Beyond their beauty, Alex Belle and Isis Valentino of St Beauty draw inspiration from folk, soul, and hip-hop to make up their blissfully eclectic sound.
They always manage to switch on a girl power button with their anti-f*kboy anthems, and this is probs why they were featured on an episode of our fave show, Insecure.
A part of Janelle Monae's Wonderland collective, they broke out into the scene when their first single "Going Nowhere" featured on Wonderland Presents: The Euphus alongside Janelle Monae's "Yoga" and Jidenna's "Classic Man".
The best thing about their music and their style is that it is quite visibly and authentically theirs. With their quirky and colourful outfits, they are really hard to miss and don't even get us started on how beauts they are! Their sound presents a unique blend of r&b, with dreamy vocals which deliver a richness that is unparalleled in today's market.
Speaking to People about the importance of being authentic, the duo said:
"If you don’t have answers for people, whatever empty holes you have, they’re going to try and fill them up themselves.
You need to know who you are, inside and out, because you don’t want people making decisions for you that are going to mess you up in the future"
In their songs "Going Nowhere", "Borders" and the newest single "Caught", they give you the confidence boost you need to ditch that summer fling you're hanging on to, and we love it!
Watch the super fun, psychedelic video for their latest single, "Caught" here:[embedded content]
About Article Author
Latest Nigeria News
- NLO will use Division 3 Playoff to correct past errors – Ogunnowo
- NBBF to refresh referees
- What Ighalo decided before Libya match
- Juve kicked me out to sign CR7— Higuain
- Wembley Stadium up for grabs
- This, among others can cause bed-wetting in adults
- Lawmakers tackles Ambode over Cleaner Lagos Initiative
- Financial infractions: NHIS Board suspends Yusuf indefinitely
- Nigeria’s foreign reserves on steady decline
- Man Utd won’t win title with Lukaku
- Chelsea determined not to let Hazard join Real
- Akpabio tackles Saraki
- Police, robbers in gun battle, 2 dead
- Bride Who Looked Sad On Wedding Day, Goes On Honeymoon, Kisses Hubby Happily
- Senior Police Officers: 3 AIGs promoted to DIGs, 4 CPs to AIGs
- Drunk Nigerian Governor’s Son Crushes 6 Persons In Ghastly Motor Accident (Photos)
- IG of Police Can Be Jailed for Seizing Dino Melaye's Passport?
- 3 Story Building Collapses In Anambra, 11 Trapped (Photos)
- Skye Bank’s fall: The Inside story
- Can Atiku revives Nigeria’s struggling economy
- Missing General: Update On The Army's Actions
- Pretty Lady Goes Missing Just One Week To Her Wedding
- Ooni Of Ife Celebrates His 44th Birthday In Style (Photos)
- MUSON to host 22nd Music Festival
- Spain falls, Eagles Soar: Ighalo shares fate with Sterling
- Alexx Ekubo, IK Ogbonna collaborate with other celebs on a PVC awareness program
- Mafikizolo features Wizkid, Yemi Alade
- Chelsea vs Manchester United: What Sarri must know about Mourinho before match day
- Why 2 EPL players will never forgive Sergio Ramos
- What every woman must know about their bra
- Dining, managing your High Blood Pressure: drinks, foods to shun
- Proper treatment for mouth odour
- 7 ways of keeping a healthy erection
- ‘Cultist’ Threatens To ‘Kill’ Lagos DPO
- Court Stops APC From Sending Delta Cndidates’ List To INEC
- "My Brother Was Tortured By Lagos Police To Coma"
- See Properties EFCC Said They Traced To Fayose; to seek order for total forfeiture
- Lady Shares Her Robbery Experience In Lagos Traffic (Photos)
- "We Won't Accept It" - Labour reacts to "No Work, No Pay"
- Djinee recovers from serious auto crash