– Odion Ighalo was in superb form scoring three goals for the Super Eagles
– Super Eagles are now second on the log in Group E with six points
Super Eagles of Nigeria on Saturday, October 13, defeated visiting Libya 4-0 in their third game in Group E of the 2019 African Cup of Nations qualifiers.
Striker Odion Ighalo scored a hat-trick for the Super Eagles in this match, and it was Samuel Kalu that netted the fourth goal for the 3-time African champions.
Nigeria are now occupying second position in Group E following their win over Libya as South Africa stay top of the Group after their 6-0 win over Seychelles.
Below is the live updates of the game between Super Eagles and Libya.
FT…….And that is the end of the match as Nigeria beat Libya 4-0 in Uyo
90′ Three minutes added in this match between Super Eagles and Libya
89′ GOAL……..Super Eagles score their fourth goal through Samuel Kalu
86′ Super Eagles defender Ola Aina down on the pitch with a minor injury
85′ Libya could not score the free kick given to them against the Super Eagles
84′ Super Eagles defender Troost Ekong gets a yellow card for a bad tackle on a Libyan player
83′ Glorious chance there for Henry Onyekuru which could have been another goal for the Super Eagles, but he could not score
’82’ Libya get a free-kick there and it hit the wall
81′ Long pass from Etebo as he tries to find Success, but Libya goalie Mohamed comes out fast to save the ball
80′ Ahmed Musa is now leaving the pitch and he will be replaced by Henry Onyekuru
75′ Odion Ighalo is now leaving the pitch after scoring three goals, and he has been replaced by Isaac Success
73′ Collins should have given a teammate the pass there, but he wanted to score and he wasted the chance
72′ Libya player Ahmed gets a yellow card after a bad tackle on Super Eagles star Jamilu Collins
70′ Good pass there from Ahmed Musa as he tries to find Ighalo again
69′ Chance there for Libya, but Etebo blocked the attack
68′ GOAL……Odion Ighalo scores his hat-trick against Libya after receiving s good pass from Ahmed Musa
66′ That was a wasted chance there from Ndidi and Super Eagles coach Rohr is not happy with him
63′ Striker Ahmed Musa looking space to score for Nigeria, but he was blocked by Libya goalie Mohamed
Nigerian fans inside the stadium are now in good jubilation after Odion Ighalo scored the second goal for the Super Eagles of Nigeria
58′ GOAL……..Iwobi delivers a lovely pass and Odion Ighalo scored his second goal for Nigeria
56′ Alex Iwobi trying to find a teammate there
55′ Libya are trying to make something happen against Nigeria from the midfield, but Etebo blocked their attempt
53′ Salton in number 20 jersey goes out for Libya and Mohamed comes in
52′ Libya coach is about to make a substitute in this game
50′ Great cross from a Libya player, and that would have been their equalizer
49′ The referee blows for offside against the Super Eagles, and Odion Ighalo was the culprit
47′ Chance for Odion Ighalo, but he was blocked by Libya defenders
46′ Great attempt from Ahmed Musa, but Libya goalie Mohamed comes out quick to save
45′ And the referee blows the whistle for the start of the second half
The second half will soon start in the next 15 minutes. Thank you for following
HT: And that is the end of the first 45 minutes as the Super Eagles lead 1-0 against Libya in Uyo
45′ Odion Ighalo trying to make something happen there after receiving a good pass from Ndidi, and he was blocked from playing a shot
43′ Libya player down on the pitch as we approach the end of the first 45 minutes in Uyo
42′ Superb run from Jamiu Collins from the left flank, but he could not score for the Super Eagles
38′ The referee blows an offside against Libya
35′ A Libya player is down on the ground and being attended to
35′ What a miss from Super Eagles’ Jamilu Collins, and that would have been the second goal for the Super Eagles but his effort strikes the crossbar.
34′ CHANCE there for Libya to restore parity, but Super Eagles goalie Francis comes out quick to save
32′ Ahmad Ben Ali gets a yellow card as-well and it means Libya players must be very careful in this match not to get a red card
31′ And Libya player Sand gets a yellow card for improper conduct
28′ Libya are now looking for all possible ways to restore parity in this match
27′ Etebo goes down after a brilliant move in the midfield and it will be another free kick for Nigeria
26′ Free kick for the Super Eagles of Nigeria and let’s see what will come out of this
24′ And the second yellow card of this match goes to Super Eagles star Wilfred Ndidi
22′ The referee stops the match as Libya player is down on the pitch
20′ Chance there for Ahmed Musa, but the referee blows for an offside
19′ Shehu Abdullahi is now going out for the Super Eagles after an injury, and he is going to be replaced by Ola Aina
16′ Super Eagles defender Shehu Abdullahi goes down again
16′ Nigerian striker Odion Ighalo is giving Libya defenders a good fight in this game
15′ Free-kick goes to Libya
14′ Libya player goes down in front of the Super Eagles box looking for a free kick, but the referee ignored
13′ Libya are still in charge of this game with their impressive run in the midfield
12′ Libya are now attacking the Super Eagles, and that could have been their first goal, but Super Eagles goalie Uzoho saved his nation
11′ Another chance there for the Super Eagles, but Etebo could not score as his header fails to go inside the net
9′ Super Eagles striker Odion Ighalo goes down again inside Libya 18 yard box, but the referee refused to give a penalty despite claims by the Nigerian player
6′ And the first yellow card of this game goes to Libya goalkeeper Mohamed Adbaula
5′ Super Eagles defender Shehu Abdullahi is down on the ground and he is currently being attended to
3′ And that is it. Goal for Nigeria as Odion Ighalo scored the penalty
3′ The goalie pulled down Odion Ighalo and the referee awarded a penalty for Nigeria
2′ Oh my Goodness…..what a blunder there from Libya goalkeeper and that should be a penalty
1′ Libya player goes down in the first minute after a tackle from Super Eagles Ndidi
1′ And the referee blows the whistle for the first half in Uyo
The atmosphere is bubbling here in Uyo and the match will soon kick off
And it is now the turn of the Super Eagles to sign their national item
The national item of the Libya national team is going on at the Godswill Akpabio stadium in Uyo
Super Eagles of Nigeria are now out warming up ahead of the 4pm kick off against Libya
Nigerian fans in Uyo are waiting and singing in their loud voice waiting for the Super Eagles to come out from the dressing room. They will wait for the next 30 minutes before the kick off.
