2019: We must work as one in order to deliver APC because it is not going to be easy – Ibekaku-Nwagwu
Enugu – Mrs Juliet Ibekaku-Nwagwu, Special Adviser to President Muhammadu Buhari on Justice Sector Reform, says the All Progressives Congress (APC) in Enugu State cannot afford to go into elections divided.
Ibekaku-Nwagwu said this on Saturday in Enugu during a reception in her honour by members of the party in Enugu West Senatorial zone of the state.
The presidential aide has called on members of the party to close ranks and work as a united family.
The party has been torn by factions in the state due to leadership tussle.
The presidential aide, who is also the candidate of the party for the Enugu West Senatorial election, appealed to those that lost in the nomination process to support her ambition.
She expressed willingness to work with all members of the party to ensure a good outing come 2019 election, adding “If I had lost in the nomination process I would have supported them.
“We must work as one in order to deliver the party because it is not going to be easy. This is the time that we need everybody and regardless of what people are saying we need to make peace,” she said.
Ibekaku-Nwagwu said that the Buhari administration had made the job a lot easier for them through the massive infrastructure upgrade in the zone.
“The popularity of the president in this area has grown due to the various projects he has cited here. Our people now know the difference and will appreciate him in due time,” she said.
She said Enugu West Senatorial Zone which had been represented by the Deputy President of the Senate, Chief Ike Ekweremadu, needed a new lease of life.
She said that the past 16 years had been tales of woes by the constituents, adding that the people of the area must be freed.
Earlier, the Woman Leader of the party in the area, Mrs Theresa Okolie, said that the people of the area had no choice than to support the APC.
Okolie said that they needed a representative that would be accountable to the people.
The woman leader said it was sad that in spite of the position of their current representative in the Red Chambers “our infrastructure has not improved and the living condition of our people is bad”.
She said that over the years, development had been skewed in favour of a particular area, leading to deplorable infrastructure in most areas.
Also, the Parish Priest of St. Joseph Catholic Church, Ibite Okpatu, Rev. Fr. John Amadi, said that the zone needed to have a change of their representative at the senate.
Amadi said it was unacceptable that one man would be angling to be in the senate for 20 years without much to show for it.
“For instance, we have seen quite a little development in Udi Local Government Area over these years. The people should come together to choose a candidate that will be there for everybody,” Amadi said. (NAN)
About Article Author
Latest Nigeria News
- What gas flaring costs Nigeria annually- Expert
- Atiku courts Southwest with SGF slot
- How Atiku betrayed Ekweremadu, others
- Labour to embark on another nationwide strike
- Photos Of Fayose At The Airport
- Oshiomhole Cries Out: Powerful Forces Want Me Out Of APC
- "Only Buhari Can Fire Me" - Suspended NHIS Boss Insists
- Man Finds Out His Wife Got Pregnant For 4 Men; DNA Shows He's Not The Father Of Their 4 Kids
- Yahoo Boy Kills Policeman While Trying To Evade Arrest In Delta
- Ex-Chief Justice of Nigeria Idris Kutigi Dies In London Hospital
- I Will Still Contest In 2019 - Senator Shehu Sani
- Fayose Leaves EFCC Office As He Flies To Lagos
- Nigerian Man Weds Beautiful Oyinbo Woman In Style (Photos)
- Buhari Reacts To Killing Of 55 People In Kaduna Violence
- PHOTOS: Nigerian Woman Gives Birth To First Child At 67
- Ambode In Trouble? Plot To Impeach Him Hots Up
- Questions Reuters, Aljazeera, the Economist, AP, others ask Lai about Atiku, PDP
- Omawumi Describes Buhari As "Incompetent Old Man"
- PDP Says Female Appeal Court President Is Close To APC
- Police Officers’ Wives Rescued From Deadly Kidnappers
- PDP Headquarters Gives Tambuwal Sokoto Guber Ticket
- Nigerian Prince Weds 2 Ladies Same Day In Delta (Photos)
- Obanikoro, 16 Others To Testify Against Fayose (DETAILS)
- Mbaka To Atiku: Don't Be Like Buhari If You Become President
- Tonto Dikeh's Sister Drinks Hypo To End Her Life?
- After working for APC; Omisore, Obanikoro, get their passports from EFCC
- Pastor Sleeping With Married Woman? 3 Corpses Found In His House (Photos)
- Dino Reacts To Shehu Sani Leaving APC At the Wrong Time
- More Troubles For Atiku From Igbo Leaders... Saraki intervenes
- Nnamdi Kanu Called Me, He Agreed To Work To Defeat Buhari - Fani-Kayode
- Polio Victim Who Just Finished NYSC Shares Touching Story
- Wife Cries Out As Her Husband Got Married To Another Lady
- PRAYER FOR TODAY
- Ooni's New Wife Leads Praise & Worship In His Palace (Photos)
- Why APC Sen. Shehu Sani defects
- Female Corper Flogged Mercilessly By School Principal
- Shehu Sani Dumps APC... Gives Reasons
- Five-Star Jovic makes Bundesliga history
- Real Madrid striker denies involvement in alleged kidnapping attempt in Paris
- Klopp draws Anthony Joshua comparison in criticism of Nations League