– Okowa notes that the country is faced woth many challenges but that the citizens of the country must rely on God for solution
– Emmanuel Chukwuma of the Enugu diocese commends Governor Okowa for his achievements and says there is no vacancy in the state
The governor of Delta state, Ifeanyi Okowa, on Thursday, November 8, declared that it is only God that can stop the major challenges in Nigeria just as he urged Christians to consistently pray for Him to intervene in the affairs of the country.
Legit.ng understands that Governor Okowa made the call at the 2018 edition of the Christian Association of Nigeria (CAN) day in the state.
“This is the time to work with God, time to spend a lot of time with God, every Christian should pray for Nigeria for the will of God to manifest; we must be brave, we must pray consistently; there is lot of challenges but, we must call on the power of God because, God is able to stop the herdsmen.
“We need a stronger voice from the federal government for the issue of herdsmen to be reduced to the barest minimum, until that strong directive comes in, the security agencies may not be able to do more than it is currently doing.
“This is the time to trust in God, if as Christians, we genuinely and collectively continue to call on His name, He will answer us and intervene in the affairs of our country,” the governor said in a statement obtained by Legit.ng.
He commended CAN for organising the event, and urged Christians to live holy and exemplary life just as he assured the association of his administration’s partnership.
“Pray for us as a government, pray for us as a state, pray for our nation, Nigeria; the church should come out in their numbers to do the will of God as we go into elections, as we pray for our nation, we should back it with action; we shall be willing partners with the church, just imagine a state without the church of God.” He said.
Emmanuel Chukwuma of the Enugu diocese of the Anglican Communion, said: “Governor Okowa is working, so no vacancy in Delta state Government House in 2019; the church should not lose the essence of prayers, the word of God, you must hold the Bible always.
“If you are a man of God and you are not saying the truth, God will punish you, avoid indecent dressing in church, our church is not club house; we must support our Christian leaders, but, the Christian leaders must listen; stop giving awards to thieves.”
The chairman of CAN, Delta state, Silvanus Okorote, said the association has enjoyed a good relationship with the government.
“We have enjoyed peace these three and half years in Delta State because, God gave us a man after His own heart, Senator Ifeanyi Okowa; the Church has prayed for Dr Okowa to get a second term.
“But, let me remind us that INEC only knows how to count votes, so, get your PVC and support your prayers with it.
“Prayers were offered for different intentions at the occasion which was attended by an array of church leaders and their members.” he said.
Governor Ifeanyi Okowa earlier condemned in strongest terms, the alleged attempt on the life of Ike Ekweremadu, who was attacked alongside members of his family by assailants, at his official residence in Apo, Abuja on Tuesday, November 6.
Is President Buhari Really Doing Badly As Nigeria’s Leader? – Nigeria Street Gist | Legit TV
About Article Author
Latest Nigeria News
- Governor Akeredolu bags Gold Cup Platinum Award
- Portugal hold Italy; clinch finals spot
- PRAYER FOR TODAY
- Twin Sisters Abducted Days To Their Wedding Regain Freedom After 26 Days In Kidnappers' Den
- How The Ambassador Of Ireland To Nigeria Beat Lagos Traffic
- Obasanjo Sues Radio Presenter for N1bn over Bola Ige Murder
- NYSC Member, 3 INEC Workers, Girl Perish In Fatal Accident
- My Plans For Second Tenure, by Buhari
- Rich Kidnapper Evans: Falana Came To See Me, Police Hid Me Inside Toilet
- APC Victory In Kwara Sweetest, says SGF... PDP Reacts
- Female Student Arrested For Killing Her Own Baby
- Story Of Nigerian Lady Who Got Pregnant For Her Own Father
- Presidency Lists Buhari's Achievements In The Power Sector
- Atiku’s Policy Document: How He Plans To Make Nigeria Work
- Oshiomhole in fresh crisis
- 2019: Atiku sets to launch policy document
- Moghalu picks running mate from Kano
- Igbogbo monarch lauds Salis kindness, Lagos theatre art practitioners declares endorsement
- Sadio Mane has realized he’s world class, says Klopp
- Messi: Rooney, one of the all- time special players
- Moghalu picks running mate from Kano
- NCF: Nigeria may end up a desert
- Nike teams up with Barcelona for 20-year special edition jersey
- Kwara bye-election: Nigeria’s democracy under attack – Saraki
- I See Fornicators, Adulterers Living Large On Social Media... how can I stay faithful?
- Ooni commissions projects to promote culture
- Woman Disgraced After Allegedly Trying To Kidnap A Baby
- Soldiers Rescue Boy Who Was Locked Up With Charm
- The 10 best Premier League signings of 2018/19 so far, including Arsenal, Chelsea, Liverpool, and Everton stars
- I am always ready to represent Nigeria –Kenneth Omeruo
- Germany relegated from Nations League tier
- Pogba chills with Messi; Barca rumours fuel
- Homosexuality most difficult subject to talk in football
- Buhari, Atiku congratulate Super Eagles on 2019 AFCON qualification
- Messi, Ronaldo, Salah & the top 20 scorers of 2018
- Chevron fc is fully ready for Eze United- Godtime Emiko
- Atiku begins campaign
- FG approves N60bn for rice
- Oshiomhole Escapes Moves To Sack Him
- Atiku Begins 2019 Campaign, Launches ‘People’s Policy'