Antonio Conte has been fined £8,000 ($10,700, 9,060 euros) by the Football Association following his dismissal for a furious touchline tirade in Chelsea’s win over Swansea.
Blues boss Conte was sent to the stands late in the first half of Chelsea’s 1- victory at Stamford Bridge on November 29.
The Italian, already frustrated by Swansea going unpunished for time-wasting, earned his marching orders for blasting fourth official Lee Mason following referee Neil Swarbrick’s failure to award Chelsea a clear corner.
Conte apologised after the match to Swarbrick and Mason, but that was not enough to prevent the FA charging him last week.
He accepted the charge and has now been hit with the fine.
“Chelsea manager Antonio Conte has been fined £8,000 after he admitted an FA misconduct charge and accepted the standard penalty,” an FA statement said.
“It follows his sending-off against Swansea City on 29 November.”
About Article Author
Latest Nigeria News
- Buhari, Tinubu in supremacy battle
- Nigeria is a middle-income country, Adeosun corrects IMF
- 'Yahoo Boy' Lands In EFCC Net Over Alleged $22,000 Fraud
- Evil Taking Over Good In Nigeria - Soyinka On State Of The Nation
- 30 people dead as gunmen invade Zamfara
- Ladies Trafficked From Nigerian Turned Into Slaves In Morocco, Saudi Arabia
- Nigerian Man Attempts Suicide After Being Sentenced To Death
- Confusion As Angry Patients Hold Doctor, Others 'Hostage' At Enugu Hospital
- PRAYER FOR TODAY
- Married Woman Brutalized By Hoodlums In Lagos Market
- EFCC Chairman Magu Promoted To Commissioner of Police
- Mace Theft Saga: Senators plot total shut-out of Omo-Agege
- N10bn contractors’ payment: Adeosun debunks illegal transactions
- Skill acquisition: Lagos trains 18,184 women, youths in three years
- Why You Should Stop Worrying About Making A Big Impact
- We Are Not Lazy, Nigerian Youths Reply President Buhari
- Femi Falana Raises Alarm Over N1.4Trillion As Subsidy Monthly
- SARS Men "Torture" Man With A Pregnant Wife To Death
- 'NEPA' Fights Back: There'll Be Chaos If We Don't Continue Estimated Billing
- Pregnant Teenager, Pastor, Two Others Killed By Rivers Cultists
- 5 Ways To Identify Quality Ankara
- PDP Replies Buhari: Nigerian Youths Are Not Lazy
- Update On Senate Invasion & Mace Theft Saga
- Notorious Gang Leader, 20 Others Arrested
- Fayose, Obanikoro, Omisore Lose Over N2.2B; court freezes Fayose's accounts again
- PRAYER FOR TODAY
- Lagos completes 450 roads in three years
- Kidnapping: Evans‘ll not escape justice – Lagos Govt
- Lagos Waste: CSNAC asks EFCC to investigate ownership, operation of Visionscape
- Senate Mace Kidnap: When Nigeria lost 109 Senators in one swift terrorist attack
- EFCC about to sabotage own $1.6 bn suit against Omokore, others
- Osinbajo eulogizes Nigerian youths for great strides
- Lagos signs MoU to collate data of persons living with disabilities
- Court remands Buhari’s nominee in prison for alleged N182m fraud
- Shun purchase of pre-registered SIMs to avoid scammers, NCC warns
- Sterling Bank deepens investment culture, launches new mobile app
- AMBON set for official unveiling
- Access Bank increases ATM withdrawal limit abroad
- Mixed reaction trails Police recovery of stolen mace
- PDP in emergency meeting, may change name today