– Governor Ibikunle Amosun of Ogun state says he is not involved in the alleged interrogation of Adams Oshiomhole by the DSS
– Amosun says if he has any reason to fight, he does so without hiding under one finger
– He says the alleged interrogation of Oshiomhole, the national chairman of the APC, is beyond his powers
Governor Ibikunle Amosun of Ogun state, on Thursday, November 8, said he had no hand in the reported interrogation of the national chairman of the All Progressives Congress (APC), Adams Oshiomhole, by the State Security Service (SSS).
Legit.ng reports that Amosun, who currently has a political battle with Oshiomhole following the APC primaries in Ogun state, said contrary to perceptions, he was not involved in the party chairman’s alleged predicament.
Premium Times reports that after a meeting with President Muhammadu Buhari for the third time in a week, Amosun told journalists that he has no power to order the probe of Oshiomhole.
“I think you are probably giving me an oversight role and I am not a security person, so clearly I think that question will not be for me,” Amosun said adding that he would fight openly if he wants to battle Oshiomhole.
“I don’t have to hide under a finger to fight. If there is need for me to put my views across, you know me by now that I will do it.
“I have told you those things are beyond my pedigree and you are asking me questions that I am not well suited for.
“The one that I have to talk about we have said it loud and clear that it doesn’t even need add anything,” he added.
Earlier reports claim that Oshiomhole suddenly travelled out of Nigeria to the United States of America with speculations that he left Nigeria as a result of the growing tension in the party.
Oshiomhole is currently having a running battle with some governors including Rochas Okorocha of Imo and Abdulaziz Yari of Zamfara.
Legit.ng reported that one of the aggrieved All Progressives Congress (APC) governor, Ibikunle Amosun met with President Muhammadu Buhari inside the Presidential Villa, Abuja, Punch reports.
NAIJ.com (naija.ng) -> Legit.ng. We have updated to serve you better.
About Article Author
Latest Nigeria News
- Governor Akeredolu bags Gold Cup Platinum Award
- Portugal hold Italy; clinch finals spot
- PRAYER FOR TODAY
- Twin Sisters Abducted Days To Their Wedding Regain Freedom After 26 Days In Kidnappers' Den
- How The Ambassador Of Ireland To Nigeria Beat Lagos Traffic
- Obasanjo Sues Radio Presenter for N1bn over Bola Ige Murder
- NYSC Member, 3 INEC Workers, Girl Perish In Fatal Accident
- My Plans For Second Tenure, by Buhari
- Rich Kidnapper Evans: Falana Came To See Me, Police Hid Me Inside Toilet
- APC Victory In Kwara Sweetest, says SGF... PDP Reacts
- Female Student Arrested For Killing Her Own Baby
- Story Of Nigerian Lady Who Got Pregnant For Her Own Father
- Presidency Lists Buhari's Achievements In The Power Sector
- Atiku’s Policy Document: How He Plans To Make Nigeria Work
- Oshiomhole in fresh crisis
- 2019: Atiku sets to launch policy document
- Moghalu picks running mate from Kano
- Igbogbo monarch lauds Salis kindness, Lagos theatre art practitioners declares endorsement
- Sadio Mane has realized he’s world class, says Klopp
- Messi: Rooney, one of the all- time special players
- Moghalu picks running mate from Kano
- NCF: Nigeria may end up a desert
- Nike teams up with Barcelona for 20-year special edition jersey
- Kwara bye-election: Nigeria’s democracy under attack – Saraki
- I See Fornicators, Adulterers Living Large On Social Media... how can I stay faithful?
- Ooni commissions projects to promote culture
- Woman Disgraced After Allegedly Trying To Kidnap A Baby
- Soldiers Rescue Boy Who Was Locked Up With Charm
- The 10 best Premier League signings of 2018/19 so far, including Arsenal, Chelsea, Liverpool, and Everton stars
- I am always ready to represent Nigeria –Kenneth Omeruo
- Germany relegated from Nations League tier
- Pogba chills with Messi; Barca rumours fuel
- Homosexuality most difficult subject to talk in football
- Buhari, Atiku congratulate Super Eagles on 2019 AFCON qualification
- Messi, Ronaldo, Salah & the top 20 scorers of 2018
- Chevron fc is fully ready for Eze United- Godtime Emiko
- Atiku begins campaign
- FG approves N60bn for rice
- Oshiomhole Escapes Moves To Sack Him
- Atiku Begins 2019 Campaign, Launches ‘People’s Policy'