– The international function which will also be attended by global dignitaries, will run from Saturday, November 11 to Monday, November 13
President Muhammadu Buhari on Friday, November 8, departed Abuja for France to participate in the first edition of the Paris Peace Forum slated for Saturday, November 11 to Monday, November 13.
Femi Adesina, the special adviser to the president on media and publicity, said that the forum, organised by the French government and a number of Non-Governmental Organisations (NGO) was based on the “simple idea that international cooperation is key to tackling global challenges and ensuring durable peace,” Punch reports.
Adesina in a statement said that Buhari would join the United Nation (UN)’s secretary-general, Antonio Guterres, and other world leaders to discuss issues bordering on global peace while underscoring the imperative of collective action.
The statement partly read: “While in Paris, President Buhari will also join other world leaders to commemorate the centenary anniversary of the Armistice signed on November 11, 1918 between the Allied Forces and Germany in the forest of Compiegne in France to end the First World War.
“During his visit to Paris, President Buhari will attend a luncheon hosted by President Emmanuel Macron of France in honour of visiting heads of delegations.
“Before returning to Abuja, the President and his delegation will have an interactive session with the Nigerian community in France.”
Buhari, according to the statement, will be accompanied on the trip by three state governors, Aminu Masari (Katsina); Willie Obiano (Anambra) and Kayode Fayemi (Ekiti) and other top government officials.
Others include the minister of foreign affairs, Geoffrey Onyeama; the attorney-general and minister of justice, Abubakar Malami; the national security adviser, Maj-Gen. Babagana Monguno (retd.) and the director-general, national intelligence agency, Ahmed Abubakar.
Meanwhile, Legit.ng reported that President Muhammadu Buhari met with President Emmanuel Macron of France at the closing ceremony of the 31st Session of the African Union Summit.
The duo met on Monday, July 2, in Nouakchott, Islamic Republic of Mauritania. Macron was in Lagos on Tuesday, July 3, and was hosted by the state government at Femi Kuti’s African Shrine.
NAIJ.com (naija.ng) -> Legit.ng We have upgraded to serve you better.
President of France Emmanuel Macron Visits Fela’s Home New Afrika Shrine | Legit TV
About Article Author
Latest Nigeria News
- Two Sisters Caught Trying To Smuggle Tramadol, Igbo Into Prison In Abuja
- APC Leaders Will Be Thrown Into Hell If Their Records Are Checked - Obasanjo
- DAILY INSPIRATION FOR POSITIVE LIVING
- House of Reps reject committee report sympathising with Atiku’s company
- Falana supports Obasanjo
- Shehu Sani tells Nigerians to look at the message of Obasanjo, not the messenger
- Feb: NOA raises red flags in 2 states in southeast, 1 in southwest, southsouth, northcentral each
- Respect rule of law, Osun APC tells Obasanjo
- LASUTH doctors begin strike Jan. 28
- Housewife allegedly beaten to death in Ondo
- Cardiff record signing Sala, on board missing plane says French authorities
- Prophet lynched in Ekiti for eating human faeces with bread
- Retired policeman claims 14-year old as his wife
- Barca completes shock Boateng move
- PDP federal lawmaker defects to APC
- Govt. Shut Down: U.S senate bows under Trump pressure
- Police confiscate 13 houses, 10 cars of kidnapper Collins Ezenwa known as E-Money
- How Trump’s friend facilitated Atiku’s trip to US
- Minimum wage: Council of State approves N30000 for Fed. workers
- Man goes berserk, kills wife, children, 4 others
- High court grants Elzakzaky, wife, access to medical services, adjourns to March 25
- Oshiomhole rubbishes OBJ, Atiku
- Popular Singer buys JAMB forms for 30 students
- ECOWAS, others sets to eliminate child marriage in West Africa
- Obasanjo Laughs With Buhari In Aso Rock Today
- The last of Awo’s cavalrymen
- Obasanjo on new offensive against Buhari
- Investors lose N102bn as NSE All Shares Index declines
- Why 2019 elections will be impossible to rig – INEC
- Again, House of Reps steps down second reading of 2019 Appropriation Bill
- Senate adjourns plenary over absence of Lawmakers
- Barcelona confirm Kevin-Prince Boateng signing
- PSG ordered to include Rabiot in first-team training
- NFF can’t force me to release election forms- Taraba FA Chairman boasts
- 2019: Buhari meets Obasanjo, others at Aso Rock
- Drama As Lagos Assembly Claims Ignorance Of Ambode's 2019 Budget
- Rivers APC Case: Supreme Court's Position
- Story Of UNILAG Graduate Turned Suspected Serial R*pist
- Dino Melaye Shares First Picture After Release From Custody
- Faces Of Car-snatching Syndicate Busted By The Police