By Rotimi Ojomoyela
OSOGBO—THE Campaign Organization of Senator Adeleke, yesterday, denied the rumoured death of the Peoples Democratic Party, PDP, governorship candidate, Senator Ademola Adeleke in the last election in Osun state.
The news threw the Ede community, the country home of the politician into a state of confusion as many people trooped to the place to confirm or otherwise of the news.
An online media had in the early part of yesterday went viral with the news captioned ‘Ademola Adeleke Slumps, Dies At Logos Airport’.
It was, however, discovered that the deceased only shared the same names with Senator Adeleke.
Reacting to the news report, Adeleke’s campaign organization said: “Our attention has been drawn to an evil rumour circulating about the state of health of Senator Ademola Adeleke. We affirm that the people’s governor is hale and hearty.
“As a distinguished senator and holder of the people’s mandate, Ademola Adeleke has been attending to statutory duties within and outside his constituency in good health and high spirit. There was no time the Senator suffered health failure either at airport or anywhere else.
“We, therefore, urge our teeming supporters and the good people of Osun state to ignore any fake news purporting health failure on the part of the Senator. It is a product of warped minds and infantile imagination of usurper of peoples’ mandate.
“All hands are on deck to regain the mandate of the people freely given on September 22. We owe Osun people that sacred duty.”
Also reacting, the Deputy National Publicity Secretary of the PPDP, Diran Odeyemi said: “We want to urge Nigerians and rumour peddlers not to wish our candidate dead. We are optimistic that Senator Adeleke will reclaim his mandate in Osun State and liberate Osun people.”
About Article Author
Latest Nigeria News
- PDP federal lawmaker defects to APC
- Govt. Shut Down: U.S senate bows under Trump pressure
- Police confiscate 13 houses, 10 cars of kidnapper Collins Ezenwa known as E-Money
- How Trump’s friend facilitated Atiku’s trip to US
- Minimum wage: Council of State approves N30000 for Fed. workers
- Man goes berserk, kills wife, children, 4 others
- High court grants Elzakzaky, wife, access to medical services, adjourns to March 25
- Oshiomhole rubbishes OBJ, Atiku
- Popular Singer buys JAMB forms for 30 students
- ECOWAS, others sets to eliminate child marriage in West Africa
- Obasanjo Laughs With Buhari In Aso Rock Today
- The last of Awo’s cavalrymen
- Obasanjo on new offensive against Buhari
- Investors lose N102bn as NSE All Shares Index declines
- Why 2019 elections will be impossible to rig – INEC
- Again, House of Reps steps down second reading of 2019 Appropriation Bill
- Senate adjourns plenary over absence of Lawmakers
- Barcelona confirm Kevin-Prince Boateng signing
- PSG ordered to include Rabiot in first-team training
- NFF can’t force me to release election forms- Taraba FA Chairman boasts
- 2019: Buhari meets Obasanjo, others at Aso Rock
- Drama As Lagos Assembly Claims Ignorance Of Ambode's 2019 Budget
- Rivers APC Case: Supreme Court's Position
- Story Of UNILAG Graduate Turned Suspected Serial R*pist
- Dino Melaye Shares First Picture After Release From Custody
- Faces Of Car-snatching Syndicate Busted By The Police
- Suspected Ritualist Lynched For Allegedly Eating Faeces
- Obasanjo Trends Over Letter To Buhari... Tinubu, Others Hit Him
- Two Men Break Into Redeemed Church, Steal Church Property
- APC Leaders Are Liars, Reject Them - Atiku
- Nigerian Footballer Sodje & Brothers Jailed In UK For Fraud
- Dino Melaye Detained By Police As They File Fresh Charges
- How I Gave Fayose $5m Cash From Security Fund - Obanikoro
- Just Imagine! This Man Spent 45 Years Of His Life In Prison For A Crime He Didn't Commit
- DAILY INSPIRATION FOR POSITIVE LIVING
- Tradermoni: Aso Rock fires back at Obasanjo
- Cardiff captain, 45 minutes away from death
- Court Stops Buhari, AGF From Removing CJN Onnoghen
- OMG! Man 'Beats Wife To Death' Just 2 Weeks After Giving Birth In Rivers State
- New IGP Adamu Disbands FSARS, Takes More Actions