion
- El Clasico transfer swap deal
- Mace Theft: Why Omo-Agege gets police VIP treatment instead of arrest
- Update on stolen Mace: Police arrest Omo-Agege over stolen Mace
- Atiku will shock Buhari in 2019, says associate
- 2019: Akiolu gives Buhari condition for Lagos votes
- Keyamo explains acceptance of Buhari’s appointment as Director of Strategic Communications
- Presidential race 2019: Dark cloud against Buhari thickens
- Deploy infrastructure in one year or lose licence , NCC threatens Infracos
- Tension in Senate as thugs following pro-Buhari senator snatch, run off with mace
- NASS orders IGP, Daura to bring back mace in 24hrs
- Lucky Boy Undergoes Surgery To Correct His Windswept Legs
- What To Do When You Are Afraid Of The Future
- Falae Visits Obasanjo, says Buhari has failed, we must come together to defeat failure
- Lagos Businesswoman, Maid, Houseboy Killed By Fire In Her House
- Lagos Court Sentenced Visa Applicant To 3 Years In Jail For Lying About Marital Status
- Boko Haram: No Amnesty For Mass Murderers
- Lecturer Suspended Over Female Student's S*x-For-Mark Allegation
- Are Nigerians Truly ‘Clamouring' For Buhari To Contest In 2019?
- Kidnappers Who Disguised As Women In Hijab Arrested By Police