The Orogun-born legal luminary made the assertion in a media chat with our correspondent on the state of the nation at his Effurun residence in Uvwie Local Government Area, Delta State.
While commenting on the out come of the governorship elections in Ekiti and Osun states, the Ogba ( strong man) of Orogun Kingdom warned that “the All Progressive Congress, APC, should not try what they did in Ekiti and Osun states in Delta State; Delta State is God’ s divine mandate for the People’s Democratic Party. God is there for us.
Governor Ifeanyi Okowa has so far performed creditably well in spite of the hash economy imposed on Nigerians by the President Muhammadu Buhari ‘s-led APC government . So there is no room for the opposition in Delta State.”
He maintained that the APC-led federal government is becoming unpopular by the day amongst Nigerians as he lamented the current inflation in the prices of stable food stuff of the masses such as rice and garri. He therefore inferred that Nigerians will vote APC out at the federal level in 2019 and that here in Delta State ,they ( APC) will not win a polling unit in 2019.
Commenting on the just concluded PDP primaries in Delta State, Chief Osawota remarked that it was the first time aspirants were given equal level play ground to contest. He therefore urged losers in the contest to accept defeat in the spirit of sportsmanship.
“They should know that all aspirants cannot win at the same time and that they contested under the same party. There is going to be a time for reconciliation. So our focus now is to work towards the success of Governor Okowa and PDP in the 2019 general elections. “
About Article Author
Latest Nigeria News
- What gas flaring costs Nigeria annually- Expert
- Atiku courts Southwest with SGF slot
- How Atiku betrayed Ekweremadu, others
- Labour to embark on another nationwide strike
- Photos Of Fayose At The Airport
- Oshiomhole Cries Out: Powerful Forces Want Me Out Of APC
- "Only Buhari Can Fire Me" - Suspended NHIS Boss Insists
- Man Finds Out His Wife Got Pregnant For 4 Men; DNA Shows He's Not The Father Of Their 4 Kids
- Yahoo Boy Kills Policeman While Trying To Evade Arrest In Delta
- Ex-Chief Justice of Nigeria Idris Kutigi Dies In London Hospital
- I Will Still Contest In 2019 - Senator Shehu Sani
- Fayose Leaves EFCC Office As He Flies To Lagos
- Nigerian Man Weds Beautiful Oyinbo Woman In Style (Photos)
- Buhari Reacts To Killing Of 55 People In Kaduna Violence
- PHOTOS: Nigerian Woman Gives Birth To First Child At 67
- Ambode In Trouble? Plot To Impeach Him Hots Up
- Questions Reuters, Aljazeera, the Economist, AP, others ask Lai about Atiku, PDP
- Omawumi Describes Buhari As "Incompetent Old Man"
- PDP Says Female Appeal Court President Is Close To APC
- Police Officers’ Wives Rescued From Deadly Kidnappers
- PDP Headquarters Gives Tambuwal Sokoto Guber Ticket
- Nigerian Prince Weds 2 Ladies Same Day In Delta (Photos)
- Obanikoro, 16 Others To Testify Against Fayose (DETAILS)
- Mbaka To Atiku: Don't Be Like Buhari If You Become President
- Tonto Dikeh's Sister Drinks Hypo To End Her Life?
- After working for APC; Omisore, Obanikoro, get their passports from EFCC
- Pastor Sleeping With Married Woman? 3 Corpses Found In His House (Photos)
- Dino Reacts To Shehu Sani Leaving APC At the Wrong Time
- More Troubles For Atiku From Igbo Leaders... Saraki intervenes
- Nnamdi Kanu Called Me, He Agreed To Work To Defeat Buhari - Fani-Kayode
- Polio Victim Who Just Finished NYSC Shares Touching Story
- Wife Cries Out As Her Husband Got Married To Another Lady
- PRAYER FOR TODAY
- Ooni's New Wife Leads Praise & Worship In His Palace (Photos)
- Why APC Sen. Shehu Sani defects
- Female Corper Flogged Mercilessly By School Principal
- Shehu Sani Dumps APC... Gives Reasons
- Five-Star Jovic makes Bundesliga history
- Real Madrid striker denies involvement in alleged kidnapping attempt in Paris
- Klopp draws Anthony Joshua comparison in criticism of Nations League