Psychiatrist raises alarm over drug abuse among youths in Adamawa; says it’s becoming an issue of concern
– An alarm has been raised over the increasing rate of drug abuse among youths in Adamawa, by the head of the Psychiatric Unit, Yola Specialist Hospital, Dr Marcus Vandi
– He disclosed that the hospital admits over 100 cases with mental and other related health issues
– Vandi advised parents to inculcate good moral upbringing in their children, to enable them to stay away from drugs
Dr Marcus Vandi, head of the Psychiatric Unit, Yola Specialist Hospital, Adamawa, has raised an alarm over the increasing rate of drug abuse among youths in the state.
Legit.ng gathers that he disclosed that the hospital admits over 100 cases with mental and other related health issues.
“The use of psychoactive drugs especially among youths, is becoming an issue of concern.
“On a daily basis, the hospital receives between three to five mental cases; mostly related to drug abuse.”
He said that almost all the patients were males between ages 13 and 55.
Vandi advised parents to inculcate good moral upbringing in their children, to enable them to stay away from drugs.
He said that the hospital lacked modern equipment and adequate personnel and urged the state and Federal Government to support the hospital in these areas.
Recall that Legit.ng previously reported that the National Drug Law Enforcement Agency (NDLEA) command in Adamawa cried out over some youths in the state who use human urine for intoxication.
NDLEA’s commander in Katsina state, Maryam Sani, said that suspected drug dealers no longer stay in the shops, but use their motorcycles and cars to sell drugs, making it difficult for the command to arrest them.
NAIJ.com (naija.ng) -> Legit.ng: Same great journalism, upgraded for better service!
Police arrest ‘sweet sweet’ codeine vendor, suspected cult members – on Legit TV:
About Article Author
Latest Nigeria News
- 2019: Sanwo-Olu, Agbaje take campaign to twitter
- $8.1bn case: MTN knows fate in 2019
- Senate halts confirmation of EFCC nominees
- 2019: Atiku signs Presidential Peace Accord
- UN announces Boko Haram as an entity of particular concern
- Ecobank appoints MFS Africa as digital payment partner
- NDLEA arrest man with 218 kilogrammes marijuana
- Police arrest 51 as worshippers protest for Jewish nation in Abia
- Inter wants Isco
- Ex-City star Yaya contract’s terminated after 5 months
- Man wants divorce after dreaming this
- Why Porto signed me on loan—–Nwakali
- I did not call Sterling a Black C***’ – Abusive Chelsea Fan
- Ex-Super Eagles player, Obinna Nsofor, celebrates Italian citizenship
- Toure dumps club
- Iwobi speaks on dilemma
- Barca equal Bayern’s champions league record
- Manchester City agree deal for USA keeper
- Arraignment of Omokore, other stalled in court
- Buhari's Minister Resigns To Become Traditional Ruler
- Missing Boy Found 2 Years After Abduction, Notorious Female Kidnapper Nabbed
- Kidnappers Are Threatening To Kill This Pregnant Lady Within 24hours Over Money (Photos)
- Face Of Woman Arrested After Mobilizing Thugs To Beat Up Her Security For Demanding His Salary
- Shock As Lady Having S*x With Men For Money Is Murdered For Money Ritual (Photos)
- 'I Will Fight It' - UK's Theresa May faces Vote of No Confidence, may lose her position
- Donald Duke, Sowore, Others React As Only 5 Candidates Are Picked For Presidential Debate
- OMG! Therapist Commits Suicide After Helping Fellow Nigerian Overcome Depression
- PHOTOS: Atiku, Ezekwesili Sign Peace Accord In Abuja
- Trump awarded almost $300,000 in Daniels defamation lawsuit
- Lagos and the garbage question
- Rising political tension responsible for capital market woes – Don
- Yemi Alade breaks internet with her near-nude photos
- Pageantry: 10 Minutes With Winner Of Mr And Mrs. Aviation
- Simi Live In Late Lagos: Good, bad and ugly
- Rich 70yrs Old Alhaji Marries 15-Year-Old Nigerian Girl (Photos)
- Break Traffic Laws In Lagos and Get 3 Years Imprisonment - Lagos Govt. Warns
- 19-Year-Old Nigerian Breaks Record In US Air Force (Photos)
- Buhari Challenged By PDP: Probe Your Associates, Relatives Involved In Corruption
- OBJ Replies Presidency: Allow Me Focus On Supporting Atiku
- Wife Who Killed Nigerian Traditional Ruler Sentenced To Death