President Muhammadu Buhari
The presidency has announced the placement of 50 high-profile Nigerians on travelling restrictions.
The individuals, whose identities were not disclosed, include those whose assets, valued at N50million and above, are subject of corruption investigation and litigation.
The statement by presidential spokesperson, Garba Shehu, said the measure is part of the implementation of Executive Order Number 6 which seeks to ensure “that all assets within a minimum value of N50 million or equivalent, subject to investigation or litigation are protected from dissipation by employing all available lawful means, pending the final determination of any corruption-related matter.”
Read the statement in full below;
PRESIDENT BUHARI DIRECTS IMPLEMENTATION OF EO 6 IN FULL FORCE
Following the instant judicial affirmation of the constitutionality and legality of the Executive Order 6 (EO6), President Muhammadu Buhari has mandated the Attorney-General of the Federation and the Minister of Justice to implement the Order in full force.
To this end, a number of enforcement procedures are currently in place by which the Nigeria Immigration Service and other security agencies have placed no fewer than 50 high profile persons directly affected by EO6 on watch-list and restricted them from leaving the county pending the determination of their cases.
Also, the financial transactions of these persons of interest are being monitored by the relevant agencies to ensure that the assets are not dissipated and such persons do not interfere with, nor howsoever corrupt the investigation and litigation processes.
It is instructive to note that EO6 was specifically directed to relevant law enforcement agencies to ensure that all assets within a minimum value of N50 million or equivalent, subject to investigation or litigation are protected from dissipation by employing all available lawful means, pending the final determination of any corruption-related matter.
The Buhari administration reassures all well-meaning and patriotic Nigerians of its commitment to the fight against corruption, in accordance with the 1999 Constitution (as amended) and the general principles of the Rule of Law.
Accordingly, this administration will uphold the rule of law in all its actions and the right of citizens would be protected as guaranteed by the Constitution.
We, therefore, enjoin all Nigerians to cooperate with the law enforcement authorities towards ensuring a successful implementation of the Executive Order 6 which is a paradigm-changing policy of the Federal Government in the fight against corruption.
Senior Special Assistant to the President
(Media & Publicity)
October 13, 2018
About Article Author
Latest Nigeria News
- Touching Story Of Lady Shot Dead While Trying To Save Her Father From Assassins
- See Deteriorating State Of A Nigerian Magistrate Court (Photos)
- So Sad! Female Corper Reportedly Dies From Health Issues
- PRAYER FOR TODAY
- Young Lawyers Set To Wed Melt Hearts With Pre-wedding Pics
- Saraki attends launch of Trump’s Africa Strategy in US
- Flying Eagles turn back Ghana, reach WAFU Cup semi finals
- Who owns Nigeria football? The investor or the promoter? —Wale Ajayi
- Barewa to face Cowrie at Rugby President Cup final
- Arowolo quits 3SC for politics
- NRA ultimate goal is for Nigeria Referees to officiate at World Cup–Azeez
- Uche Okagbue becomes head coach of FC Ifeanyi Ubah
- Buhari wants teachers’ retirement age raised
- Brilliant Female Graduates Break 21-Year Record At Obafemi Awolowo University
- Donald Duke's Running Mate, Junaid Mohammed Quits
- Mother & 15yrs Old Daughter Sleeping With Ex-Commissioner... he has been arrested over the girl's pregnancies, abortions
- Dunamis Church Donates Relief Materials To IDPs
- PDP alleges plans by FG to cripple PDP-controlled states
- Senate Confirms Keyamo, other nominees for NDIC Board
- Environment Minister, Ibrahim Jubril Resigns
- Kogi legislator loses seat for defecting to PDP
- Ambode is my Politician of the Year – Shettima
- More troubles for Trump as court jails associate for fraud
- NB Plc to apologise over misleading information on product
- Husband, Wife, Mother-in-law Arraigned For Stealing N2.4m
- Ex-SGF Babachir In Aso Rock, 13 Months After Sack
- Beautiful Pre-wedding Photos Of A Sailor & His Fiancée
- 24 Yahoo Boys Busted By EFCC Arraigned In Court (Photos)
- Aisha Buhari Hosts Nigerian Entertainers In Aso Rock (Photos)
- Shock As Woman Is Caught Trying To Behead Her Daughter In Delta (Photos)
- Driver Who Absconded With Boss' Vehicle Busted
- First Gold Refinery In Nigeria Coming Up
- Polytechnic Lecturers Begin Indefinite Strike
- See Ammunitions Soldiers Recover From Gunrunners
- FIRS Generates N5trn So Far In 2018, Sets Take Break Record
- Woman Cries After Man Brings Police To Take Over Her Father's House A Week After His Death
- You Were Handpicked To Contest - Jimi Agbaje tells Sanwo-Olu
- My Wife Died During A Fight In My Dream, says man seeking for divorce in Lagos
- PRAYER FOR TODAY
- APC Will Pay Dearly For Stopping Me - Minister Adebayo Shittu