APC crisis: Oshiomhole goes on charm offensive, strategises in US as 4 governors allegedly recruit ministers to oust him from national chairmanship
– The governors have allegedly resolved to pay Oshiomhole back in his own coin, as they felt they had been politically humiliated by him
– Oshiomhole, however, has launched a charm offensive; tendering apologies to some aspirants who were disqualified during the recent party primaries
Four All Progressives Congress (APC) governors have reportedly taken steps to recruit ministers to join in their campaign to oust out the party’s national chairman, Comrade Adams Oshiomhole.
There are fears, however, that their crusade to project their protégé’s as candidates of the party in various positions for the 2019 elections could come to naught, as Oshiomhole is currently out of the country, Vanguard reports.
Legit.ng notes that as national chairman, Oshiomhole is required to sign off on any substitution of candidates.
The anti-Oshiomhole governors are said to be coming up with new points and evidence against the national chairman, which they would present to President Muhammadu Buhari.
According to a top party official, the governors have resolved to pay Oshiomhole back in his own coin, as they feel they have been politically humiliated by him; and they have now started recruiting ministers against him.
The official reportedly stated: “The anger among the governors is that Oshiomhole did virtually all the things he is now stopping the governors from doing. He imposed his successor in Edo on his people.
“Till date, one cannot vie for any position in Edo State without the endorsement of Oshiomhole. So, why is he stopping the governors?
“The governors are also angry at leader of the party in the south-west, Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu, who is reportedly positioning himself for the presidency in 2023. We were told that while the chairman was being grilled by security operatives, the man flew in from Lagos to practically bail him out.”
On his part, however, the national chairman has launched a charm offensive; tendering apologies to some aspirants who were disqualified during the recent party primaries.
In a letter dated October 30, 2018, which was addressed to some individual aspirants, Oshiomhole reportedly apologized for their disqualification, stating that it was the handiwork of fifth columnists.
He reportedly stated: “Although you were cleared by the National Working Committee (NWC) appointed screening panel as a governorship aspirant to contest the direct primary election, your disqualification was erroneously announced by unknown source when voting was midway.
“The incident at the Governorship Primary Election and the subsequent embarrassing mischief directed at your esteemed person by the faceless individual in the name of the party is deeply regretted.”
The APC national chairman is currently in the United States where he is allegedly strategising on how to take down his foes and retain his office ahead of the 2019 general elections.
PAY ATTENTION: Install our latest app for Android, read best news on Nigeria’s #1 news app
Meanwhile, Legit.ng previously reported that Governor Ibikunle Amosun of Ogun state, on Thursday, November 8, said he had no hand in the reported interrogation of the national chairman of the All Progressives Congress (APC), Adams Oshiomhole, by the State Security Service (SSS).
Amosun, who is currently involved in a political battle with Oshiomhole, following the APC primaries in Ogun state, said contrary to perceptions, he was not involved in the party chairman’s alleged predicament.
NAIJ.com (naija.ng) -> Legit.ng: Same great journalism, upgraded for better service!
About Article Author
Latest Nigeria News
- PDP federal lawmaker defects to APC
- Govt. Shut Down: U.S senate bows under Trump pressure
- Police confiscate 13 houses, 10 cars of kidnapper Collins Ezenwa known as E-Money
- How Trump’s friend facilitated Atiku’s trip to US
- Minimum wage: Council of State approves N30000 for Fed. workers
- Man goes berserk, kills wife, children, 4 others
- High court grants Elzakzaky, wife, access to medical services, adjourns to March 25
- Oshiomhole rubbishes OBJ, Atiku
- Popular Singer buys JAMB forms for 30 students
- ECOWAS, others sets to eliminate child marriage in West Africa
- Obasanjo Laughs With Buhari In Aso Rock Today
- The last of Awo’s cavalrymen
- Obasanjo on new offensive against Buhari
- Investors lose N102bn as NSE All Shares Index declines
- Why 2019 elections will be impossible to rig – INEC
- Again, House of Reps steps down second reading of 2019 Appropriation Bill
- Senate adjourns plenary over absence of Lawmakers
- Barcelona confirm Kevin-Prince Boateng signing
- PSG ordered to include Rabiot in first-team training
- NFF can’t force me to release election forms- Taraba FA Chairman boasts
- 2019: Buhari meets Obasanjo, others at Aso Rock
- Drama As Lagos Assembly Claims Ignorance Of Ambode's 2019 Budget
- Rivers APC Case: Supreme Court's Position
- Story Of UNILAG Graduate Turned Suspected Serial R*pist
- Dino Melaye Shares First Picture After Release From Custody
- Faces Of Car-snatching Syndicate Busted By The Police
- Suspected Ritualist Lynched For Allegedly Eating Faeces
- Obasanjo Trends Over Letter To Buhari... Tinubu, Others Hit Him
- Two Men Break Into Redeemed Church, Steal Church Property
- APC Leaders Are Liars, Reject Them - Atiku
- Nigerian Footballer Sodje & Brothers Jailed In UK For Fraud
- Dino Melaye Detained By Police As They File Fresh Charges
- How I Gave Fayose $5m Cash From Security Fund - Obanikoro
- Just Imagine! This Man Spent 45 Years Of His Life In Prison For A Crime He Didn't Commit
- DAILY INSPIRATION FOR POSITIVE LIVING
- Tradermoni: Aso Rock fires back at Obasanjo
- Cardiff captain, 45 minutes away from death
- Court Stops Buhari, AGF From Removing CJN Onnoghen
- OMG! Man 'Beats Wife To Death' Just 2 Weeks After Giving Birth In Rivers State
- New IGP Adamu Disbands FSARS, Takes More Actions