Ade Adesomoju, Abuja
Senator Enyinnaya Abaribe, who is one of the three sureties of the missing leader of the Indigenous People of Biafra, Nnamdi Kanu, has urged Justice Binta Nyako of the Federal High Court in Abuja to visit the IPOB leader’s home allegedly invaded by soldiers in Abia State in September.
Justice Nyako on Tuesday adjourned Kanu’s trial until February 20, 2018.
Abaribe, whose motion asking for the court’s order compelling the Chief of Army Staff, Lt.-Gen. Tukur Buratai, to produce Kanu, is still pending in court, filed his fresh motion on December 4, 2017.
The motion, filed by his counsel, Chukwuma-Machukwu Ume (SAN), urged the court to visit and make physical inspection of the incident of the invasion and occupation of Nnamdi Kanu’s residence, at Isiama, Afaraukwu Ibeku Umuahia Abia State, from September 11 to 14, 2017, and the alleged subsequent arrest and “taking away of Kanu by the Nigerian Army”.
As part of the grounds for the motion, Abaribe contended that Kanu was at his residence before and all through the period of September 11 to 14, 2017 at Isiama Afaraukwu Ibeku, when the house was allegedly invaded by soldiers.
His lawyer stated, “Applicant’s agent has been severally prevented by agents of the Nigerian Army (6th respondent) as well as other security agents from accessing the residence of Kanu at (Isiama Afaraukwu Ibeku) as to show the court the characters of the invasion and occupation of Kanu and the eventual arrest and taking away of Kanu by the staff and agents of the Army.
“The applicant is desirous of the court seeing and examining Kanu’s residence which has been stated as an evidence before the court.”
He added, “The application will help the court and indeed the applicant in the determination of his application before this court.
About Article Author
Latest Nigeria News
- Inmates awaiting trial congest prisons
- Globacom, Teleology Holdings lead in acquisition of 9mobile
- Oando faults SEC over forensic audit
- APC federal lawmaker backs Fayose against Buhari, NGF
- ECWA exposes plot by FG, states to cripple Christianity in northern Nigeria
- Paris Club Refund: 9 states yet to benefit
- 90% of cooking gas cylinders are obsolete, says NLPGI
- FG begs PENGASSAN to shelve strike
- How Successes In Agric Is Diversifying Nigeria's Economy, by VP Osinbajo
- 4 Easy Ways to Improve Your Posture
- David Mark Denies Receiving, Sharing N2bn Campaign Fund
- Face of Lagos Lady, A Lawyer, Arrested For Assaulting Housemaid
- This Beautiful Nigerian Woman Is Missing
- SO SAD! Burial Poster of Daughter & Mother Who Died While Travelling To Prepare For Her Wedding
- Buhari Receives 75th Birthday Card from VP Osinbajo, APC Governors (Photos)
- Family Fight Dirty Over Late Female Bank Manager’s Wealth... abandon her corpse
- Robbers Attack NLC Chairman’s House, Abduct His Wife
- Why Many "Uneducated" People Are More Successful In Business
- PRAYER FOR TODAY
- Navy recovers 1330 jerry cans of PMS as oil thieves hideout raided
- Military retires 403 personnel
- How former Senate president came under probe
- Fulani herdsmen attack Urohi community, machete man in farm
- Nigeria’s foreign reserves up 42% year to date
- Atiku Opens Chicken Cottages Fast-Food In Abuja (Photos)
- Top 10 Richest Nigerians In 2017... and their Net Worth
- People Attacking Nigerian Pastors Are Misguided - Samklef
- God Has Not Revealed Anything About Atiku for 2019 – Fr. Mbaka
- Ogun State To Start Mass Sale of Ofada Rice (Photo)
- See Pump Action Rifles Destined For Nigeria Hidden In Sound Systems
- Ex-Niger Delta Militant Becomes Police Pilot, Decorated With New Rank (Photos)
- NUC Releases New Ranking of Best Nigerian Universities (Full List)
- Buhari Is Leading Nigeria To The Promised Land - Uzor Kalu
- Saraki, Senate, Move to Tackle Drug and Substance Abuse Across the Nation
- PRAYER FOR TODAY
- Gov. Yari blasts Fayose
- What FG has done to make governors clear salaries owed workers
- South West Rugby League rounds off on Saturday
- Soldier sentenced to death for killing civilians
- Obasanjo breaks records in NOUN