Olaleye Aluko, Abuja
The Joint Admissions and Matriculation Board has begun registration for the 2018 Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examination in over 700 centres across the 36 states of the federation.
The board advised candidates to avoid being conned by fraudulent operators, noting that an extension would not be given for the UTME registration.
The JAMB’s spokesman, Fabian Benjamin, stated this on Thursday in a statement, adding that the deadline for the optional mock examination was December 30, 2017.
The JAMB Registrar, Prof. Is-haq Oloyede, had said in November that the 2018 UTME would hold from March 9 to March 17 in about 620 Computer-Based Test centres nationwide.
Oloyede had said the application fee remained N5,000.
The board’s spokesman said on Thursday that candidates were advised to register within the time frame as there would not be an extension.
He said, “We will also want to state clearly that the board does not post candidates to any examination town other than the one chosen by the candidate at the point of registration. Candidates are, however, advised to register on time before the available spaces in their town of choice are exhausted.
“The registration exercise started on Wednesday, December 6. The system is simple and convenient, and candidates are requested to do it by themselves to avoid being defrauded by anybody.
“Candidates who desire to register for the optional mock are also urged to do so as the platform will be withdrawn by December 30. Only those who have registered and indicated their interest on or before that time will be enlisted to participate.
All rights reserved. This material, and other digital content on this website, may not be reproduced, published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from PUNCH.
Contact: [email protected]
About Article Author
Latest Nigeria News
- $2.1m fraud: EFCC drags former NHIS boss, others to court
- Philip Consulting appoints new helmsman
- Buhari replies critics, inaugurate committee on AFCTA
- Ex-banker impersonates UBA customer, withdraws N8.7m
- 2019: Northern Group Dumps Atiku, Shifts Support To Buhari
- Gov Amosun Angry; Attacks Tinunu, Others For Ganging Up To Rubbish Him
- ‘I Only Used My Fingers’ – Man Arrested for R*ping Girl in Delta
- Osinbajo Opens Up: I Witness Grand Corruption In Government
- How Businesswoman Died In Police Custody In Lagos
- Ambode Won't Be Impeached For Now – Lagos Speaker
- Nigerian Workers Should Be Clapping For Us – Chris Ngige
- Buhari Gets Strong Reply? US Says Abusing Rule of Law Worse Than Corruption
- Offa Robbery: "Police Hiding Something" – Kwara Govt.
- Oshiomhole Talks Tough As Moves To Remove Him Begins
- OMG! Prophet Arrested For Planning To Kidnap His Church Member For Money
- CBN Revokes Licences Of Nine Micro-Finance Banks
- Suspended NHIS Boss: We're Not Aware Our Men Followed Him To Office – Police
- SCARY! Woman's Eyes Removed By Ritualists While Alive
- PRAYER FOR TODAY
- Alaafin of Oyo's 3rd Wife Gives Birth to Twins, Making Third Set of Twins for The King
- FWC FC settle for draw with Democratic FC after controversial red card
- I Know Messi is the Best in the World–Maradona
- Rape allegation: Juventus forward says lawyers confident
- I am delighted to join Plateau United— Maikaba
- Fayose Shocks EFCC With 'Stomach Infrastructure'; Buys Food For 150 People In Their Office
- Boyfriend suspected of killing Model in Mom's house arraigned
- Pretty Nigerian Comedienne Graduates As Nurse In US... shares her failure & success story
- Notorious Lagos Robber Nabbed By Police During Operation
- Family Photo Of Actor Ali Nuhu, His Beautiful Wife and Kids
- Those Who Feel They Have Another Country Can Go - Buhari
- Check Out This Albino Husband & His "Extra" Black Wife
- Dangote and Otedola Step Out Abroad Looking Trendy
- Editor’s Summary: How soccer matches from this past weekend affects coming fixtures
- IG denies rejecting promotion of Police DIGs, AIGs
- We spent billions on 292 water projects in seven years – Minister admits in court
- 2019: How Oshiomhole’s reforms threaten APC unity
- Kaduna Crisis: Christians, Muslims must learn to live in peace – Tinubu
- 2019: Rev. Mbaka prophesies Buhari’s defeat
- IG approves posting of Assistant Inspector General of Police (AIGs)
- 2019: Oshiomhole, APC in fresh crisis