BY UGOCHUKWU ALARIBE
ABA – The Biafra Independence Movement, BIM, has given a 7 day ultimatum to All Progressive Grand Alliance, APGA, to remove all images of the late Biafran Leader, Dim Chukwuwemeka Odumegwu Ojukwu, from its billboards and other campaign materials.
Addressing a press conference in Aba, Abia State, BIM zonal leaders in Abia South, Abia Central and Abia North, Mazi Fred Onyenaucheya, Chief Obi Anyaogu and Pastor Evans Okoronkwo, respectively, among others, said the ultimatum handed to APGA follows what it described as the disrespect shown to the late Biafran leader whose wife, Bianca, was denied the Anambra South senatorial ticket by the party.
The Movement insisted that Ojukwu’s widow deserves an automatic senatorial ticket from APGA as a result of her husband’s selfless contributions to the party in the country.
“We are giving a 7 day ultimatum to APGA to remove Dim Chukwuemeka Ojukwu’s image from their billboards and other campaign materials. They have been using Ojukwu’s images to campaign and win elections, but denied his widow a senatorial ticket. Ojukwu’s name is good for them to pass election while his widow is not good to fly the APGA senatorial ticket.
“Now, they have denied his widow a senatorial ticket, they should detach his images from their party and allow him to rest in peace. Senator Victor Umeh was affirmed as the APGA senatorial candidate for Anambra Central, what’s wrong in handing the Anambra South senatorial ticket to Bianca Ojukwu as a mark of respect for the Late Biafran Leader, Dim Odumegwu Ojukwu?
“Ojukwu is the same with his wife, there is no difference between them. Bianca represents Ojukwu. You cannot pretend to respect Ojukwu while disrespecting his widow, Bianca. BIM is saddened with the ill treatment meted out to Bianca by APGA. This is why we have given them 7 days to detach Ojukwu’s images from their party.”
BIM further warned APGA should stop parading itself as an Igbo party, stressing that no Igbo party would disrespect Ojukwu as APGA had done.
“What APGA did in denying Bianca the Anambra South senatorial ticket is tantamount to spitting on Ojukwu’s grave. No sensible Igbo man or party would show such disrespect to Ojukwu. As APGA has done. This proves that that APGA is no longer an Igbo party as it claims. The party should parading itself as an Igbo party.”
About Article Author
Latest Nigeria News
- Buhari’ll Win South-East Despite Obi’s Nomination – Okorocha's Son-in-Law
- Leaked Video Of Governor 'Receiving Bribe': Kano Govt. Reacts
- Suspected Robber Arrested 5 Days After Release From Prison
- Falana, Others To Buhari: Withdraw That Travel Ban Order
- We'll Support PDP in 2019 Because of Peter Obi - Ndigbo Youths assure Atiku
- Bride Looking Unhappy At Her Wedding
- Coach Paul Aigbogu denies link to Akwa United job
- Sarri’s Touchline Chat with Klopp revealed
- Atiku and Peter Obi at Obi Of Onitsha's Palace
- Fayose Ends Tenure In Tears, Heads To Abuja To Face EFCC
- I Stole Because Of My Girlfriend's Upkeep — Jobless Youth
- OMG! This Beautiful Lady May Be Killed Today By Boko Haram
- Buhari Excluded Omisore, Obanikoro From Travel Ban List?
- Mother Breaks Her Son’s Head Over N50 Meal In Lagos (Pics)
- Accept Peter Obi as Atiku’s VP, Jonathan tells Igbo PDP leaders
- Go To Court If You Like - Presidency tells critics of Travel Ban
- Truck Driver Loses Control, Crushes Married Woman To Death
- The Rise Of Peter Obi
- Okonjo-Iweala Debunks Reports Of Endorsing Buhari
- I Never Took A Dime From Any Political Candidate - Oyedepo
- PRAYER FOR TODAY
- Travel ban: Atiku, Falana whack Buhari
- Ighalo redeems his image in Super Eagles
- Patrick Baumann,rising star in Olympic circles, dies at 51
- Nigerian Army football team wins National League, gains promotion
- 60,000 children die yearly of Diarrhea in Nigeria, says WaterAid
- 2019: Buhari begins massive clampdown on opposition
- Crawford retains WBO Welterweight title against Jose Benavidez Jr
- Atiku Reacts To Buhari's Controversial Travel Ban List
- Why I reconciled Atiku with Obasanjo- Sheikh Gumi
- Top NPFL stars YSFON U-18, set for AMAPRO 2018
- Cassano retires seven days after he started training with Virtus Entella
- See How Buhari & Atiku Will Likely Share Votes In 2019
- Buhari’s executive order is repressive, illegal, says SERAP
- EFCC intercepts illegal gold export at Airport
- EFCC seizes N1b gold at Abuja airport, goes after rich suspects
- Photo From Atiku's Meeting With British High Commissioner
- The acquiescence of the Nigerian police: A case of conspiracy to assassinate Sen. Dino Melaye
- NFF leadership crisis behind Super Eagles poor display –Sharu
- Igbo leaders challenge Atiku’s nomination of Obi as running mate