– Governor Ibikunle Amosun of Ogun state says he is not involved in the alleged interrogation of Adams Oshiomhole by the DSS
– Amosun says if he has any reason to fight, he does so without hiding under one finger
– He says the alleged interrogation of Oshiomhole, the national chairman of the APC, is beyond his powers
Governor Ibikunle Amosun of Ogun state, on Thursday, November 8, said he had no hand in the reported interrogation of the national chairman of the All Progressives Congress (APC), Adams Oshiomhole, by the State Security Service (SSS).
Legit.ng reports that Amosun, who currently has a political battle with Oshiomhole following the APC primaries in Ogun state, said contrary to perceptions, he was not involved in the party chairman’s alleged predicament.
Premium Times reports that after a meeting with President Muhammadu Buhari for the third time in a week, Amosun told journalists that he has no power to order the probe of Oshiomhole.
“I think you are probably giving me an oversight role and I am not a security person, so clearly I think that question will not be for me,” Amosun said adding that he would fight openly if he wants to battle Oshiomhole.
“I don’t have to hide under a finger to fight. If there is need for me to put my views across, you know me by now that I will do it.
“I have told you those things are beyond my pedigree and you are asking me questions that I am not well suited for.
“The one that I have to talk about we have said it loud and clear that it doesn’t even need add anything,” he added.
Earlier reports claim that Oshiomhole suddenly travelled out of Nigeria to the United States of America with speculations that he left Nigeria as a result of the growing tension in the party.
Oshiomhole is currently having a running battle with some governors including Rochas Okorocha of Imo and Abdulaziz Yari of Zamfara.
Legit.ng reported that one of the aggrieved All Progressives Congress (APC) governor, Ibikunle Amosun met with President Muhammadu Buhari inside the Presidential Villa, Abuja, Punch reports.
NAIJ.com (naija.ng) -> Legit.ng. We have updated to serve you better.
About Article Author
Latest Nigeria News
- PDP federal lawmaker defects to APC
- Govt. Shut Down: U.S senate bows under Trump pressure
- Police confiscate 13 houses, 10 cars of kidnapper Collins Ezenwa known as E-Money
- How Trump’s friend facilitated Atiku’s trip to US
- Minimum wage: Council of State approves N30000 for Fed. workers
- Man goes berserk, kills wife, children, 4 others
- High court grants Elzakzaky, wife, access to medical services, adjourns to March 25
- Oshiomhole rubbishes OBJ, Atiku
- Popular Singer buys JAMB forms for 30 students
- ECOWAS, others sets to eliminate child marriage in West Africa
- Obasanjo Laughs With Buhari In Aso Rock Today
- The last of Awo’s cavalrymen
- Obasanjo on new offensive against Buhari
- Investors lose N102bn as NSE All Shares Index declines
- Why 2019 elections will be impossible to rig – INEC
- Again, House of Reps steps down second reading of 2019 Appropriation Bill
- Senate adjourns plenary over absence of Lawmakers
- Barcelona confirm Kevin-Prince Boateng signing
- PSG ordered to include Rabiot in first-team training
- NFF can’t force me to release election forms- Taraba FA Chairman boasts
- 2019: Buhari meets Obasanjo, others at Aso Rock
- Drama As Lagos Assembly Claims Ignorance Of Ambode's 2019 Budget
- Rivers APC Case: Supreme Court's Position
- Story Of UNILAG Graduate Turned Suspected Serial R*pist
- Dino Melaye Shares First Picture After Release From Custody
- Faces Of Car-snatching Syndicate Busted By The Police
- Suspected Ritualist Lynched For Allegedly Eating Faeces
- Obasanjo Trends Over Letter To Buhari... Tinubu, Others Hit Him
- Two Men Break Into Redeemed Church, Steal Church Property
- APC Leaders Are Liars, Reject Them - Atiku
- Nigerian Footballer Sodje & Brothers Jailed In UK For Fraud
- Dino Melaye Detained By Police As They File Fresh Charges
- How I Gave Fayose $5m Cash From Security Fund - Obanikoro
- Just Imagine! This Man Spent 45 Years Of His Life In Prison For A Crime He Didn't Commit
- DAILY INSPIRATION FOR POSITIVE LIVING
- Tradermoni: Aso Rock fires back at Obasanjo
- Cardiff captain, 45 minutes away from death
- Court Stops Buhari, AGF From Removing CJN Onnoghen
- OMG! Man 'Beats Wife To Death' Just 2 Weeks After Giving Birth In Rivers State
- New IGP Adamu Disbands FSARS, Takes More Actions