– Rita has insisted that her husband is not a typical kind of footballer
– The 24-year-old mother of two claims Mahrez is not the partying type
– The two love bird have agreed to make their union official next year
Wife of Manchester City star Riyad Mahrez, Rita, has insisted her husband is not a the type that drinks or cheat
The Emirates outfit broke their transfer record by signing him for £60million from Leicester City in the summer.
But Rita said she is not worried about her husband straying, adding that the Algerian prefers hoovering to partying and stays humble by shopping in Asda.
“Our lifestyle is pretty lavish as everyone wants the best and to have luxury things.
“We all want that good life and luxury lifestyle because what’s everyone working hard for at the end of the day. But while it’s nice to have it’s not what makes you happy.
“Riyad is a really grounded and humble guy and I hope it won’t change us. I love Asda as it’s so convenient and you can get some nice pyjamas in there.
“I do my own grocery shopping but it’s starting to become a problem. If Riyad’s holding shopping bags he gets people coming up to him so we might have to start sending someone for us soon,” she told SunSport.
The mum of two also added that she never wanted to date Mahrez because he was a footballer and was worried because he would cheat on her when they first met in 2012.
She continued: “I was walking along Oxford Street when he sweetly put his arm around me. He spoke to me with his French accent and we exchanged numbers.
“I found out he was a footballer player a week later and was like, ‘Oh no, I don’t want this life’. I didn’t want to date a footballer because I thought there were going to be girls looking to chase him.
“I wanted to have a peaceful life and make my own success but then he pursued me and bombarded me with phonecalls and FaceTimes and it was meant to be.”
Now they both have two daughters and have agreed to officially get married after having a religious ceremony.
The aspiring pop star also revealed Mahrez has promised to stay away from girls to prevent him from womanizing.
She continued: “I’ve never had issues and it’s been smooth-sailing with us. Of course there is always temptation but Riyad says to stay away from temptation.
“You have to make sure you don’t put yourself in a situation where you are going to get tempted and just be wary because a lot of people are after the wrong thing.
“He’s never drunk alcohol in his life, as he’s Muslim, and he doesn’t go clubbing. He keeps himself to himself and isn’t too sociable. Not everyone is a cheater and Riyad is different. He helps out with the hoovering at times and does stuff from his heart.
“It’s more fashionable now to be a humble person and loyal husband. If you’re drinking and cheating that doesn’t make me respect you. His worst habit is that he’s super into football.”
Meanwhile, Legit.ng had earlier reported Leonita is the beautiful wife of Arsenal midfielder Granit Xhaka and they got married in 2017.
The couples were engaged in June 2016 after two years together and tied the knot at a ceremony in July 2017.
The 22-year-old is from a Kosovo Albanian family and worked with Xhaka’s former club Monchengaldbach where they met.
NAIJ.com (naija.ng) -> Legit.ng We keep evolving to serve our readers better.
Who will win the champions league? – on Legit.ng TV
About Article Author
Latest Nigeria News
- Governor Akeredolu bags Gold Cup Platinum Award
- Portugal hold Italy; clinch finals spot
- PRAYER FOR TODAY
- Twin Sisters Abducted Days To Their Wedding Regain Freedom After 26 Days In Kidnappers' Den
- How The Ambassador Of Ireland To Nigeria Beat Lagos Traffic
- Obasanjo Sues Radio Presenter for N1bn over Bola Ige Murder
- NYSC Member, 3 INEC Workers, Girl Perish In Fatal Accident
- My Plans For Second Tenure, by Buhari
- Rich Kidnapper Evans: Falana Came To See Me, Police Hid Me Inside Toilet
- APC Victory In Kwara Sweetest, says SGF... PDP Reacts
- Female Student Arrested For Killing Her Own Baby
- Story Of Nigerian Lady Who Got Pregnant For Her Own Father
- Presidency Lists Buhari's Achievements In The Power Sector
- Atiku’s Policy Document: How He Plans To Make Nigeria Work
- Oshiomhole in fresh crisis
- 2019: Atiku sets to launch policy document
- Moghalu picks running mate from Kano
- Igbogbo monarch lauds Salis kindness, Lagos theatre art practitioners declares endorsement
- Sadio Mane has realized he’s world class, says Klopp
- Messi: Rooney, one of the all- time special players
- Moghalu picks running mate from Kano
- NCF: Nigeria may end up a desert
- Nike teams up with Barcelona for 20-year special edition jersey
- Kwara bye-election: Nigeria’s democracy under attack – Saraki
- I See Fornicators, Adulterers Living Large On Social Media... how can I stay faithful?
- Ooni commissions projects to promote culture
- Woman Disgraced After Allegedly Trying To Kidnap A Baby
- Soldiers Rescue Boy Who Was Locked Up With Charm
- The 10 best Premier League signings of 2018/19 so far, including Arsenal, Chelsea, Liverpool, and Everton stars
- I am always ready to represent Nigeria –Kenneth Omeruo
- Germany relegated from Nations League tier
- Pogba chills with Messi; Barca rumours fuel
- Homosexuality most difficult subject to talk in football
- Buhari, Atiku congratulate Super Eagles on 2019 AFCON qualification
- Messi, Ronaldo, Salah & the top 20 scorers of 2018
- Chevron fc is fully ready for Eze United- Godtime Emiko
- Atiku begins campaign
- FG approves N60bn for rice
- Oshiomhole Escapes Moves To Sack Him
- Atiku Begins 2019 Campaign, Launches ‘People’s Policy'