While none of his songs since "Mad Over You" have reached the heights of that monster hit, it's hard to deny that Runtown still has something special. Over the past few months, in particular, he has featured on a number of songs, elevating every single one of them.
One of such songs is DJ Neptune's underheard "Why", which just got a music video that should (hopefully) introduce the jam to a much wider audience.
DJ Neptune (Photo: DJ Neptune/Vevo)
Runtown (Photo: DJ Neptune/Vevo)
With the growing trend of Nigerian DJs branching out from merely spinning other people's tracks into creating bangers of their own — the most recent being DJ Cuppy and Tekno's "Greenlight" — "Why" is DJ Neptune's solid addition to the culture.
The lead single off his upcoming album, G.R.E.A.T.N.E.S.S, the Del B-produced track is a mid-tempo love song that finds Runtown at his most unabashedly enamored – even more so than on "Mad Over You" and "For Life".
The music video, which was shot in the UK by Tshisz Nelson, alternates between a lovesick Runtown spewing the song's mushy lyrics and a pretty random dance battle. The video is far from groundbreaking, but it's crisp enough to get the job done.
Watch the video below:[embedded content]
TV taught me how to feel.
About Article Author
Latest Nigeria News
- Fulani herdsmen attack Urohi community, machete man in farm
- Nigeria’s foreign reserves up 42% year to date
- Atiku Opens Chicken Cottages Fast-Food In Abuja (Photos)
- Top 10 Richest Nigerians In 2017... and their Net Worth
- People Attacking Nigerian Pastors Are Misguided - Samklef
- God Has Not Revealed Anything About Atiku for 2019 – Fr. Mbaka
- Ogun State To Start Mass Sale of Ofada Rice (Photo)
- See Pump Action Rifles Destined For Nigeria Hidden In Sound Systems
- Ex-Niger Delta Militant Becomes Police Pilot, Decorated With New Rank (Photos)
- NUC Releases New Ranking of Best Nigerian Universities (Full List)
- Buhari Is Leading Nigeria To The Promised Land - Uzor Kalu
- Saraki, Senate, Move to Tackle Drug and Substance Abuse Across the Nation
- PRAYER FOR TODAY
- Gov. Yari blasts Fayose
- What FG has done to make governors clear salaries owed workers
- South West Rugby League rounds off on Saturday
- Soldier sentenced to death for killing civilians
- Obasanjo breaks records in NOUN
- Nigeria Army makes 12-month biggest bust of Boko Haram new hideout
- Loveth Howell National Judo Championship kicks-off in Benin
- Obasanjo Becomes An Academic Doctor, As He Bags PhD
- Physically Challenged Lady Set To Wed Her Sweetheart (Pre-wedding Photos)
- High Speed Trains Arrive Nigeria From China (Photos)
- Ecowas Youth Council tackles Sierra-Leone’s president
- Imagine What A Woman Did To Her 15yrs Old Househelp
- 5 Reasons Android Devices Are Still Better Than iPhone
- Tallest and Shortest Corpers In NYSC Camp (Photos)
- Beautiful Nigerian Lady Dies From Gas Explosion Triggered By Phone Call
- Robbery: Lagos Police grill Burna Boy, to charge him to court
- Emir Sanusi's Son, Prince Aminu, Becomes A Police Officer
- TRAGIC | 18 die, 20 injured as truck overturns in fatal accident
- Ekweremadu calls for 6-year single tenure for president, governors
- What The New Oshodi & Airport Road In Lagos Would Look Like
- Raising A Family 'Of Different Minds'
- PRAYER FOR TODAY
- DPR swoops on filling stations
- What commanders plan to do to whistleblowers in the Army
- EFCC Quizzes David Mark Over Billions "Stolen" From National Assembly
- Neville: Lukaku was right not to celebrate against Bournemouth
- Guardiola wins manager of the month award for third consecutive month