In the latest propaganda video released by the Abubakar Shakau faction of Boko Haram, its fighters were seen assembled and driving Hilux vans painted in military colours, wielding assault rifles, as they attacked a military facility in ‘Kumshe’, Borno State.
The attack took place “at 5pm last Sunday, the 4th of November,” a spokesman of the group said.
The attack apparently happened barely 24 hours before ISWAP, a rival faction of Boko Haram, raided a military base in Kukawa Local Government, where dozens of soldiers were reported killed or missing, and lethal military equipment carted away by the terror group.
As the Shekau faction has not been as brazen as ISWAP in the last couple of months, this video may be an attempt by the group to prove that it is still very potent.
The video, nine minutes and 27 seconds long, showed the fighters moving in a convoy of trucks and other fighters on foot, in a fire fight with the military.
The images also showed arms and ammunition it claimed to have seized during the attack and other personal belongings of soldiers, including a photo album with pictures of the leadership of the military, including the photo of late Major General Idris Alkali who was killed recently in Jos and his corpse found in a well.
The group also said its leader, Abubakar Shekau, has featured in a video that will be released soon.
About Article Author
Latest Nigeria News
- Buhari Worried over 2019, to Meet APC Governors, Oshiomhole
- Shell MD Escapes Prison As Appeal Court Nullifies Sentence
- Bishop Oyedepo: 2019 Will Be Peaceful, There Will Be Change For The Better
- Stop Sealing Suspects’ Assets & Render Them Useless - Falana tells EFCC
- 2019: T.Y. Danjuma's Group Meets Today To Pick Consensus Presidential Candidate
- We Will Not Allow Saraki Humiliate Buhari On Electoral Bill - APC Senators Vow
- Trouble: Oil Marketers To Shut Down All Loading Operations By Midnight
- Akpabio: I Brought Emmanuel Udom From Lagos & Made Him Governor
- See What Armed Robbers Did To This Lady In A Bus (Photos)
- 2019: Obasanjo Slams Buhari
- "I Don't Care What People Who Buy My Guns Do With It"
- Saraki To PDP Supporters: Don’t Be Afraid Of Federal Might
- Why I Won't Resign Over EFCC Case - NBA President
- Jubilation As Police Finally Nab Notorious Cult Leader
- PDP Will Never Come Back To Aso Rock, says Osinbajo
- Shock As Newly Married Lady Falls To Her Death While Taking Special Photo
- Muslim Woman Donates Wrappers To Christian Widows For Christmas Celebration
- PRAYER FOR TODAY
- NFF fails to promote NNL clubs that made me resigned —Olopade
- NSF: Charity Izevbokun wins first Gold For Edo — Kehinde Osagiede
- We will strive to raise the bar as the best tournament in Nigeria – Inuwa.
- We will prepare hard and take our chances – Dennerby
- Team Anambra target is ten gold medals —- Emeka Egbutu
- WAFU Cup: Flying Eagles up against Junior Mena
- FG, Abia sign definitive agreements Enyimba Economic City
- FRSC worries about Kaduna-Abuja roads
- 2019: Obasanjo insists he wants Buhari out
- South Africa, Cameroon not downcast
- Only A Fool Will Be Neutral When Nigeria Suffer Incompetence & Nepotism – Obasanjo
- Court May Compel Buhari To Investigate Ganduje's Dollar Bribe
- Electoral Amendment: Majority leader backs Buhari
- Northern Leaders Withdraw Support for Buhari over Revelation by his wife, Aisha?
- Police Beat Up Popular Actor Gideon Okeke In Lagos (Photos)
- Man Disgraced As He Was Caught Trying To Steal Ladies' Pant For Money Ritual in Delta
- FG states resolve on INEC’s security
- Super Falcons to know World Cup foes
- Beach Soccer AFCON: Supersand Eagles tackle Senegal
- Father Mbaka ‘Escapes’ Assassination
- Atiku As 2019 Consensus Candidate: PDP Moves To Get Other Parties' Support
- David De Gea is ranked best goalkeeper