– The international function which will also be attended by global dignitaries, will run from Saturday, November 11 to Monday, November 13
President Muhammadu Buhari on Friday, November 8, departed Abuja for France to participate in the first edition of the Paris Peace Forum slated for Saturday, November 11 to Monday, November 13.
Femi Adesina, the special adviser to the president on media and publicity, said that the forum, organised by the French government and a number of Non-Governmental Organisations (NGO) was based on the “simple idea that international cooperation is key to tackling global challenges and ensuring durable peace,” Punch reports.
Adesina in a statement said that Buhari would join the United Nation (UN)’s secretary-general, Antonio Guterres, and other world leaders to discuss issues bordering on global peace while underscoring the imperative of collective action.
The statement partly read: “While in Paris, President Buhari will also join other world leaders to commemorate the centenary anniversary of the Armistice signed on November 11, 1918 between the Allied Forces and Germany in the forest of Compiegne in France to end the First World War.
“During his visit to Paris, President Buhari will attend a luncheon hosted by President Emmanuel Macron of France in honour of visiting heads of delegations.
“Before returning to Abuja, the President and his delegation will have an interactive session with the Nigerian community in France.”
Buhari, according to the statement, will be accompanied on the trip by three state governors, Aminu Masari (Katsina); Willie Obiano (Anambra) and Kayode Fayemi (Ekiti) and other top government officials.
Others include the minister of foreign affairs, Geoffrey Onyeama; the attorney-general and minister of justice, Abubakar Malami; the national security adviser, Maj-Gen. Babagana Monguno (retd.) and the director-general, national intelligence agency, Ahmed Abubakar.
Meanwhile, Legit.ng reported that President Muhammadu Buhari met with President Emmanuel Macron of France at the closing ceremony of the 31st Session of the African Union Summit.
The duo met on Monday, July 2, in Nouakchott, Islamic Republic of Mauritania. Macron was in Lagos on Tuesday, July 3, and was hosted by the state government at Femi Kuti’s African Shrine.
NAIJ.com (naija.ng) -> Legit.ng We have upgraded to serve you better.
President of France Emmanuel Macron Visits Fela’s Home New Afrika Shrine | Legit TV
About Article Author
Latest Nigeria News
- Nigeria Customs Service lift Volleyball Premier League titles
- 5 things women said when they saw this man’s giant tongue
- UK, Nigeria on war path over Diezani loot
- 2019: Tension in Sokoto as INEC omits Tambuwal on governorship List
- SERAP to EFCC, ICPC: Probe corruption in APC, PDP primaries
- 2019: How Buhari plots to block Atiku from moving funds
- Emefiele defends anchor borrowers’ scheme
- 9mobile finally gets new owners
- Court insists Ganduje can’t be probed
- APC national vice chairman sacked; headquarters reacts
- Nigerian Couple In Lovely Village-themed Pre-wedding Photos
- Court Revokes Uzor Kalu's Bail, Orders His Arrest
- Wike & His Wife Lay Hands On Each Other's Head During Prayer
- Ibrahim Magu Dodges Question On Ganduje Bribery Video
- Young Girl Who Lives In Lagos Trash Site Finally Gets Help
- PHOTOS: Man Stealing Female Panties Caught Red Handed
- Boss Who Killed Fuel Station Manager Over N40k Arrested
- EFCC Asked To Investigate Bribery Case Against Oshiomhole
- Pics From Actress Linda Ejiofor & Ibrahim Suleiman Wedding
- See What Buhari's Education Minister Said About ASUU When He Wasn't A Minister
- Another Nigerian Bank on brinks of collapse
- Don’t bet on Naira’s devaluation soon, says CBN
- How APC governorship candidate was arrested for corruption
- Stop playing politics with Nigeria’s budget, Olujimi tells Presidency
- DSS Cannot Demand My Resignation – Oshiomhole
- Pretty Lady Arrested After 'Good' Man Transferred N5m To Her
- Okorocha Replies Oshiomhole: You're Father Of Nepotism With Family Members In Govt.
- Boko Haram Goes Mad, Burns Down 65 Houses
- Woman Arrested After Doing This To Her Husband's Daughter
- Passengers Narrowly Escape Accident As FRSC Official Fights Driver (Photos)
- Photos From Mike Bamiloye's Son, Damilola's White Wedding
- Lagos Couple Welcome Triplets After 13 Years Of Marriage
- Oshiomhole Reacts: Why Will I Go To London To See Tinubu
- How This Beautiful Girl Was Shot Dead, Mother In Tears
- APC Guber Candidate In Imo, Hope Uzodinma Arrested
- PDP Reacts To Security Search On Atiku As He Returns Home
- Businessman Dies During S*x With Woman In Hotel... she was nabbed trying to escape
- Gov. Obaseki Supports Oshiomhole Against Fellow Governors
- Sanwo-Olu, Agbaje Laugh & Party Together In Lagos
- My Life Is Being Threatened, says New Ondo Speaker