Former Nigeria’s Head of State, President Ibrahim Badamosi Babangida, has described Kaduna state governorship candidate of the Peoples Democratic Party, PDP, Alhaji Isa Mohammed Ashiru as a grounded politician and leader.
The elder statesman praised the political maturity of Alhaji Ashiru when the governorship candidate and his running mate, Barr. Sunday Marshall Katung paid him a visit in his Minna, Niger state, hilltop residence.
He said, Ashiru was a grounded politician and leader, who had the requisite experience and capacity to take Kaduna State to the next level.
IBB, who said he wished the governorship candidate success at the 2019 general elections, assured him of his blessings.
The elder statesman said, “You are a bright leader and from my observation, your team is also bright. Every leader needs a strong, bright team in order to succeed. And I assure you of my blessings.”
Earlier, the governorship candidate, Alhaji Isa Mohammed Ashiru, told the former President that they were at his residence to seek his fatherly advice and prayers as he goes into the electioneering campaigns.
He told the former President of his desire to ensure unity, security and peaceful coexistence in Kaduna State.
He pledged his desire to treat citizens of Kaduna State with dignity and respect without prejudice to tribe and religion if elected as governor of the state come 2019.
About Article Author
Latest Nigeria News
- PDP federal lawmaker defects to APC
- Govt. Shut Down: U.S senate bows under Trump pressure
- Police confiscate 13 houses, 10 cars of kidnapper Collins Ezenwa known as E-Money
- How Trump’s friend facilitated Atiku’s trip to US
- Minimum wage: Council of State approves N30000 for Fed. workers
- Man goes berserk, kills wife, children, 4 others
- High court grants Elzakzaky, wife, access to medical services, adjourns to March 25
- Oshiomhole rubbishes OBJ, Atiku
- Popular Singer buys JAMB forms for 30 students
- ECOWAS, others sets to eliminate child marriage in West Africa
- Obasanjo Laughs With Buhari In Aso Rock Today
- The last of Awo’s cavalrymen
- Obasanjo on new offensive against Buhari
- Investors lose N102bn as NSE All Shares Index declines
- Why 2019 elections will be impossible to rig – INEC
- Again, House of Reps steps down second reading of 2019 Appropriation Bill
- Senate adjourns plenary over absence of Lawmakers
- Barcelona confirm Kevin-Prince Boateng signing
- PSG ordered to include Rabiot in first-team training
- NFF can’t force me to release election forms- Taraba FA Chairman boasts
- 2019: Buhari meets Obasanjo, others at Aso Rock
- Drama As Lagos Assembly Claims Ignorance Of Ambode's 2019 Budget
- Rivers APC Case: Supreme Court's Position
- Story Of UNILAG Graduate Turned Suspected Serial R*pist
- Dino Melaye Shares First Picture After Release From Custody
- Faces Of Car-snatching Syndicate Busted By The Police
- Suspected Ritualist Lynched For Allegedly Eating Faeces
- Obasanjo Trends Over Letter To Buhari... Tinubu, Others Hit Him
- Two Men Break Into Redeemed Church, Steal Church Property
- APC Leaders Are Liars, Reject Them - Atiku
- Nigerian Footballer Sodje & Brothers Jailed In UK For Fraud
- Dino Melaye Detained By Police As They File Fresh Charges
- How I Gave Fayose $5m Cash From Security Fund - Obanikoro
- Just Imagine! This Man Spent 45 Years Of His Life In Prison For A Crime He Didn't Commit
- DAILY INSPIRATION FOR POSITIVE LIVING
- Tradermoni: Aso Rock fires back at Obasanjo
- Cardiff captain, 45 minutes away from death
- Court Stops Buhari, AGF From Removing CJN Onnoghen
- OMG! Man 'Beats Wife To Death' Just 2 Weeks After Giving Birth In Rivers State
- New IGP Adamu Disbands FSARS, Takes More Actions