The Boko Haram terrorists have continued to attack farmers at remote areas in Borno State with many people killed and others arrested.
Residents of Damboa town, Damboa local government area, Borno State, have decried incessant killing of farmers in their farmlands.
The residents say insurgents have killed 21 farmers in separate locations in the area in the last two weeks. These killings began last Thursday when the insurgents attacked and killed 17 farmers at Bula Buba and Tawarmada village, some five kilometres away from Damboa town.
It was gathered that the attacks took place at adjoining villages near Damboa and it was not reported due to lack of communication facilities.
Bukar Usamna, a farmer in Damboa town, said the farmers could no longer go to the their farms for fear of being attacked by insurgents.
“The world didn’t know what we are going through here. We left IDPs camp to come and start our lives but Boko Haram keep killing us. We buried 17 farmers on Saturday. We can’t go 10 kilometers away from Damboa without encountering insurgents,” Bukar said.
At Mirimari village on the fringes of Sambissa forest about four kilometres to Damboa on Saturday, insurgents killed farmers in their farmlands.
A local vigilante who participated in the search for the corpses of the farmers, complained of the attacks becoming too rampant in Damboa, urging the security agencies to save the souls of the residents.
He said, “On Sunday, one of the survivors came and told us about the attack. We swung into action but before we could get there, the damage had been done. We saw two corpses and in the nearby brushes we found two others. Although the troops are trying, more can be done because people need to farm now so that they can have some food reserve against dry season.”
Latest Nigeria News
- How Heartless Okada Man Secretly Killed His Benefactor
- ASUU and FG To Meet Today To End Strike
- Drama As Man Caught Stealing Is Forced To Drink Alcohol
- PRAYER FOR TODAY
- APC guber candidate in certificate scandal
- Account for money spent on military operations, SERAP tells Buratai
- My rift with Tinubu is on democratic values, says Agbaje
- Boko Haram raids another community in Borno
- Atiku blasts Buhari over absence at burial of 19 soldiers in Borno
- Christmas, New Year, political Campaigns: IGP Orders CPs, AIGs to beef-up of security
- FRSC will not tolerate unethical behavior of officers – Dr. Oyeyemi
- Supersand Eagles hold firm to World Cup ticket as Senegal rule Africa
- Edo pushes for 2nd position as Tech Director, others laud team performance —Kehinde Osagiede
- Swimmer Osayi on Federation Radar as Edo Govt promises nurturing of athlete
- EPL: Mourinho told to sell four Man United players in January
- Marcelo: Madrid Miss ‘Best in the World’ CR7
- NSF: Igali thrilled with impressive outings by states
- Groups battle Buratai on Army’s spending
- NASS staff strike may affect 2019 budget
- NAFDAC highlights plan to regulate traditional herbs
- SDP presidential candidate legal crisis escalates as court sacks Duke
- Few Tips To Moving Forward With Your Passion & Purpose
- APC Candidate In Ogun, Dapo Abiodun, In Certificate Scandal
- Why Obasanjo Turned Against Buhari After Helping Him Emerge President - Oyinlola Reveals
- Atiku To Work On Jonathan's Confab Report If Elected In 2019
- Throw Back Photo Of Osinbajo, FRSC Boss Fowler & Ade
- Pastor Kidnapped In His Church Premises Regains Freedom
- Fayose, Gov Fayemi In War Of Words Over Attack On ex-Gov.
- Charlyboy Weds Wife In Church After 40 Years, Drive In Keke
- APC To Its NASS Members: Don't Allow Electoral Bill Override
- PRAYER FOR TODAY
- Beautiful Pics Of Nigeria Police Couple Getting Married Today
- Road Safety State Commander Dies In Road Accident (Photos)
- OAP Toolz & Husband Tunde Demuren Welcome Baby Boy
- Tinubu Hits Saraki? Says Robbers Deny Nigeria Vibrant Senate Presidency
- Five Die In Terrible Accidents In Lagos (Photos)
- Drunk FRSC Official Bashes Man's Car In Lagos (Photos)
- National Assembly Staff Begin Strike Monday, Threaten Buhari's Budget Presentation
- Man Kidnaps Ex-Boss For Accusing Him Of Stealing, Demands N1m Ransom
- 6-Week-Old Baby Miraculously Survives Ebola