Eight months after joining Brighton & Hove Albion on a two-year deal, Leon Balogun has pulled off the unexpected by scoring against Crystal Palace with his first touch — just 25 seconds after coming on as a substitute.
This means he now has the second quickest goal by a substitute in the Premier League this season!
Balogun’s feat is only second to Daniel Sturridge’s goal against West Ham, which came just 24 seconds after the English player was brought on as a substitute.
Since leaving German club, Mainz 05 II, the 30-year-old has had a hard time proving his worth in the Premier League. It didn’t help that Brighton kept him on reserve for quite some time now, allowing him only four appearances so far this season.
Hopefully, the goal, which is his first in the Premier League, will get him more playing time on the team.
About Article Author
Latest Nigeria News
- Adorable Photos Of Buhari & Wife, Aisha Melt Hearts
- Donald Duke Reacts After Court Sacked Him As Presidential Candidate Of SDP
- Woman Murders Neighbour's Son In Lagos, Dumps His Corpse In Toilet To Punish Dad (Photos)
- Woman Whose Husband Kill Their 4 Kids & Himself Opens Up
- Ivorian Football Federation appeal to court
- Mourinho in bizarre Liverpool spending rant
- Super Falcons grateful to NFF for fulfilling promises
- Supersand Eagles hold firm to World Cup ticket as Senegal rule Africa
- Two Borca fans assassinates River plate supporter
- Paulo Futre to Barca: Dembele needs a girlfriend
- Umtiti, Barca in operation deadlock
- Chellini: Icardi, one of my toughest opponent
- Ronaldo: I hope to do business with Pique soon
- Pires: I have played with Zidane, Henry but Messi is extraordinary
- Linda Ikeji Pregnancy: Jeremi to say his side of story before general elections
- 5 tactical questions ahead of Liverpool versus Man Utd
- Move To Override Buhari On Electoral Bill Begins?
- PRAYER FOR TODAY
- CAN Dissolves Elders' Forum Over Claims Of 'N40m Gift' From President Buhari
- Yahoo Boy & Wife Busted In Their Home; SUV, Others Recovered
- Osinbajo, Peter Obi's Top Positions At The VP Debate Yesterday
- Inflation Increases To 11.28% Due To Higher Food Prices
- Husband Slashes Wife's Head Because Of Another Woman
- You're Making Empty Threats - APC replies Buhari's man, Shittu
- Female Judge In 'Fraud' Mess, Justice Ajumogobis Collapses In Court
- Retired Deputy Police Commissioner, Wife Shot Dead
- Police Officer Who Leads A Robbery Gang Exposed In Lagos As Gang Member Confesses
- Fayose Mobbed As He Returns To Ekiti (Photos)
- Woman Shares Scary Experience During Flight To Enugu As Plane Nearly Crashed (Photos)
- Why we retained fuel subsidy – Osinbajo
- 10 biggest news stories in Nigeria in 2018, according to Google Trends
- The 11 Best Movies Coming Out in December
- The fall of Man Utd XI
- Court fixes February for bench ruling on Magu’s N5bn libel suit
- Nigeria’s first gold refinery construction begins
- Nigeria sues Shell, Eni $1.1b over Malabu oil license
- Buhari okays 65-year retirement age for teachers
- Preparing our children for the changing nature of work—it’s gigs not jobs in the 21st century
- Lagos International Trade Fair Boss crowned Yeye Oge Ogbere
- Young Girl Breaks Record At National Sport Festival In Abuja