South-South Nigeria Will Vote For Atiku Abubakar Because He Has Promised To Restructure Nigera, Elder Statesman, Edwin Clark, Says
He said Atiku Abubakar will be voted because of his promise to restructure the country.
Clark said the insecurity in the country presently was worse than the Civil War era in 1967.
He spoke this when he received the PDP ex-Councillors Forum in his house in Abuja.
He said, “We from the South-South will never vote for any candidate who does not believe in the restructuring of Nigeria. That is the secret behind Atiku’s success. When you restructure this country, we will all be equal and develop ourselves with the resources from our area at our pace.
“The killings in this country are too many. This is an everyday phenomenon. The Boko Haram menace is there, and there are people who are encouraging them.
“You also have the AK-47-carrying herdsmen; people are still being killed in Plateau and Benue states. The killings going on in Nigeria today are more than the killings that took place during the Civil War between 1967 and 1970.
“Every government is elected to provide security and welfare to the people. But this is not what we have presently.
“You are fighting corruption. Which corruption? Which corruption when only your enemies are being arrested? This country belongs to all of us. No one has the right to rule it alone.
“We want a detribalised President. We have come to a stage where we should have someone who is competent and respects every tribe and region.
“We made so many mistakes in 2015. PDP alone had about 12 presidential aspirants in the recent convention. We at the Southern Nigeria and Middle Belt Forum decided to interview the aspirants.
“Most of them were former state governors, ministers and senators. We sat with them in this house every day at that time. At the end, we knew the person to consider and we took the battle to Port Harcourt (Rivers State).”
About Article Author
Latest Nigeria News
- Pretty Lady Who Just Graduated Goes Missing (Photos)
- I'm Not Desperate For Power - Buhari Speaks On Electoral Bill
- Popular Pastor Kidnapped In His Church Premises In Calabar
- Rivers APC Saga: Court Asked To Order INEC To Remove APC Candidates' Names
- EFCC Chairman: I'm Glad Senate Didn't Confirm Me, says Magu
- Protest in Lagos as F-SARS Officer kills truck driver over bribe
- Suspected Ritualists Abduct 13-day-old Baby While Mother Was Sleeping
- We Won't Go On Strike - PENGASSAN, NUPENG
- Woman Arrested For Pouring Hot Water On Pregnant Lady
- How Buhari's Veto On Electoral Bill Is Dividing Senators
- Touching Story Of Lady Shot Dead While Trying To Save Her Father From Assassins
- See Deteriorating State Of A Nigerian Magistrate Court (Photos)
- So Sad! Female Corper Reportedly Dies From Health Issues
- PRAYER FOR TODAY
- Young Lawyers Set To Wed Melt Hearts With Pre-wedding Pics
- Saraki attends launch of Trump’s Africa Strategy in US
- Flying Eagles turn back Ghana, reach WAFU Cup semi finals
- Who owns Nigeria football? The investor or the promoter? —Wale Ajayi
- Barewa to face Cowrie at Rugby President Cup final
- Arowolo quits 3SC for politics
- NRA ultimate goal is for Nigeria Referees to officiate at World Cup–Azeez
- Uche Okagbue becomes head coach of FC Ifeanyi Ubah
- Buhari wants teachers’ retirement age raised
- Brilliant Female Graduates Break 21-Year Record At Obafemi Awolowo University
- Donald Duke's Running Mate, Junaid Mohammed Quits
- Mother & 15yrs Old Daughter Sleeping With Ex-Commissioner... he has been arrested over the girl's pregnancies, abortions
- Dunamis Church Donates Relief Materials To IDPs
- PDP alleges plans by FG to cripple PDP-controlled states
- Senate Confirms Keyamo, other nominees for NDIC Board
- Environment Minister, Ibrahim Jubril Resigns
- Kogi legislator loses seat for defecting to PDP
- Ambode is my Politician of the Year – Shettima
- More troubles for Trump as court jails associate for fraud
- NB Plc to apologise over misleading information on product
- Husband, Wife, Mother-in-law Arraigned For Stealing N2.4m
- Ex-SGF Babachir In Aso Rock, 13 Months After Sack
- Beautiful Pre-wedding Photos Of A Sailor & His Fiancée
- 24 Yahoo Boys Busted By EFCC Arraigned In Court (Photos)
- Aisha Buhari Hosts Nigerian Entertainers In Aso Rock (Photos)
- Shock As Woman Is Caught Trying To Behead Her Daughter In Delta (Photos)