Nigeria who are three time African champions will face Libya on Saturday, October 13, in their third 2019 African Cup of Nations qualifier in Uyo.
The Super Eagles did not participate in the last two editions of the Nations Cup, and their qualification for the 2019 edition is still dicey unless they beat Libya for them to go back on track.
Libya are topping the Group with four points together with South Africa, while Nigeria are occupying third position on the standings with three points.
Nigeria’s last game in the 2019 AFCON qualifier was a win over Seychelles, while Libya forced hosts South Africa to a draw in their own match.
Super Eagles captain John Obi Mikel will be missing this match, and news also came out last night that defensive midfielder Ogenyi Onazi will also not be playing because of injury.
Libya on the other hand are unperturbed with injury, but they will only missed their ex coach Adel Amrouche who resigned four days to this game.
Nigeria and Libya have met three times in all competitions with Super Eagles winning two games and lost once against their opponents.
Meanwhile, 4pm is the kick-off for this match between the Super Eagles of Nigeria and Libya, and we will bring you the live updates of the encounter.
Earlier, NAIJ.com had reported how Super Eagles gaffer Gernot Rohr made it clear that he likes eating pounded yam and vegetable soup as his players prepare to face Libya on Saturday, October 13, in Uyo.
The 65-year-old German football manager made this known in an interview he granted in Uyo which was posted to you-tube.
Football Transfers That Shocked The World | Naij.com TV
About Article Author
Latest Nigeria News
- Touching Story Of Lady Shot Dead While Trying To Save Her Father From Assassins
- See Deteriorating State Of A Nigerian Magistrate Court (Photos)
- So Sad! Female Corper Reportedly Dies From Health Issues
- PRAYER FOR TODAY
- Young Lawyers Set To Wed Melt Hearts With Pre-wedding Pics
- Saraki attends launch of Trump’s Africa Strategy in US
- Flying Eagles turn back Ghana, reach WAFU Cup semi finals
- Who owns Nigeria football? The investor or the promoter? —Wale Ajayi
- Barewa to face Cowrie at Rugby President Cup final
- Arowolo quits 3SC for politics
- NRA ultimate goal is for Nigeria Referees to officiate at World Cup–Azeez
- Uche Okagbue becomes head coach of FC Ifeanyi Ubah
- Buhari wants teachers’ retirement age raised
- Brilliant Female Graduates Break 21-Year Record At Obafemi Awolowo University
- Donald Duke's Running Mate, Junaid Mohammed Quits
- Mother & 15yrs Old Daughter Sleeping With Ex-Commissioner... he has been arrested over the girl's pregnancies, abortions
- Dunamis Church Donates Relief Materials To IDPs
- PDP alleges plans by FG to cripple PDP-controlled states
- Senate Confirms Keyamo, other nominees for NDIC Board
- Environment Minister, Ibrahim Jubril Resigns
- Kogi legislator loses seat for defecting to PDP
- Ambode is my Politician of the Year – Shettima
- More troubles for Trump as court jails associate for fraud
- NB Plc to apologise over misleading information on product
- Husband, Wife, Mother-in-law Arraigned For Stealing N2.4m
- Ex-SGF Babachir In Aso Rock, 13 Months After Sack
- Beautiful Pre-wedding Photos Of A Sailor & His Fiancée
- 24 Yahoo Boys Busted By EFCC Arraigned In Court (Photos)
- Aisha Buhari Hosts Nigerian Entertainers In Aso Rock (Photos)
- Shock As Woman Is Caught Trying To Behead Her Daughter In Delta (Photos)
- Driver Who Absconded With Boss' Vehicle Busted
- First Gold Refinery In Nigeria Coming Up
- Polytechnic Lecturers Begin Indefinite Strike
- See Ammunitions Soldiers Recover From Gunrunners
- FIRS Generates N5trn So Far In 2018, Sets Take Break Record
- Woman Cries After Man Brings Police To Take Over Her Father's House A Week After His Death
- You Were Handpicked To Contest - Jimi Agbaje tells Sanwo-Olu
- My Wife Died During A Fight In My Dream, says man seeking for divorce in Lagos
- PRAYER FOR TODAY
- APC Will Pay Dearly For Stopping Me - Minister Adebayo Shittu