ONDO NORTH PRIMARIES: Senatorial aspirant’s supporters ask APC national leaders to address grievances
By Dayo Johnson, Akure
Supporters of the All Progressives Congress(APC) senatorial aspirant in Ondo State, Prince Adefemi Foluso, have called on the national leaders of the party to address what they called the anomaly that characterised last week primaries of the APC in the state.
Speaking during a rally in Ikare-Akoko, the supporters expressed their grievances on the manner majority of the aspirants were treated at the state and national levels. Spokesperson for the Adefemi Campaign Organisation, Tolu Olowo-Okere, a former Youth Leader of the party, said supporters of Foluso in Ondo North were displeased with the outcome of the senatorial primary of the APC in the area.
Olowo-Okere said they would impress it on their principal, Foluso, to quit APC for another party where their political destiny could be guaranteed unless the manipulation was addressed.
“ We will use all means to convince him to join another party where there is genuine internal democracy and where we can realize our dreams”, he said. “lt is so unfortunate that APC has been hijacked by reactionary forces who are bent on destroying the strong democratic foundations laid by the founding fathers of the party”.
He alleged that APC leaders lacked democratic principles as they disallowed the electorate to choose candidates they preferred.
The aspirant, Foluso, however, said he would make his decision public after meeting with the national leaders of the APC on developments in the party.
About Article Author
Latest Nigeria News
- Atiku: The Opposition Candidate Gaining Momentum In Nigeria 2019 Election Race
- Group faults Atiku, Buhari emergence
- CR7 ,Zidane exits stun Real Madrid star Modric
- Vincent Kompany’s father becomes Belgium’s first black mayor
- Lawan, Akpabio, others in stir bedlam in Senate
- Atiku: 40% Of My Cabinet Will Be Women and Youths
- New Ekiti State Governor Fayemi Declares Free Education
- Pre-wedding Photos Of A Nigerian Couple Who Love Football
- Student centered learning- not focusing on tests
- Italy in the maelstrom of the euro
- Canada legalises Marijuana
- IITA floats five-year plan to raise Nigeria’s cocoa productivity
- House of Rep downsizes Ministerial Cabinet
- NPA has no hand in delay of cargo clearance, says NPA boss
- Nigerian Army to battle cyber-attack-Chief of Army Staff
- Saraki & Akpabio Clash: Senate In Rowdy Session
- Fayose Dares EFCC: If You Have Any Case Let's Go To Court
- Only 8 Parties Have Submitted Lists of Candidates, says INEC
- Single Men and Ladies Already Registering For Olu Famous Rescue-Mission (OFR)
- Long wait for business as TSTV dealers demands for refunds
- Fuel subsidy: Senate launches fresh investigation
- N4.7bn fraud: Fayose has a case to answer, says EFCC
- Nigerian Actor Blossom's Wife Suffers Serious Burns After She Poured Hot Water On Her Body (Photos)
- Throwback Photo Of Patience Ozokwor As A Teenage Girl
- Lagos Landlord Arrested For Defiling Tenant's 5 Sons (Photo)
- Bus Recovered After Plunging Into River; Passengers Missing, Some Rescued Unconscious
- Why We Complained About Peter Obi As Atiku's Vice President
- Jobless Man Nabbed For Allegedly Killing Brother Over Mother's Property
- Nude Bath Video of Osun Lawmaker: Update From The Court
- Woman Steals Her Family Friend's Children... she's on the run
- We won’t accept less than N30,000 minimum wage - Labour
- Politician Accuses Policeman Of Shooting, Breaking His Leg
- APC & Police Colluding To Scuttle My Election Petition – Senator Adeleke
- PRAYER FOR TODAY
- Warri-Itakpe-Ajaokuta Rail Line Completed...
- Lady Reveals How Nigerian Pastor S*xually Assaulted Her In South Africa (Photos)
- Fayose Told By EFCC Officers To Return N1.3Billion & Go Home
- Governor Ganduje Asked To Resign Over Video Of $5m Bribe
- Adeleke Files Petition, Asks Tribunal To Declare Him Governor
- Single Mum Arrested Over N3.8m... she says it’s for her upkeep