Psychiatrist raises alarm over drug abuse among youths in Adamawa; says it’s becoming an issue of concern
– An alarm has been raised over the increasing rate of drug abuse among youths in Adamawa, by the head of the Psychiatric Unit, Yola Specialist Hospital, Dr Marcus Vandi
– He disclosed that the hospital admits over 100 cases with mental and other related health issues
– Vandi advised parents to inculcate good moral upbringing in their children, to enable them to stay away from drugs
Dr Marcus Vandi, head of the Psychiatric Unit, Yola Specialist Hospital, Adamawa, has raised an alarm over the increasing rate of drug abuse among youths in the state.
Legit.ng gathers that he disclosed that the hospital admits over 100 cases with mental and other related health issues.
“The use of psychoactive drugs especially among youths, is becoming an issue of concern.
“On a daily basis, the hospital receives between three to five mental cases; mostly related to drug abuse.”
He said that almost all the patients were males between ages 13 and 55.
Vandi advised parents to inculcate good moral upbringing in their children, to enable them to stay away from drugs.
He said that the hospital lacked modern equipment and adequate personnel and urged the state and Federal Government to support the hospital in these areas.
Recall that Legit.ng previously reported that the National Drug Law Enforcement Agency (NDLEA) command in Adamawa cried out over some youths in the state who use human urine for intoxication.
NDLEA’s commander in Katsina state, Maryam Sani, said that suspected drug dealers no longer stay in the shops, but use their motorcycles and cars to sell drugs, making it difficult for the command to arrest them.
NAIJ.com (naija.ng) -> Legit.ng: Same great journalism, upgraded for better service!
Police arrest ‘sweet sweet’ codeine vendor, suspected cult members – on Legit TV:
About Article Author
Latest Nigeria News
- 10 biggest news stories in Nigeria in 2018, according to Google Trends
- The 11 Best Movies Coming Out in December
- The fall of Man Utd XI
- Court fixes February for bench ruling on Magu’s N5bn libel suit
- Nigeria’s first gold refinery construction begins
- Nigeria sues Shell, Eni $1.1b over Malabu oil license
- Buhari okays 65-year retirement age for teachers
- Preparing our children for the changing nature of work—it’s gigs not jobs in the 21st century
- Lagos International Trade Fair Boss crowned Yeye Oge Ogbere
- Young Girl Breaks Record At National Sport Festival In Abuja
- Buhari Just Told Us The Economy Is In Bad Shape, says Gov Yari
- White Woman Flies From Her Country To Arrest Yahoo Boy Who Duped Her N8m
- Donald Duke Sacked As SDP Presidential Candidate
- Notorious Robbers Busted After Successful Operation (Photos)
- PHOTOS: 102-Year-Old Woman Becomes Oldest Skydiver, Flies Down From The Sky On Birthday
- Exposed: Agency Headed By Buhari's In-law Violating Nigeria's Procurement Law
- Emotional Moment Oby Ezekwesili 'Bursts Into Tears' (Photos)
- Pretty Lady Who Just Graduated Goes Missing (Photos)
- I'm Not Desperate For Power - Buhari Speaks On Electoral Bill
- Popular Pastor Kidnapped In His Church Premises In Calabar
- Rivers APC Saga: Court Asked To Order INEC To Remove APC Candidates' Names
- EFCC Chairman: I'm Glad Senate Didn't Confirm Me, says Magu
- Protest in Lagos as F-SARS Officer kills truck driver over bribe
- Suspected Ritualists Abduct 13-day-old Baby While Mother Was Sleeping
- We Won't Go On Strike - PENGASSAN, NUPENG
- Woman Arrested For Pouring Hot Water On Pregnant Lady
- How Buhari's Veto On Electoral Bill Is Dividing Senators
- Touching Story Of Lady Shot Dead While Trying To Save Her Father From Assassins
- See Deteriorating State Of A Nigerian Magistrate Court (Photos)
- So Sad! Female Corper Reportedly Dies From Health Issues
- PRAYER FOR TODAY
- Young Lawyers Set To Wed Melt Hearts With Pre-wedding Pics
- Saraki attends launch of Trump’s Africa Strategy in US
- Flying Eagles turn back Ghana, reach WAFU Cup semi finals
- Who owns Nigeria football? The investor or the promoter? —Wale Ajayi
- Barewa to face Cowrie at Rugby President Cup final
- Arowolo quits 3SC for politics
- NRA ultimate goal is for Nigeria Referees to officiate at World Cup–Azeez
- Uche Okagbue becomes head coach of FC Ifeanyi Ubah
- Buhari wants teachers’ retirement age raised