The APC candidate said his policies and programmes would be based on the yearnings and aspirations of the people.
He added that he would always keep a listening ear in serving the state.
Sanwo-Olu, who spoke in Yoruba, said he was seeking the number one seat in the state out of the passion to serve the people and take the state to greater heights.
”I am in the governorship race because I want to serve the people.
”I promise, when we are elected by the Grace of God, I shall run a government based on the aspirations of the people.
”I will be a listening governor. I will attend to the needs of the people.
”I am here to serve and I will do my best to take the state to greater heights,” he said.
While appreciating party members for electing him as candidate in the just concluded primaries, Sanwo-Olu said he believed his choice was out of the confidence they had in him to address issues needing attention.
The candidate, however, urged members to brace up for the challenges ahead by mobilising members and residents to secure victory in 2019.
Sanwo-Olu urged members to put the primaries behind them and work together to ensure that APC was victorious in 2019.
“I thank you for supporting me to get this far. I am very grateful and I will not disappoint you.
“But the task ahead is bigger; it is no more a party affair, but we are going to the general election.
“So, I want to appeal to you that we start our preparations right from now.
”We should reach out to everyone and carry out this project together.
“We should put the issues of primaries behind us and stay together.
”I know some people might feel bad that they could not realise one aspiration or the other, it is natural.
“But we need to put all of that behind us and bring everyone on the train to ensure victory in 2019.”
Sanwo-Olu said APC had earned the confidence of residents through the delivery of democratic dividends.
Chief Rabiu Oluwa, Lagos West Senatorial Leader of the party, described Sanwo-Olu as a man with the passion and the vision to move Lagos forward.
He said party members had confidence in him, hence his emergence as the governorship candidate.
Oluwa urged party members to continue to support the candidate to ensure victory in 2019.
Also speaking, the South-West Zonal Woman Leader of the party, Mrs Kemi Nelson, urged party members to redouble efforts to ensure victory for the party.
Nelson appealed to party members not to underrate the opposition, but that they should see the Sanwo-Olu project as one in which they had to give their best.
“We should not underrate the opposition at all; we should not pretend they are not there.
”We should work, work and work hard and do our best to ensure victory for our candidate and our party,” she said.
Nelson said she would mobilise women to ensure the candidate win overwhelmingly.
Newsmen report that Dr Obafemi Hamzat, a former Commissioner of Works and Chief Henry Ajomale, the immediate past chairman of the party in the state, were present at the gathering.
A member of the party’s Governor’s Advisory Council (GAC), Dr Abayomi Finnih, was also present among other members.
About Article Author
Latest Nigeria News
- Kidnappers Are Threatening To Kill This Pregnant Lady Within 24hours Over Money (Photos)
- Face Of Woman Arrested After Mobilizing Thugs To Beat Up Her Security For Demanding His Salary
- Shock As Lady Having S*x With Men For Money Is Murdered For Money Ritual (Photos)
- 'I Will Fight It' - UK's Theresa May faces Vote of No Confidence, may lose her position
- Donald Duke, Sowore, Others React As Only 5 Candidates Are Picked For Presidential Debate
- OMG! Therapist Commits Suicide After Helping Fellow Nigerian Overcome Depression
- PHOTOS: Atiku, Ezekwesili Sign Peace Accord In Abuja
- Trump awarded almost $300,000 in Daniels defamation lawsuit
- Lagos and the garbage question
- Rising political tension responsible for capital market woes – Don
- Yemi Alade breaks internet with her near-nude photos
- Pageantry: 10 Minutes With Winner Of Mr And Mrs. Aviation
- Simi Live In Late Lagos: Good, bad and ugly
- Rich 70yrs Old Alhaji Marries 15-Year-Old Nigerian Girl (Photos)
- Break Traffic Laws In Lagos and Get 3 Years Imprisonment - Lagos Govt. Warns
- 19-Year-Old Nigerian Breaks Record In US Air Force (Photos)
- Buhari Challenged By PDP: Probe Your Associates, Relatives Involved In Corruption
- OBJ Replies Presidency: Allow Me Focus On Supporting Atiku
- Wife Who Killed Nigerian Traditional Ruler Sentenced To Death
- Reactions As Buhari Excludes S-East and S-South From EFCC
- Lekan Shonde asks court to reduce charge to manslaughter over wife's murder case
- Put Nigeria First In Conducting 2019 Election - Buhari to INEC
- Did Oshiomhole Attack Aisha Buhari Over Her Comment?
- Deadly Gunmen Hijack Bus Loaded With Nigerians Travelling
- Thank You For Returning Stolen Funds - Buhari To Swiss Govt
- PRAYER FOR TODAY
- Boki confers first chieftaincy title in 30yrs on UNICAL VC
- This is why north will gain more from restructuring – Kukah
- US dismisses Jonathan’s allegations against Obama
- Youths may use NYSC, degree certificates as collateral for loans
- Army replies ICC over war crimes allegation
- EFCC arrests ex-Skye Bank Chairman for fraud
- Jubilation as police arrest suspected cultist leader in Osun
- Nigeria customs seizes goods worth N2.7 billion within 4weeks
- Buhari writes the Senate on why he declined the electoral amendment bill
- Ex-commissioner of police urges FG to strengthen country’s border
- Why I Did Not Attend Peace Accord Signing In Abuja - Atiku
- Why I Refused To Sign Amended Electoral Bill - Buhari
- I Will Turn Lagos Waters To Money, says Jimi Agbaje
- Buhari, Atiku To Sign Peace Accord