Beyond their beauty, Alex Belle and Isis Valentino of St Beauty draw inspiration from folk, soul, and hip-hop to make up their blissfully eclectic sound.
They always manage to switch on a girl power button with their anti-f*kboy anthems, and this is probs why they were featured on an episode of our fave show, Insecure.
A part of Janelle Monae's Wonderland collective, they broke out into the scene when their first single "Going Nowhere" featured on Wonderland Presents: The Euphus alongside Janelle Monae's "Yoga" and Jidenna's "Classic Man".
The best thing about their music and their style is that it is quite visibly and authentically theirs. With their quirky and colourful outfits, they are really hard to miss and don't even get us started on how beauts they are! Their sound presents a unique blend of r&b, with dreamy vocals which deliver a richness that is unparalleled in today's market.
Speaking to People about the importance of being authentic, the duo said:
"If you don’t have answers for people, whatever empty holes you have, they’re going to try and fill them up themselves.
You need to know who you are, inside and out, because you don’t want people making decisions for you that are going to mess you up in the future"
In their songs "Going Nowhere", "Borders" and the newest single "Caught", they give you the confidence boost you need to ditch that summer fling you're hanging on to, and we love it!
Watch the super fun, psychedelic video for their latest single, "Caught" here:[embedded content]
About Article Author
Latest Nigeria News
- Buhari Writes Senate, Asks For N164bn For 2019 Election
- Senate confirms Musiliu Smith as chairman of PSC
- Osun Guber: APC to adopt direct primary to pick candidate
- Twitter goes on fire as Nigerians react to DStv tarrif hike
- Why Nigeria has remained backward – Donald Duke
- Gas explosion kills 3 children in Jigawa
- ALTON frowns at sealing of 9mobile’s premises
- NBC mulls sanctions for broadcast stations over N4.2bn debt
- Nigeria set to unveil new national carrier in London
- Finance Minister asked to renounce allegations of NYSC Certification Fraud or Resign
- Orji Kalu re-arraigns for fraud
- FFK Reacts To Ekiti Election: "Weep Not For Fayose"
- Gunmen Kill Couple 'Over Land Dispute' In Anambra
- Father burns 8-year-old daughter’s hands because she steals
- Nigerian community hosts Flying Eagles delegation in Mauritania
- Heartland Fc concludes invitational tournament
- 62 teams jostle for Ogunjobi Cup
- Ekiti election: Tinubu praises Fayose, Olusola
- Oshiomhole reacts to Ortom’s exit
- NNPC Partners FRSC on action plan for haulage operators
- Man, 29, in sexual affairs with 11-yr-old, claims she charmed him
- NFF asks Shehu Dikko to step aside as LMC Chairman
- “How Ministers Knelt Before Abacha In Fear” - Donald Duke
- Commissioner Of Police Injured In The Head By Angry Nigerians, Rushed To Hospital
- How Deadly Flood Killed 44, Destroy 500 Houses In Katsina
- 4th Prince Kazeem Eletu Ramadan Football Competition Finals Holds Sunday
- Beautiful Lady Accused Of Snatching Friend's Husband Dies
- Final Year Student Falls Inside Well, Dies During Chase By SARS
- This Lady Survived Cancer Against All Odds (Photos)
- PRAYER FOR TODAY
- Mistakes To Avoid When Travelling Abroad
- Oshiomhole Reacts To Killings, Gov. Ortom's Exit From APC
- 'Killer' Of Ex-Deputy Governor's Daughter Remanded In Prison
- Fayose Replies Presidency: "Buhari Should Bury His Head In Shame"
- Female Student Deceived, R*ped By Alfa In Lagos
- Ekiti Election: INEC Dares PDP To Go To Court
- Presidency Says Buhari Has Done A Lot About Killings (Details)
- Gang Members Arrested For Robbing Women
- Policemen Extort N100,000 From Building Contractor, Threaten To Kill Him (Evidence)
- Ex-NSA Dasuki Perfects His Bail Conditions, To Regain Freedom