ONDO NORTH PRIMARIES: Senatorial aspirant’s supporters ask APC national leaders to address grievances
By Dayo Johnson, Akure
Supporters of the All Progressives Congress(APC) senatorial aspirant in Ondo State, Prince Adefemi Foluso, have called on the national leaders of the party to address what they called the anomaly that characterised last week primaries of the APC in the state.
Speaking during a rally in Ikare-Akoko, the supporters expressed their grievances on the manner majority of the aspirants were treated at the state and national levels. Spokesperson for the Adefemi Campaign Organisation, Tolu Olowo-Okere, a former Youth Leader of the party, said supporters of Foluso in Ondo North were displeased with the outcome of the senatorial primary of the APC in the area.
Olowo-Okere said they would impress it on their principal, Foluso, to quit APC for another party where their political destiny could be guaranteed unless the manipulation was addressed.
“ We will use all means to convince him to join another party where there is genuine internal democracy and where we can realize our dreams”, he said. “lt is so unfortunate that APC has been hijacked by reactionary forces who are bent on destroying the strong democratic foundations laid by the founding fathers of the party”.
He alleged that APC leaders lacked democratic principles as they disallowed the electorate to choose candidates they preferred.
The aspirant, Foluso, however, said he would make his decision public after meeting with the national leaders of the APC on developments in the party.
About Article Author
Latest Nigeria News
- Kidnappers Are Threatening To Kill This Pregnant Lady Within 24hours Over Money (Photos)
- Face Of Woman Arrested After Mobilizing Thugs To Beat Up Her Security For Demanding His Salary
- Shock As Lady Having S*x With Men For Money Is Murdered For Money Ritual (Photos)
- 'I Will Fight It' - UK's Theresa May faces Vote of No Confidence, may lose her position
- Donald Duke, Sowore, Others React As Only 5 Candidates Are Picked For Presidential Debate
- OMG! Therapist Commits Suicide After Helping Fellow Nigerian Overcome Depression
- PHOTOS: Atiku, Ezekwesili Sign Peace Accord In Abuja
- Trump awarded almost $300,000 in Daniels defamation lawsuit
- Lagos and the garbage question
- Rising political tension responsible for capital market woes – Don
- Yemi Alade breaks internet with her near-nude photos
- Pageantry: 10 Minutes With Winner Of Mr And Mrs. Aviation
- Simi Live In Late Lagos: Good, bad and ugly
- Rich 70yrs Old Alhaji Marries 15-Year-Old Nigerian Girl (Photos)
- Break Traffic Laws In Lagos and Get 3 Years Imprisonment - Lagos Govt. Warns
- 19-Year-Old Nigerian Breaks Record In US Air Force (Photos)
- Buhari Challenged By PDP: Probe Your Associates, Relatives Involved In Corruption
- OBJ Replies Presidency: Allow Me Focus On Supporting Atiku
- Wife Who Killed Nigerian Traditional Ruler Sentenced To Death
- Reactions As Buhari Excludes S-East and S-South From EFCC
- Lekan Shonde asks court to reduce charge to manslaughter over wife's murder case
- Put Nigeria First In Conducting 2019 Election - Buhari to INEC
- Did Oshiomhole Attack Aisha Buhari Over Her Comment?
- Deadly Gunmen Hijack Bus Loaded With Nigerians Travelling
- Thank You For Returning Stolen Funds - Buhari To Swiss Govt
- PRAYER FOR TODAY
- Boki confers first chieftaincy title in 30yrs on UNICAL VC
- This is why north will gain more from restructuring – Kukah
- US dismisses Jonathan’s allegations against Obama
- Youths may use NYSC, degree certificates as collateral for loans
- Army replies ICC over war crimes allegation
- EFCC arrests ex-Skye Bank Chairman for fraud
- Jubilation as police arrest suspected cultist leader in Osun
- Nigeria customs seizes goods worth N2.7 billion within 4weeks
- Buhari writes the Senate on why he declined the electoral amendment bill
- Ex-commissioner of police urges FG to strengthen country’s border
- Why I Did Not Attend Peace Accord Signing In Abuja - Atiku
- Why I Refused To Sign Amended Electoral Bill - Buhari
- I Will Turn Lagos Waters To Money, says Jimi Agbaje
- Buhari, Atiku To Sign Peace Accord