The Boko Haram terrorists have continued to attack farmers at remote areas in Borno State with many people killed and others arrested.
Residents of Damboa town, Damboa local government area, Borno State, have decried incessant killing of farmers in their farmlands.
The residents say insurgents have killed 21 farmers in separate locations in the area in the last two weeks. These killings began last Thursday when the insurgents attacked and killed 17 farmers at Bula Buba and Tawarmada village, some five kilometres away from Damboa town.
It was gathered that the attacks took place at adjoining villages near Damboa and it was not reported due to lack of communication facilities.
Bukar Usamna, a farmer in Damboa town, said the farmers could no longer go to the their farms for fear of being attacked by insurgents.
“The world didn’t know what we are going through here. We left IDPs camp to come and start our lives but Boko Haram keep killing us. We buried 17 farmers on Saturday. We can’t go 10 kilometers away from Damboa without encountering insurgents,” Bukar said.
At Mirimari village on the fringes of Sambissa forest about four kilometres to Damboa on Saturday, insurgents killed farmers in their farmlands.
A local vigilante who participated in the search for the corpses of the farmers, complained of the attacks becoming too rampant in Damboa, urging the security agencies to save the souls of the residents.
He said, “On Sunday, one of the survivors came and told us about the attack. We swung into action but before we could get there, the damage had been done. We saw two corpses and in the nearby brushes we found two others. Although the troops are trying, more can be done because people need to farm now so that they can have some food reserve against dry season.”
Latest Nigeria News
- This, among others can cause bed-wetting in adults
- Lawmakers tackles Ambode over Cleaner Lagos Initiative
- Financial infractions: NHIS Board suspends Yusuf indefinitely
- Nigeria’s foreign reserves on steady decline
- Man Utd won’t win title with Lukaku
- Chelsea determined not to let Hazard join Real
- Akpabio tackles Saraki
- Police, robbers in gun battle, 2 dead
- Bride Who Looked Sad On Wedding Day, Goes On Honeymoon, Kisses Hubby Happily
- Senior Police Officers: 3 AIGs promoted to DIGs, 4 CPs to AIGs
- Drunk Nigerian Governor’s Son Crushes 6 Persons In Ghastly Motor Accident (Photos)
- IG of Police Can Be Jailed for Seizing Dino Melaye's Passport?
- 3 Story Building Collapses In Anambra, 11 Trapped (Photos)
- Skye Bank’s fall: The Inside story
- Can Atiku revives Nigeria’s struggling economy
- Missing General: Update On The Army's Actions
- Pretty Lady Goes Missing Just One Week To Her Wedding
- Ooni Of Ife Celebrates His 44th Birthday In Style (Photos)
- MUSON to host 22nd Music Festival
- Spain falls, Eagles Soar: Ighalo shares fate with Sterling
- Alexx Ekubo, IK Ogbonna collaborate with other celebs on a PVC awareness program
- Mafikizolo features Wizkid, Yemi Alade
- Chelsea vs Manchester United: What Sarri must know about Mourinho before match day
- Why 2 EPL players will never forgive Sergio Ramos
- What every woman must know about their bra
- Dining, managing your High Blood Pressure: drinks, foods to shun
- Proper treatment for mouth odour
- 7 ways of keeping a healthy erection
- ‘Cultist’ Threatens To ‘Kill’ Lagos DPO
- Court Stops APC From Sending Delta Cndidates’ List To INEC
- "My Brother Was Tortured By Lagos Police To Coma"
- See Properties EFCC Said They Traced To Fayose; to seek order for total forfeiture
- Lady Shares Her Robbery Experience In Lagos Traffic (Photos)
- "We Won't Accept It" - Labour reacts to "No Work, No Pay"
- Djinee recovers from serious auto crash
- Secret of Ighalo’s goal scoring form
- PRAYER FOR TODAY
- Atiku Commiserates With Abia Pipeline Explosion Victims, Donates N10million
- Assassination? Innoson Chairman Lawyer Shot 3 Times (Pics)
- Akpabio Warns Saraki: Resign Now Or We Force You Out