Collaborations are undoubtedly an integral part of our music industry. Whether it's for one artist to lift the other up or for multiple titans to join forces in producing a monster hit, the Afropop genre thrives off good collaborations, of which there are many.[embedded content]
Just last night Boj and Teni announced a collaborative banger coming up this month, and upon hearing the news we got a bit imaginative about which other collaborations we'd love to see from our favourite Nigerian musicians this year.
So, from obvious afropop pairings like Reekado Banks and Davido to more calculated couplings, such as Tiwa Savage and Niniola, here are 10 Nigerian music collaborations we hope to get before this year runs out.
Teni and Wizkid
Teni has soared to extreme heights in the past two years, cementing herself as one of the most exciting names on the afropop scene right now. With Wizkid going back to his original (and best) sound, a track with these two would be nothing short of incredible.
Tiwa Savage and Niniola
While Tiwa Savage has indeed collaborated with other female artists, it has never been on her terms — she has never looked to another woman to feature on a song of her own. We'd love it if she could fix that this year, and what better woman to rely on than the formidable Niniola?
Santi and Burna Boy
From "Freaky" to "Rapid Fire" it's clear that Santi knows exactly what he's doing when he brings other voices onto his tracks. He also always soars on features — see "Alte Cruise" and "Space" — so, we're in no doubt that a collaboration between him and 2018's brightest star, Burna Boy, will be straight fire.
Adekunle Gold and Asa
Even though Asa isn't much of a collaborative artist — she's only ever teamed up with Naeto C and Korede Bello — Adekunle Gold is a phenomenal act, well worth teaming up with. We believe these two would have amazing synergy on a track, so could the music gods do it for us, please?
Simi and Aramide
Simi and Aramide are both undeniably captivating singers and incredibly witty songwriters, so we think they would work really well on a song together. Their typical sounds are rather similar, so both singers would rest in their comfort zone and shine as they usually do.
Falana and Odunsi
From "Farabale", featuring Dami Oniru, to "hectic", featuring 234Jaydaa, Amarae and Solis, Odunsi is to female features as amala is to gbegiri and ewedu. Falana's voice is a rare treat in itself, so what a gift it would be to have her sweeten an Odunsi track in what we hope will be her comeback year.
Davido and Reekado Banks
It has come to a point that almost everything Davido touches becomes a monster hit, and Reekado Banks doesn't seem to be much different. A jam with these two is sure to be a chart-topper, and considering how much of an obvious pairing it is, we can't believe it hasn't happened already.
Mr Eazi and Rundown
It's almost impossible to believe that Mr Eazi and Runtown haven't already gotten together at some point, but whether they have or they haven't shared unreleased studio time, this is one collaboration we'd love to hear, as their Ghana-influenced sounds would fit perfectly together.
Vector and Ladipoe
Both of these talented young rappers have incredible energy, and we really don't get enough hip-hop collabs. With their clever lyricism and neat delivery, a track with these two is sure to come out as a Nigerian hip-hop classic (especially if the brilliant Spax produces it).
Wande Coal and Mayorkun
Mayorkun has risen to become one of afropop's brightest stars, especially after his incredible debut album, The Mayor of Lagos. As Wande Coal has collaborated with almost every afropop artist in the game, he should definitely be looking to get a song out with the latest star on the block.
About Article Author
Latest Nigeria News
- Nigerian Lady Goes With Her Mother To Pack Husband's Property After Collapsed Marriage
- Faces Of Alleged Top Yahoo Boys Nabbed With Porsche & Other Expensive Rides
- Nigerian Man Dies In Accident, A Day To His Wife's Burial
- How Customs, Police Officers Released Truck Load of Codein After Receiving Bribe
- Atiku Get To Debate Venue, Didn't See Buhari, Then Walk Away... Challenges Mr President
- Billionaire Jimoh Ibrahim's Mother Burnt To Death In Candle Fire
- Lagos Businessman Said To Have Committed Suicide Over R*pe Saga Is In Coma?
- Buhari, APC Frustrated Over Atiku's Trip To US - Party
- DAILY INSPIRATION FOR POSITIVE LIVING
- Police, Army, in show of force in Lagos
- Atiku challenge Buhari to open debate
- APC, PDP two bad sides of a coin, says Durotoye
- Atiku Arrives Nigeria From US, Received By Supporters (Photos)
- FG plots CJN Onnoghen removal ahead of trial
- APC Jos campaign boils over as Buhari takes back door out
- APC suspends Rochas Okorocha
- Arewa people are also Lagosians, deserve recognition – Balarabe
- Stakeholders rally support for Makinde,gives testimonies of quality representation
- NAPTIP goes after 20,0000 Nigerians girls trafficked to Mali
- Bank PHB: Atiku replies Buhari, APC
- 'Yahoo Boys' Busted... N300m Mansion, $49k Seized From Them
- Why Atiku Travelled To US - Peter Obi
- Woman Stabs Female Neighbour To Death In Lagos
- DAILY INSPIRATION FOR POSITIVE LIVING
- Young Soldiers On Their Way To Maiduguri To Fight Boko Haram
- Fayose Reacts To Atiku's Trip To America, Hits Buhari
- Family Of LASTMA Officer Who Was Murdered On Duty Get N10m Compensation
- Okorocha's Suspension By APC: Angry Reactions
- Buhari Govt Goes After Atiku, To Now Quiz Him For Corruption... Atiku calls it "Cock & Bull" Story
- Lagos Businessman Accused Of R*pe Cries Out, Commits Suicide
- CJN Onnoghen To Be Arrested? FG Asks Court To Sack Him
- Oshiomhole, El-Rufai Attack Atiku Over Trip To America
- Amaechi Replies Wike For Saying He Plotted CJN's Removal
- Atiku Grants First Interview In US, Reveals Why He Didn't Travel To America In 10 Years
- See Pretty Lady Who Lost Her Life While Saving Others (Photos)
- 27 committees to wirk for Atiku’s victory
- Melaye granted bail
- 2019: Jennifer Atiku takes presidential campaign to Southeast
- Mourinho settles Messi vs Ronaldo debate
- Solskjaer warns Man Utd players over complacency