The Boko Haram terrorists have continued to attack farmers at remote areas in Borno State with many people killed and others arrested.
Residents of Damboa town, Damboa local government area, Borno State, have decried incessant killing of farmers in their farmlands.
The residents say insurgents have killed 21 farmers in separate locations in the area in the last two weeks. These killings began last Thursday when the insurgents attacked and killed 17 farmers at Bula Buba and Tawarmada village, some five kilometres away from Damboa town.
It was gathered that the attacks took place at adjoining villages near Damboa and it was not reported due to lack of communication facilities.
Bukar Usamna, a farmer in Damboa town, said the farmers could no longer go to the their farms for fear of being attacked by insurgents.
“The world didn’t know what we are going through here. We left IDPs camp to come and start our lives but Boko Haram keep killing us. We buried 17 farmers on Saturday. We can’t go 10 kilometers away from Damboa without encountering insurgents,” Bukar said.
At Mirimari village on the fringes of Sambissa forest about four kilometres to Damboa on Saturday, insurgents killed farmers in their farmlands.
A local vigilante who participated in the search for the corpses of the farmers, complained of the attacks becoming too rampant in Damboa, urging the security agencies to save the souls of the residents.
He said, “On Sunday, one of the survivors came and told us about the attack. We swung into action but before we could get there, the damage had been done. We saw two corpses and in the nearby brushes we found two others. Although the troops are trying, more can be done because people need to farm now so that they can have some food reserve against dry season.”
Latest Nigeria News
- D’Tigers hold first training
- Football stakeholders warn Ifeanyi Ubah
- Nasarawa United set to resume as Dogo aims to end season
- Analysis and Rating: Nigeria Vs Iceland
- Coutinho, Neymar lead Brazil’s Late Show
- PDP slams FG over Abaribe’s arrest
- Buhari arrives venue of APC National Convention
- 2018 APC National Convention: Oshiomhole wins national chairman without votes
- Convention chairman suspends voting
- Photos From APC National Convention In Abuja
- Super Eagles goalkeeper Carl Ikeme surviving Blood Cancer (Pics)
- Angry Man Beats His Wife With Pestle To Death In Anambra
- "Any Actress/Actor Who Bought A House Should Say How They Made The Money, We Don't Make That Much"
- See The Guys Who Killed OOU Female Student & Her Boyfriend (Plus Shocking Confession)
- How To Stop 'Fighting' and Start Enjoying Your Marriage
- Counterfeiters latch on to Super Eagles stylish kit
- APC takes crises to convention
- Lawmakers playing Oliver Twist with 2018 budget – Presidency
- DSS Takes Over Detained Senator Enyinnaya Abaribe's House
- Soyinka hammers Obasanjo, CNM at interational press gathering
- Lady Flees With Man’s ATM After S*x In Lagos, Withdraws N1m
- Presidency Fires Back At Senate, Reps FOR Padding 2018 Budget "Recklessly"
- Delegates Involved In Accident On Their Way To APC Convention
- NCC expects release of new price for data
- Nigeria opposes boost in crude oil supply
- Nigeria uses N643.6bn to service domestic debt in Q1 2018
- NPA MD Charges Industry Stakeholders on Investment, as MV OSANYAMO is Commissioned
- Senators seek SON return to seaport
- How Osinbajo escaped death after visit to Customs College
- LCCI calls for review of import duty
- Customs inaugurates 20 anti-rice smuggling patrol vehicles
- NIMASA’s floating dock arrives Lagos waters
- Three docked for stealing 700 bags of maize
- PRAYER FOR TODAY
- Five Foods To Eat When You Are Constipated
- Poisonous Rice Depot Uncovered, Over 1000 Bags Confiscated
- Lagos Police Commissioner 'Paraded Innocent Man' As Cultist?
- APC Convention: Tough Contest For Some Key Offices Today
- Faces Of Men Who Killed NNPC Staff After Collecting Millions
- Military retires 320 soldiers