APC crisis: Oshiomhole goes on charm offensive, strategises in US as 4 governors allegedly recruit ministers to oust him from national chairmanship
– The governors have allegedly resolved to pay Oshiomhole back in his own coin, as they felt they had been politically humiliated by him
– Oshiomhole, however, has launched a charm offensive; tendering apologies to some aspirants who were disqualified during the recent party primaries
Four All Progressives Congress (APC) governors have reportedly taken steps to recruit ministers to join in their campaign to oust out the party’s national chairman, Comrade Adams Oshiomhole.
There are fears, however, that their crusade to project their protégé’s as candidates of the party in various positions for the 2019 elections could come to naught, as Oshiomhole is currently out of the country, Vanguard reports.
Legit.ng notes that as national chairman, Oshiomhole is required to sign off on any substitution of candidates.
The anti-Oshiomhole governors are said to be coming up with new points and evidence against the national chairman, which they would present to President Muhammadu Buhari.
According to a top party official, the governors have resolved to pay Oshiomhole back in his own coin, as they feel they have been politically humiliated by him; and they have now started recruiting ministers against him.
The official reportedly stated: “The anger among the governors is that Oshiomhole did virtually all the things he is now stopping the governors from doing. He imposed his successor in Edo on his people.
“Till date, one cannot vie for any position in Edo State without the endorsement of Oshiomhole. So, why is he stopping the governors?
“The governors are also angry at leader of the party in the south-west, Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu, who is reportedly positioning himself for the presidency in 2023. We were told that while the chairman was being grilled by security operatives, the man flew in from Lagos to practically bail him out.”
On his part, however, the national chairman has launched a charm offensive; tendering apologies to some aspirants who were disqualified during the recent party primaries.
In a letter dated October 30, 2018, which was addressed to some individual aspirants, Oshiomhole reportedly apologized for their disqualification, stating that it was the handiwork of fifth columnists.
He reportedly stated: “Although you were cleared by the National Working Committee (NWC) appointed screening panel as a governorship aspirant to contest the direct primary election, your disqualification was erroneously announced by unknown source when voting was midway.
“The incident at the Governorship Primary Election and the subsequent embarrassing mischief directed at your esteemed person by the faceless individual in the name of the party is deeply regretted.”
The APC national chairman is currently in the United States where he is allegedly strategising on how to take down his foes and retain his office ahead of the 2019 general elections.
PAY ATTENTION: Install our latest app for Android, read best news on Nigeria’s #1 news app
Meanwhile, Legit.ng previously reported that Governor Ibikunle Amosun of Ogun state, on Thursday, November 8, said he had no hand in the reported interrogation of the national chairman of the All Progressives Congress (APC), Adams Oshiomhole, by the State Security Service (SSS).
Amosun, who is currently involved in a political battle with Oshiomhole, following the APC primaries in Ogun state, said contrary to perceptions, he was not involved in the party chairman’s alleged predicament.
NAIJ.com (naija.ng) -> Legit.ng: Same great journalism, upgraded for better service!
About Article Author
Latest Nigeria News
- Governor Akeredolu bags Gold Cup Platinum Award
- Portugal hold Italy; clinch finals spot
- PRAYER FOR TODAY
- Twin Sisters Abducted Days To Their Wedding Regain Freedom After 26 Days In Kidnappers' Den
- How The Ambassador Of Ireland To Nigeria Beat Lagos Traffic
- Obasanjo Sues Radio Presenter for N1bn over Bola Ige Murder
- NYSC Member, 3 INEC Workers, Girl Perish In Fatal Accident
- My Plans For Second Tenure, by Buhari
- Rich Kidnapper Evans: Falana Came To See Me, Police Hid Me Inside Toilet
- APC Victory In Kwara Sweetest, says SGF... PDP Reacts
- Female Student Arrested For Killing Her Own Baby
- Story Of Nigerian Lady Who Got Pregnant For Her Own Father
- Presidency Lists Buhari's Achievements In The Power Sector
- Atiku’s Policy Document: How He Plans To Make Nigeria Work
- Oshiomhole in fresh crisis
- 2019: Atiku sets to launch policy document
- Moghalu picks running mate from Kano
- Igbogbo monarch lauds Salis kindness, Lagos theatre art practitioners declares endorsement
- Sadio Mane has realized he’s world class, says Klopp
- Messi: Rooney, one of the all- time special players
- Moghalu picks running mate from Kano
- NCF: Nigeria may end up a desert
- Nike teams up with Barcelona for 20-year special edition jersey
- Kwara bye-election: Nigeria’s democracy under attack – Saraki
- I See Fornicators, Adulterers Living Large On Social Media... how can I stay faithful?
- Ooni commissions projects to promote culture
- Woman Disgraced After Allegedly Trying To Kidnap A Baby
- Soldiers Rescue Boy Who Was Locked Up With Charm
- The 10 best Premier League signings of 2018/19 so far, including Arsenal, Chelsea, Liverpool, and Everton stars
- I am always ready to represent Nigeria –Kenneth Omeruo
- Germany relegated from Nations League tier
- Pogba chills with Messi; Barca rumours fuel
- Homosexuality most difficult subject to talk in football
- Buhari, Atiku congratulate Super Eagles on 2019 AFCON qualification
- Messi, Ronaldo, Salah & the top 20 scorers of 2018
- Chevron fc is fully ready for Eze United- Godtime Emiko
- Atiku begins campaign
- FG approves N60bn for rice
- Oshiomhole Escapes Moves To Sack Him
- Atiku Begins 2019 Campaign, Launches ‘People’s Policy'