– The National Emergency Management Agency has received a fresh batch of 120 stranded Nigerians from Libya
– The returnees arrived at the MMIA Cargo Wing at about 9:15 pm via AL Buraq Air
– They comprised 29 female adults, five female children, four female infants, 75 male adults, two male children and five male infants
The National Emergency Management Agency (NEMA) has announced that they on Thursday, November 8, received a fresh batch of 120 stranded Nigerians from Libya.
Channel TV reports that the returnees were received by the acting zonal coordinator of NEMA, Segun Afolayan and other federal government agencies.
The agency said the returnees that arrived at the MMIA Cargo Wing at about 9:15 pm via AL Buraq Air were brought back with the help of the International Organisation for Migration.
READ ALSO: Adeleke is alive – Campaign Organisation
NEMA further noted that they were brought mainly from three cities of Sabha, Bram Alshati and Oubari.
The returnees comprised 29 female adults, five female children, four female infants, 75 male adults, two male children and five male infants. While welcoming them back, Afolayan asked the returnees to make good use of the second chance afforded by the IOM and God Almighty after surviving the dangers of illegal migration.
She said: “I was deceived that I would get a better job at Germany as a stylist, there were 20 of us in the team and we were promised that we would fly to Germany but after two weeks, we found ourselves in Niger Republic. After three weeks we were in Libya, Madam told all of us that, we can’t cross over but we have to become prostitutes in order to refund her money which was 1.4 million naira.
“I resorted to fervent prayers and pleaded with madam that it is a taboo in our family to prostitute. I pleaded with her to give another option. I was asked to work at a restaurant and was able to refund her money.
“Immediately I finished paying her money, I started working on my own to get some money but my madam organised my kidnapped and I was bailed by her with about N650,000 and she doubled the amount and said that I must pay her N1.3 million. I paid her by doing all sorts of work. I left Nigeria in 2014. I returned with nothing to show for the wasted four years.
“I want to beg those people thinking about travelling illegally to desist. There is nothing better outside Nigeria.
”Is it the freedom to move around, is it the liberty to engage in work without fear of hoodlums breaking into your house and taking away your sweat because there is no banking system for us? We have to keep our cash with us and the boys invade us to take it away. Nigerians should stay and look for better opportunities here please.”
Meanwhile, Legit.ng had reported that one hundred and seventy Nigerians deported from Libya arrived Lagos. The deportees arrived aboard a chartered BURAQ Airline.
The flight with registration number 5A-DMG, landed at about 8.25pm with the 171 deportees. The returnees comprised of 70 female adults including 9 pregnant women, 90 male adults, 3 children and 8 infants.
NAIJ.com (naija.ng) -> Legit.ng We have updated to serve you better.
Mass deportation: Tales of woes from Libya – on Legit.ng TV:
About Article Author
Latest Nigeria News
- PDP federal lawmaker defects to APC
- Govt. Shut Down: U.S senate bows under Trump pressure
- Police confiscate 13 houses, 10 cars of kidnapper Collins Ezenwa known as E-Money
- How Trump’s friend facilitated Atiku’s trip to US
- Minimum wage: Council of State approves N30000 for Fed. workers
- Man goes berserk, kills wife, children, 4 others
- High court grants Elzakzaky, wife, access to medical services, adjourns to March 25
- Oshiomhole rubbishes OBJ, Atiku
- Popular Singer buys JAMB forms for 30 students
- ECOWAS, others sets to eliminate child marriage in West Africa
- Obasanjo Laughs With Buhari In Aso Rock Today
- The last of Awo’s cavalrymen
- Obasanjo on new offensive against Buhari
- Investors lose N102bn as NSE All Shares Index declines
- Why 2019 elections will be impossible to rig – INEC
- Again, House of Reps steps down second reading of 2019 Appropriation Bill
- Senate adjourns plenary over absence of Lawmakers
- Barcelona confirm Kevin-Prince Boateng signing
- PSG ordered to include Rabiot in first-team training
- NFF can’t force me to release election forms- Taraba FA Chairman boasts
- 2019: Buhari meets Obasanjo, others at Aso Rock
- Drama As Lagos Assembly Claims Ignorance Of Ambode's 2019 Budget
- Rivers APC Case: Supreme Court's Position
- Story Of UNILAG Graduate Turned Suspected Serial R*pist
- Dino Melaye Shares First Picture After Release From Custody
- Faces Of Car-snatching Syndicate Busted By The Police
- Suspected Ritualist Lynched For Allegedly Eating Faeces
- Obasanjo Trends Over Letter To Buhari... Tinubu, Others Hit Him
- Two Men Break Into Redeemed Church, Steal Church Property
- APC Leaders Are Liars, Reject Them - Atiku
- Nigerian Footballer Sodje & Brothers Jailed In UK For Fraud
- Dino Melaye Detained By Police As They File Fresh Charges
- How I Gave Fayose $5m Cash From Security Fund - Obanikoro
- Just Imagine! This Man Spent 45 Years Of His Life In Prison For A Crime He Didn't Commit
- DAILY INSPIRATION FOR POSITIVE LIVING
- Tradermoni: Aso Rock fires back at Obasanjo
- Cardiff captain, 45 minutes away from death
- Court Stops Buhari, AGF From Removing CJN Onnoghen
- OMG! Man 'Beats Wife To Death' Just 2 Weeks After Giving Birth In Rivers State
- New IGP Adamu Disbands FSARS, Takes More Actions