The is a Group Managing Director of Polaris Bank Limited, Mr. Adetokunbo Abiru has visited Pan Ocean Oil Corporation’s OML-147 flow station at Owa- Alidinma and the Ovade-Ogharefe Gas Processing/LPG Propane Plant II, both in Delta state.
The multimillion-dollar projects which are slated for commissioning in the next few months are set to be game changers in the oil and gas industry. They will contribute immensely to national electricity supply and crude oil output when fully operational.
Under the leadership of Pan Ocean Oil Corporation’s Chairman/ Managing Director, Dr. Festus Fadeyi, OPL 275 (Oil Prospecting Lease 275) was converted to OML 147 (Oil Mining Lease 147) in 2014 to enable drilling for first oil and subsequent production. When full production commences, OML 147 is expected to attain peak output of 11,000 barrels of crude oil and 90 million standard cubic feet of gas per day.
On the other hand, the Ovade-Ogharefe Gas Processing Plant/LPG Propane Plant II will boost electricity supply in the country as it will serve as a close source of lean gas to the NIPP Power Plant sited at Ihobbor, Edo State. The facility will also supply LPG (Liquefied Petroleum Gas) to households across the country.
Speaking during the one-day facilities tour, Mr Abiru, who was accompanied by Mrs. Tutu Alu, Group Head Corporate Banking, Polaris Bank, said, “a lot of work and investment has gone into these projects, based on what I have seen. However, our priority at the moment is the commissioning and the cashflow that will follow.”
Phase II of the Ovade-Ogharefe Gas Processing Plant/LPG Propane Plant is designed to expand gas processing capacity at the plant to 200 million standard cubic feet per day. It incorporates a cryogenic process to deliver bone-dry gas streams, LPG and other natural gas liquid streams for domestic and international use.
According to the Base Operations Manager, Engr. Monday Ikhureigbe, “29 storage tanks are already in place at this facility, they were built to store approximately 194,400 gallons of Propane and 244,640 gallons of Propane/Butane mix (LPG) from an in-feed gas of 200MMSCF/D.”
Also speaking during the tour, Mr Seyi Oladapo, Chief Finance Officer, Pan Ocean Oil Corporation, disclosed that, “the gas plant will help Nigeria as a country further drive its vision of higher LPG penetration, which is an important component of the World Bank’s Sustainable Development Goals.”
Both projects stand out as tall examples of what can be accomplished by Nigerian engineers and banks when resources are properly coordinated. Finance for the projects was provided by a consortium of banks led by Polaris Bank Limited (Former Skye Bank Plc) and although the projects missed their expected dates of completion, there is high certainty that full operation will begin in 2019.
During a visit to the Ovade-Ogharefe Gas Processing Plant last year, the Chairman Senate Committee on Gas Senator Bassey Albert Akpan commended Pan Ocean Oil Corporation for the massive investment the company is putting into actualizing the dream of better utilization of natural gas in the country. “The investment here is quite commendable because in the past these were issues left in the hands of expatriates,” Senator Akpan said at the time.
“At Pan Ocean we strive to advance efficiency, reduce operating expenditure, while maintaining a healthy balance with the environment,” Mr. Amieyeofori Felix, Executive Consultant, Operations, Pan Ocean Oil Corporation, who led the tour of the facilities said. “We are focused on contributing to national development using local resources, this has been a long journey for us as a company and we are glad that our efforts will soon start paying off,” he added.
The gas processing project at the Ovade-Ogharafe oil field is registered under the United Nations Clean Development Mechanism (CDM) of the Kyoto Protocol. The project is designed to reduce greenhouse gas emission by more than two million tons of carbon dioxide annually. CDM allows for greenhouse gas emission reduction from projects in developing countries to be registered and monitored under the UN so that these reductions can be sold to developed couhttps://www.vanguardngr.com/2018/10/nlng-train-7-were-working-with-kachikwu-to-ensure-local-content-n-delta-youths/ntries that have emission limits.
About Article Author
Latest Nigeria News
- Governor Akeredolu bags Gold Cup Platinum Award
- Portugal hold Italy; clinch finals spot
- PRAYER FOR TODAY
- Twin Sisters Abducted Days To Their Wedding Regain Freedom After 26 Days In Kidnappers' Den
- How The Ambassador Of Ireland To Nigeria Beat Lagos Traffic
- Obasanjo Sues Radio Presenter for N1bn over Bola Ige Murder
- NYSC Member, 3 INEC Workers, Girl Perish In Fatal Accident
- My Plans For Second Tenure, by Buhari
- Rich Kidnapper Evans: Falana Came To See Me, Police Hid Me Inside Toilet
- APC Victory In Kwara Sweetest, says SGF... PDP Reacts
- Female Student Arrested For Killing Her Own Baby
- Story Of Nigerian Lady Who Got Pregnant For Her Own Father
- Presidency Lists Buhari's Achievements In The Power Sector
- Atiku’s Policy Document: How He Plans To Make Nigeria Work
- Oshiomhole in fresh crisis
- 2019: Atiku sets to launch policy document
- Moghalu picks running mate from Kano
- Igbogbo monarch lauds Salis kindness, Lagos theatre art practitioners declares endorsement
- Sadio Mane has realized he’s world class, says Klopp
- Messi: Rooney, one of the all- time special players
- Moghalu picks running mate from Kano
- NCF: Nigeria may end up a desert
- Nike teams up with Barcelona for 20-year special edition jersey
- Kwara bye-election: Nigeria’s democracy under attack – Saraki
- I See Fornicators, Adulterers Living Large On Social Media... how can I stay faithful?
- Ooni commissions projects to promote culture
- Woman Disgraced After Allegedly Trying To Kidnap A Baby
- Soldiers Rescue Boy Who Was Locked Up With Charm
- The 10 best Premier League signings of 2018/19 so far, including Arsenal, Chelsea, Liverpool, and Everton stars
- I am always ready to represent Nigeria –Kenneth Omeruo
- Germany relegated from Nations League tier
- Pogba chills with Messi; Barca rumours fuel
- Homosexuality most difficult subject to talk in football
- Buhari, Atiku congratulate Super Eagles on 2019 AFCON qualification
- Messi, Ronaldo, Salah & the top 20 scorers of 2018
- Chevron fc is fully ready for Eze United- Godtime Emiko
- Atiku begins campaign
- FG approves N60bn for rice
- Oshiomhole Escapes Moves To Sack Him
- Atiku Begins 2019 Campaign, Launches ‘People’s Policy'