By Akoma Chinweoke
The President General of Igbo Speaking Community in Lagos, ISC, Chief Ebere Ubani, has described the New Yam Festival (Iriji) as an annual solemnity and a platform to showcase the depth and chasm of the enviable Igbo customs and cultural prowess especially, those born away from home, friends of Ndigbo and her host communities.
Ubani, who spoke in Lagos at this year’s new yam festival, said the event has so far formed the fulcrum of ISC strides towards the promotion and dispensing of the rich Igbo customs and cultures in the country and beyond.
He noted that the singular annual rendezvous which has become a carnival of sort, has been very directive and helpful in creating the desired awareness needed for a revitalized Igbo consciousness among the people.
Kano State Govt. inaugurates enrollment drive campaign c’tees
“Therefore, Igbo speaking community in Lagos, places unambiguous and incomparable premium on Iriji festival, as it avails us, the needed opium to interface with the larger Igbo population both from home and within the precinct of Lagos state, which ultimately, enhances our affinity towards a closer tie and oneness as a people.”
He added that under his watch as the ISC president general, the age long steadfastness on promotion of Igbo customs and cultural evangelism, got heightened and it is today yielding the desired dividend through the collective efforts of its teeming members and countless others.
About Article Author
Latest Nigeria News
- FG proposes N8.6trn for 2019, plans tighter fiscal plan
- Nollywood actor, Lawyer task Federal government on qualitative education
- Ekiti: Fayose tackles Fayemi, DMO over debt profile
- Volunteer Medical Corps ready for 2018 conference
- 95% of workers in mega firms think their cybersecurity culture is poor — report
- FG mandates NCC to ensure even distribution of broadband in Nigeria
- Nigeria to cut down on borrowing spree
- Suspended coach back for NFF/CBN competition
- Girl Who Was R*ped By Lecturer & His Son Has Died (Photos)
- Tinubu Buys Part Of Intels Shares From Atiku?
- See Bishop Oyedepo's Mandate Estate (Photos)
- Did You Know? Eating Too Much Fruits Causes Diabetes
- Governor Ganduje In Trouble As Kano Assembly Begins Action
- First Photos of Ooni Of Ife With His Beautiful Bride in His Palace
- Fayose's Lawyer Reveals What He's Doing To Get Him Out
- Buhari Hosts Kannywood Actors In Aso Rock (Photos)
- PHOTOS: Nnamdi Kanu Spotted In Jerusalem
- APC Defies INEC, Submits Candidates For Zamfara
- Dangerous drug for diabetes, cancer in circulation, says NIA
- Oni of Ife sets for another marriage
- 2019: PDP agenda for Saraki forwarded to INEC
- Presidential race 2019: Re-structuring a condition for supporting any candidate – Aare Ganiyu Adams
- Lagos Assembly scraps Visionscape
- Etebo seals image rights deal with Myron Topclass Sport Outfits
- Police arrest fake lawyer for false information
- NFF President,Governor Bako Lalong to receive football awards in South Africa
- PDP Members Protest Over Osun Election Tribunal
- Fraud: NHIS boss reinstated by Buhari suspended indefinitely
- Sacked Policeman & His Gang Arrested Over Woman’s Murder
- Nigerian Students Made Generator Running On Water (Photos)
- Brilliant Student Going Home After Final Exams Dies In Crash
- Ooni Of Ife Unveils His New Beautiful Queen (Photos)
- Polaris Bank battles for survival
- Zenith Bank gross earnings drop
- LCCI lauds Dangote over oil refinery project, others
- Did EFCC Chairman Say Nothing Will Happen If Fayose Die?
- NYSC Member Dies Just A Day Before Passing Out
- Ambode Challenged By Lagos Assembly, As House Orders PSP To Resume Work
- Popular notorious cultist Small Jpron killed in Lagos over Cash from Top Politician
- Buhari's Plan To Win In 2019... How Atiku Will Defeat Him