Psychiatrist raises alarm over drug abuse among youths in Adamawa; says it’s becoming an issue of concern
– An alarm has been raised over the increasing rate of drug abuse among youths in Adamawa, by the head of the Psychiatric Unit, Yola Specialist Hospital, Dr Marcus Vandi
– He disclosed that the hospital admits over 100 cases with mental and other related health issues
– Vandi advised parents to inculcate good moral upbringing in their children, to enable them to stay away from drugs
Dr Marcus Vandi, head of the Psychiatric Unit, Yola Specialist Hospital, Adamawa, has raised an alarm over the increasing rate of drug abuse among youths in the state.
Legit.ng gathers that he disclosed that the hospital admits over 100 cases with mental and other related health issues.
“The use of psychoactive drugs especially among youths, is becoming an issue of concern.
“On a daily basis, the hospital receives between three to five mental cases; mostly related to drug abuse.”
He said that almost all the patients were males between ages 13 and 55.
Vandi advised parents to inculcate good moral upbringing in their children, to enable them to stay away from drugs.
He said that the hospital lacked modern equipment and adequate personnel and urged the state and Federal Government to support the hospital in these areas.
Recall that Legit.ng previously reported that the National Drug Law Enforcement Agency (NDLEA) command in Adamawa cried out over some youths in the state who use human urine for intoxication.
NDLEA’s commander in Katsina state, Maryam Sani, said that suspected drug dealers no longer stay in the shops, but use their motorcycles and cars to sell drugs, making it difficult for the command to arrest them.
NAIJ.com (naija.ng) -> Legit.ng: Same great journalism, upgraded for better service!
Police arrest ‘sweet sweet’ codeine vendor, suspected cult members – on Legit TV:
About Article Author
Latest Nigeria News
- Governor Akeredolu bags Gold Cup Platinum Award
- Portugal hold Italy; clinch finals spot
- PRAYER FOR TODAY
- Twin Sisters Abducted Days To Their Wedding Regain Freedom After 26 Days In Kidnappers' Den
- How The Ambassador Of Ireland To Nigeria Beat Lagos Traffic
- Obasanjo Sues Radio Presenter for N1bn over Bola Ige Murder
- NYSC Member, 3 INEC Workers, Girl Perish In Fatal Accident
- My Plans For Second Tenure, by Buhari
- Rich Kidnapper Evans: Falana Came To See Me, Police Hid Me Inside Toilet
- APC Victory In Kwara Sweetest, says SGF... PDP Reacts
- Female Student Arrested For Killing Her Own Baby
- Story Of Nigerian Lady Who Got Pregnant For Her Own Father
- Presidency Lists Buhari's Achievements In The Power Sector
- Atiku’s Policy Document: How He Plans To Make Nigeria Work
- Oshiomhole in fresh crisis
- 2019: Atiku sets to launch policy document
- Moghalu picks running mate from Kano
- Igbogbo monarch lauds Salis kindness, Lagos theatre art practitioners declares endorsement
- Sadio Mane has realized he’s world class, says Klopp
- Messi: Rooney, one of the all- time special players
- Moghalu picks running mate from Kano
- NCF: Nigeria may end up a desert
- Nike teams up with Barcelona for 20-year special edition jersey
- Kwara bye-election: Nigeria’s democracy under attack – Saraki
- I See Fornicators, Adulterers Living Large On Social Media... how can I stay faithful?
- Ooni commissions projects to promote culture
- Woman Disgraced After Allegedly Trying To Kidnap A Baby
- Soldiers Rescue Boy Who Was Locked Up With Charm
- The 10 best Premier League signings of 2018/19 so far, including Arsenal, Chelsea, Liverpool, and Everton stars
- I am always ready to represent Nigeria –Kenneth Omeruo
- Germany relegated from Nations League tier
- Pogba chills with Messi; Barca rumours fuel
- Homosexuality most difficult subject to talk in football
- Buhari, Atiku congratulate Super Eagles on 2019 AFCON qualification
- Messi, Ronaldo, Salah & the top 20 scorers of 2018
- Chevron fc is fully ready for Eze United- Godtime Emiko
- Atiku begins campaign
- FG approves N60bn for rice
- Oshiomhole Escapes Moves To Sack Him
- Atiku Begins 2019 Campaign, Launches ‘People’s Policy'