You have not done right here – TCCO tells Wike over alleged directive to close down IDP camps in Rivers
– The Tonye Cole Campaign Organisation (TCCO) criticises Governor Nyesom Wike for allegedly asking that IDP camps be closed in Rivers state
– The organisation says rather than close down the camps, Wike should have visited the affected victims of flood
– Pastor Tonye Cole promises to work with the federal government to provide a permanent solution to the issue of flooding in Rivers if he becomes governor
The Tonye Cole Campaign Organisation (TCCO) has condemned the alleged sudden directive by Governor Nyesom Wike for all Internally Displaced Persons (IDP) camps housing victims of flood in parts of Rivers state to be closed down with immediate effect.
A statement from the organisation made available to Legit.ng its director-general, Chief Chidi Lloyd, as condemning the alleged directive by Wike in Port Harcourt saying the governor’s reported action was aimed at compounding the sufferings of the victims of flood in Rivers state.
Lloyd said Wike should have visited the people and provided them with the much needed succour.
“It is condemnable for Governor Wike to ignore calls by well-meaning people to visit suffering flood victims in the Orashi and other areas in Rivers state.
“Instead the governor has ordered that the IDP camps be closed down even when communities like Odiereke, Akinima and others are still submerged in water with reptiles roaming freely and occupying homes.
“We expect a responsible government to cater for the needs of the flood victims and when the water has completely receded, carry out a comprehensive health audit and possible fumigation before the victims move back to their homes.
“These our brothers and sisters are likely to face several challenges such as waterborne diseases, rodents and possible snake bites. Even some of their homes may have weakened to the point of collapsing with all the attendant dangers to life.
“What offence did the poor victims of the floods commit against the governor that he should insist on not visiting and providing assistance to the people he governs but instead has chosen to compound their travails by suddenly ordering them out of the IDP camps where they are taking refuge?” Chief Chidi Lloyd queried.
The director-general appealed to the flood victims about to vacate the IDP camps not to allow their spirit be broken by “the mindless action of Governor Wike because when the unrighteous rules, the people are subjected to all manner of sufferings.
“You can see that whatever is said in the holy Bible is true. For example, the Bible says in Proverbs 29:2 that only when the righteous are in authority or rule that the people rejoice. Today it is the turn of the flood victims to taste the bad governance of Wike. This is what most of us have tasted and are still tasting.
“But behind every bleak moment in our lives is usually a bright silver lining beckoning. That silver lining is Pastor Tonye Patrick Cole, the governorship candidate of the APC who, by the grace of God, shall become the governor of Rivers State come May 29, 2019.
“As a disciplined and devout Christian, Cole will heal our broken state and provide the much needed reconciliation for all strata of our society. As an astute business achiever, Pastor Tonye Cole will painstakingly rework and realign the economy of Rivers state for the good of present and future generations of the people and residents of Rivers state.”
The APC governorship candidate in Rivers state, Pastor Tonye Cole, also donated relief materials and cash worth millions of naira to the IDP camp in Obedum Community, Odual Kingdom in Abua/Odual local government area of Rivers state.
PAY ATTENTION: Install our latest app for Android, read best news on Nigeria’s #1 news app
Tonye Cole promised to do all within his powers and in synergy with the federal government to provide a permanent solution to the floods that annually ravage the area and other parts of Rivers state as soon as he became the governor of the state.
The General Officer Commanding (GOC) 6 Division Nigerian Army, Port Harcourt, Maj-Gen Jamil Sarham, presented the items on Saturday, November 3.
Is President Buhari Really Doing Badly As Nigeria’s Leader? – Nigeria Street Gist | Legit TV
About Article Author
Latest Nigeria News
- Two Sisters Caught Trying To Smuggle Tramadol, Igbo Into Prison In Abuja
- APC Leaders Will Be Thrown Into Hell If Their Records Are Checked - Obasanjo
- DAILY INSPIRATION FOR POSITIVE LIVING
- House of Reps reject committee report sympathising with Atiku’s company
- Falana supports Obasanjo
- Shehu Sani tells Nigerians to look at the message of Obasanjo, not the messenger
- Feb: NOA raises red flags in 2 states in southeast, 1 in southwest, southsouth, northcentral each
- Respect rule of law, Osun APC tells Obasanjo
- LASUTH doctors begin strike Jan. 28
- Housewife allegedly beaten to death in Ondo
- Cardiff record signing Sala, on board missing plane says French authorities
- Prophet lynched in Ekiti for eating human faeces with bread
- Retired policeman claims 14-year old as his wife
- Barca completes shock Boateng move
- PDP federal lawmaker defects to APC
- Govt. Shut Down: U.S senate bows under Trump pressure
- Police confiscate 13 houses, 10 cars of kidnapper Collins Ezenwa known as E-Money
- How Trump’s friend facilitated Atiku’s trip to US
- Minimum wage: Council of State approves N30000 for Fed. workers
- Man goes berserk, kills wife, children, 4 others
- High court grants Elzakzaky, wife, access to medical services, adjourns to March 25
- Oshiomhole rubbishes OBJ, Atiku
- Popular Singer buys JAMB forms for 30 students
- ECOWAS, others sets to eliminate child marriage in West Africa
- Obasanjo Laughs With Buhari In Aso Rock Today
- The last of Awo’s cavalrymen
- Obasanjo on new offensive against Buhari
- Investors lose N102bn as NSE All Shares Index declines
- Why 2019 elections will be impossible to rig – INEC
- Again, House of Reps steps down second reading of 2019 Appropriation Bill
- Senate adjourns plenary over absence of Lawmakers
- Barcelona confirm Kevin-Prince Boateng signing
- PSG ordered to include Rabiot in first-team training
- NFF can’t force me to release election forms- Taraba FA Chairman boasts
- 2019: Buhari meets Obasanjo, others at Aso Rock
- Drama As Lagos Assembly Claims Ignorance Of Ambode's 2019 Budget
- Rivers APC Case: Supreme Court's Position
- Story Of UNILAG Graduate Turned Suspected Serial R*pist
- Dino Melaye Shares First Picture After Release From Custody
- Faces Of Car-snatching Syndicate Busted By The Police