By Onozure Dania
Sterling Oil Exploration and Energy Limited, SEEPCO, has donated relief materials to no fewer than 25 communities in Delta and Bayelsa States affected by the perennial flood as part of its corporate social responsibility.
The flood team leader, Col I. Nuhu, alongside Mr Selebi Tarebi and Gen. Kurata, who visited the effected communities, said the relief materials were meant to cushion the effects of the flooding that destroyed their farmlands and sources of livelihood.
Communities in Delta State where relief materials were distributed are Bomadi, Enekorogha, Kalafiogbene, Ogriagbene, Ebeberegbene and Asaba-Ase, while communities in Bayelsa State where relief materials were donated by SEEPCO were Sagbama, Toru-Otua, Apelebiri, Abodobiri, Adagbabiri, Angalabiri, Tamukunu, Asamabiri and Angiama.
Gen. Kurata who spoke, said SEEPCO feels the pain and suffering occasioned by the flood, stressing that the company will continue to identify with the people in their challenges since they are allies to its operations.
He noted that the communities have been so peaceful with the dealings of the company in ensuring the smooth running of its daily business stressing that, the company wilk always be responsive to its corporate social issues.
Kurata advised the communities to make good use of the cash donation and relief materials to every affected persons .
Mr. Joseph Bekesuoyeibo, Chairman, Bomadi Federated community who was represented by its vice Chairman, who spoke on behalf of other Community Chairmen thanked SEEPCO for coming to their aid and he also tasked the Company to do more in its responsibilities to their impacted communities of operation.
About Article Author
Latest Nigeria News
- Governor Akeredolu bags Gold Cup Platinum Award
- Portugal hold Italy; clinch finals spot
- PRAYER FOR TODAY
- Twin Sisters Abducted Days To Their Wedding Regain Freedom After 26 Days In Kidnappers' Den
- How The Ambassador Of Ireland To Nigeria Beat Lagos Traffic
- Obasanjo Sues Radio Presenter for N1bn over Bola Ige Murder
- NYSC Member, 3 INEC Workers, Girl Perish In Fatal Accident
- My Plans For Second Tenure, by Buhari
- Rich Kidnapper Evans: Falana Came To See Me, Police Hid Me Inside Toilet
- APC Victory In Kwara Sweetest, says SGF... PDP Reacts
- Female Student Arrested For Killing Her Own Baby
- Story Of Nigerian Lady Who Got Pregnant For Her Own Father
- Presidency Lists Buhari's Achievements In The Power Sector
- Atiku’s Policy Document: How He Plans To Make Nigeria Work
- Oshiomhole in fresh crisis
- 2019: Atiku sets to launch policy document
- Moghalu picks running mate from Kano
- Igbogbo monarch lauds Salis kindness, Lagos theatre art practitioners declares endorsement
- Sadio Mane has realized he’s world class, says Klopp
- Messi: Rooney, one of the all- time special players
- Moghalu picks running mate from Kano
- NCF: Nigeria may end up a desert
- Nike teams up with Barcelona for 20-year special edition jersey
- Kwara bye-election: Nigeria’s democracy under attack – Saraki
- I See Fornicators, Adulterers Living Large On Social Media... how can I stay faithful?
- Ooni commissions projects to promote culture
- Woman Disgraced After Allegedly Trying To Kidnap A Baby
- Soldiers Rescue Boy Who Was Locked Up With Charm
- The 10 best Premier League signings of 2018/19 so far, including Arsenal, Chelsea, Liverpool, and Everton stars
- I am always ready to represent Nigeria –Kenneth Omeruo
- Germany relegated from Nations League tier
- Pogba chills with Messi; Barca rumours fuel
- Homosexuality most difficult subject to talk in football
- Buhari, Atiku congratulate Super Eagles on 2019 AFCON qualification
- Messi, Ronaldo, Salah & the top 20 scorers of 2018
- Chevron fc is fully ready for Eze United- Godtime Emiko
- Atiku begins campaign
- FG approves N60bn for rice
- Oshiomhole Escapes Moves To Sack Him
- Atiku Begins 2019 Campaign, Launches ‘People’s Policy'