– Rita has insisted that her husband is not a typical kind of footballer
– The 24-year-old mother of two claims Mahrez is not the partying type
– The two love bird have agreed to make their union official next year
Wife of Manchester City star Riyad Mahrez, Rita, has insisted her husband is not a the type that drinks or cheat
The Emirates outfit broke their transfer record by signing him for £60million from Leicester City in the summer.
But Rita said she is not worried about her husband straying, adding that the Algerian prefers hoovering to partying and stays humble by shopping in Asda.
“Our lifestyle is pretty lavish as everyone wants the best and to have luxury things.
“We all want that good life and luxury lifestyle because what’s everyone working hard for at the end of the day. But while it’s nice to have it’s not what makes you happy.
“Riyad is a really grounded and humble guy and I hope it won’t change us. I love Asda as it’s so convenient and you can get some nice pyjamas in there.
“I do my own grocery shopping but it’s starting to become a problem. If Riyad’s holding shopping bags he gets people coming up to him so we might have to start sending someone for us soon,” she told SunSport.
The mum of two also added that she never wanted to date Mahrez because he was a footballer and was worried because he would cheat on her when they first met in 2012.
She continued: “I was walking along Oxford Street when he sweetly put his arm around me. He spoke to me with his French accent and we exchanged numbers.
“I found out he was a footballer player a week later and was like, ‘Oh no, I don’t want this life’. I didn’t want to date a footballer because I thought there were going to be girls looking to chase him.
“I wanted to have a peaceful life and make my own success but then he pursued me and bombarded me with phonecalls and FaceTimes and it was meant to be.”
Now they both have two daughters and have agreed to officially get married after having a religious ceremony.
The aspiring pop star also revealed Mahrez has promised to stay away from girls to prevent him from womanizing.
She continued: “I’ve never had issues and it’s been smooth-sailing with us. Of course there is always temptation but Riyad says to stay away from temptation.
“You have to make sure you don’t put yourself in a situation where you are going to get tempted and just be wary because a lot of people are after the wrong thing.
“He’s never drunk alcohol in his life, as he’s Muslim, and he doesn’t go clubbing. He keeps himself to himself and isn’t too sociable. Not everyone is a cheater and Riyad is different. He helps out with the hoovering at times and does stuff from his heart.
“It’s more fashionable now to be a humble person and loyal husband. If you’re drinking and cheating that doesn’t make me respect you. His worst habit is that he’s super into football.”
Meanwhile, Legit.ng had earlier reported Leonita is the beautiful wife of Arsenal midfielder Granit Xhaka and they got married in 2017.
The couples were engaged in June 2016 after two years together and tied the knot at a ceremony in July 2017.
The 22-year-old is from a Kosovo Albanian family and worked with Xhaka’s former club Monchengaldbach where they met.
NAIJ.com (naija.ng) -> Legit.ng We keep evolving to serve our readers better.
Who will win the champions league? – on Legit.ng TV
About Article Author
Latest Nigeria News
- PDP federal lawmaker defects to APC
- Govt. Shut Down: U.S senate bows under Trump pressure
- Police confiscate 13 houses, 10 cars of kidnapper Collins Ezenwa known as E-Money
- How Trump’s friend facilitated Atiku’s trip to US
- Minimum wage: Council of State approves N30000 for Fed. workers
- Man goes berserk, kills wife, children, 4 others
- High court grants Elzakzaky, wife, access to medical services, adjourns to March 25
- Oshiomhole rubbishes OBJ, Atiku
- Popular Singer buys JAMB forms for 30 students
- ECOWAS, others sets to eliminate child marriage in West Africa
- Obasanjo Laughs With Buhari In Aso Rock Today
- The last of Awo’s cavalrymen
- Obasanjo on new offensive against Buhari
- Investors lose N102bn as NSE All Shares Index declines
- Why 2019 elections will be impossible to rig – INEC
- Again, House of Reps steps down second reading of 2019 Appropriation Bill
- Senate adjourns plenary over absence of Lawmakers
- Barcelona confirm Kevin-Prince Boateng signing
- PSG ordered to include Rabiot in first-team training
- NFF can’t force me to release election forms- Taraba FA Chairman boasts
- 2019: Buhari meets Obasanjo, others at Aso Rock
- Drama As Lagos Assembly Claims Ignorance Of Ambode's 2019 Budget
- Rivers APC Case: Supreme Court's Position
- Story Of UNILAG Graduate Turned Suspected Serial R*pist
- Dino Melaye Shares First Picture After Release From Custody
- Faces Of Car-snatching Syndicate Busted By The Police
- Suspected Ritualist Lynched For Allegedly Eating Faeces
- Obasanjo Trends Over Letter To Buhari... Tinubu, Others Hit Him
- Two Men Break Into Redeemed Church, Steal Church Property
- APC Leaders Are Liars, Reject Them - Atiku
- Nigerian Footballer Sodje & Brothers Jailed In UK For Fraud
- Dino Melaye Detained By Police As They File Fresh Charges
- How I Gave Fayose $5m Cash From Security Fund - Obanikoro
- Just Imagine! This Man Spent 45 Years Of His Life In Prison For A Crime He Didn't Commit
- DAILY INSPIRATION FOR POSITIVE LIVING
- Tradermoni: Aso Rock fires back at Obasanjo
- Cardiff captain, 45 minutes away from death
- Court Stops Buhari, AGF From Removing CJN Onnoghen
- OMG! Man 'Beats Wife To Death' Just 2 Weeks After Giving Birth In Rivers State
- New IGP Adamu Disbands FSARS, Takes More Actions