Ade Adesomoju, Abuja
Senator Enyinnaya Abaribe, who is one of the three sureties of the missing leader of the Indigenous People of Biafra, Nnamdi Kanu, has urged Justice Binta Nyako of the Federal High Court in Abuja to visit the IPOB leader’s home allegedly invaded by soldiers in Abia State in September.
Justice Nyako on Tuesday adjourned Kanu’s trial until February 20, 2018.
Abaribe, whose motion asking for the court’s order compelling the Chief of Army Staff, Lt.-Gen. Tukur Buratai, to produce Kanu, is still pending in court, filed his fresh motion on December 4, 2017.
The motion, filed by his counsel, Chukwuma-Machukwu Ume (SAN), urged the court to visit and make physical inspection of the incident of the invasion and occupation of Nnamdi Kanu’s residence, at Isiama, Afaraukwu Ibeku Umuahia Abia State, from September 11 to 14, 2017, and the alleged subsequent arrest and “taking away of Kanu by the Nigerian Army”.
As part of the grounds for the motion, Abaribe contended that Kanu was at his residence before and all through the period of September 11 to 14, 2017 at Isiama Afaraukwu Ibeku, when the house was allegedly invaded by soldiers.
His lawyer stated, “Applicant’s agent has been severally prevented by agents of the Nigerian Army (6th respondent) as well as other security agents from accessing the residence of Kanu at (Isiama Afaraukwu Ibeku) as to show the court the characters of the invasion and occupation of Kanu and the eventual arrest and taking away of Kanu by the staff and agents of the Army.
“The applicant is desirous of the court seeing and examining Kanu’s residence which has been stated as an evidence before the court.”
He added, “The application will help the court and indeed the applicant in the determination of his application before this court.
About Article Author
Latest Nigeria News
- Order Saraki, Melaye, others to refund ‘illegal N13.5m allowance with interest’ – SERAP tells court
- Nigeria, Saudi Arabia in faceoff over attempts to block pilgrims
- Boateng: We can only stop Ronaldo as a team
- New corps members’ allowance dependent on new minimum wage – DG
- NSE marks Earth Day, seals corporate recycling MoU with RecyclePoints limited
- NCC withdraws 41m Starcomms, Zoom mobile, others numbers
- NBC accuses Daar Communications of violation, stops FM radio
- Herdsmen turn on Catholic church in Benue, kill 27 worshipers in 4 days
- Saraki, Senate abandon Melaye
- Zenith Bank’s Q1 results indicate strong improvements
- Henderson: Salah will stay to break more Liverpool records
- NSE: Equities record marginal decline, trend to continue if….
- 419 Gang Who Dupe People With Fake Currency Nabbed In Lagos
- Living The Life Of A True Christian Who Can Make Heaven
- Save Lagos Group laments infrastructure decay in primary schools
- Nigeria gets $1.5m interest on returned Abacha loot
- Who Left Over N1Billion In An Account But Can't Claim It?
- Ex-President Bush Hospitalized Days After Wife’s Death
- Offa Robbery Update: Affected Bank Sacks 5 Staff
- Man Escapes Tragic Death As Car Is Crushed By Big Truck
- There's A Plot To Kill Me - Dino Melaye Cries Out
- Offa Attack: Five bank staffers sacked; top police officers linked
- Bishop Oyedepo berates Buhari: Your government is a failure, God is angry with you
- The “approved” $1 billion for arms purchase
- Wading into the Oba-Emir Debate
- Melaye alleges plot to assassinate him
- Obama Foundation introduces new programme for emerging leaders in Africa
- APC Chairmanship: Oshiomhole’s candidature suffers setback
- Lagos Policemen Chased My Son To Death - Father
- Dino Melaye: They snatched my passport, I snatched it back
- EFCC Arrests Ibori’s Man, Senator Nwaoboshi Over N6B "Fraud"
- Lagos Security Man Arrested For Impregnating His Daughter
- Melaye trapped, helpless as police speaks on reinforced siege
- Dino Melaye surrenders
- PRAYER FOR TODAY
- Check out The Characteristics of a Good and Decent Hotel
- Saraki, Tambuwal Won’t Decamp To PDP - Governor
- Nigerian Lawmaker Loses 4 Kids, 7 Relatives In Fatal Accident
- Armed Policemen Storm Dino Melaye's House... Police give reason
- Lawmaker’s Suspension: What The Law Says