The News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) report that Buhari was represented by the Chief of Air Staff, Air Marshall Sadiq Abubakar.
“You must subordinate yourself to civil authority and protect our growing democracy. Also, you should be vigilant and guard your utterances and conducts at all times. You should always remember that good civil-military relations is key to addressing some of our national security challenges.
“You must therefore guard against over zealousness and resist the temptation to brutalize the civil populace. Your duty is to protect all Nigerians irrespective of their ethnic background or religious inclination,” Buhari said.
He cautioned the cadets against succumbing to any inducement or acts that would cause disaffection among members of the Armed Forces.
Buhari commended the leadership of NAF for providing specialised training to the cadets, the first time in recent past.
The commander-in-chief therefore charged the cadets to display professionalism, discipline, loyalty and hard work in the course of their service.
He stressed that being in the military “is much more than just securing a job, especially at this crucial point in our national life where we are battling with the challenges of insecurity.
“You must be aware that you are expected to secure lives and property by ensuring that every Nigerian lives in peace and is free to pursue his or her legitimate aspiration. Such a noble service demands extraordinary courage, commitment and patriotism and Nigeria will continue to count on you and indeed, demand such qualities from you.
“You are graduating at a time when our dear country is grappling with security challenges especially those posed by Boko Haram and militancy in the Niger Delta. Also, there are other emerging national security threats such as herders/farmers clashes and banditry which the Government is dealing with decisively.”
Buhari assured all Nigerians that the government is taking all necessary measures to safeguard lives and properties and stem out all forms of criminality across the country.
“NAF and indeed, the Armed Forces is currently at the forefront of the government efforts to rid the nation of these criminal elements and restore normalcy. I therefore, urge all of you to be prepared to play your part diligently in defending the territorial integrity and the values as well as aspirations of our great country.”
Buhari said in line with the current realities, the NAF has re-ordered its priorities in optimal use of resources, and expressed satisfaction for measures it took to engender transparency and accountability as well as maximize utilization of equipment and resources.
“I want to charge all of you to be prudent and do more with resources provided and to embrace the policy of zero tolerance for corruption.”
In a previous report by NAIJ.com, two Nigerian Air Force jets collided while conducting a routine air display over Abuja.
The crash occurred around the Katampe area in the Nigerian capital as they prepare for Nigeria’s 58th independence anniversary celebration. No lives were lost as the pilots were ejected using the parachutes.
Female aerospace engineer from the Tsaigumi UAV team on NAIJ.com TV
About Article Author
Latest Nigeria News
- Saudi Arabia admits missing journalist died in Consulate
- N8.86bn debt: Bank battles late billionaire’s family
- Tenis star Sharapova confirms romance with Prince william
- Alexis Sanchez at Man Utd is a typical Torres at Chelsea – Carragher
- Copa del’ Rey decisive fixtures
- EFCC Keeps Mum On Gov. Ganduje Bribe Video
- Atiku Meets Yoruba Leaders Over Top Political Offices
- PDP Warns INEC Against Receiving Unauthorized Names
- Confusion over Travel Ban List as Presidency, Security differ
- NAFDAC Searching For Drugs Made From Human Flesh
- EFCC stacks allegation, evidence against Fayose in court
- 900 retirees die waiting for pension
- Ooni Reveals Why He Married A Prophetess (Photos)
- Fayose Charged With Fraud By EFCC, Moved To Lagos
- Delta State University Graduate Climbs A Mast After Running Mad (Photo)
- I Don’t Know Bola Tinubu’s Position In APC – Obasanjo
- Windscreens Cracked As Hailstones Rain Down On Cars From The Sky In Abuja
- Minimum Wage: Ngge Says Labour Can't Dictate To Govt.
- Police Drags Adeleke To Court, Says "We're Not Aware Of Kemi Adeosun Forgery"
- N2.1bn Case: Face Dasuki, Not I - Dokpesi Tells Court
- Amosun Dares APC, Insists On Handing Over To His Candidate
- See Reactions To Nnamdi Kanu's Appearance In Jerusalem
- Photos Of VP Osinbajo Visiting Bayelsa Flood Victims
- Popular Actor Okon Lagos and His Beautiful Wife Celebrate 5th Wedding Anniversary
- PRAYER FOR TODAY
- SFU exposes bank staffers, criminals forging ATM cards
- Splinter group emerges in APC
- 2019: Buhari remembers Jonathan, tells Kannywood his surprise
- Usain Bolt, Valletta contract goes south
- Injured trio return to training for Liverpool
- Brazil to inject $1.1bn into Nigeria’s agriculture, says envoy
- Musa skips his game to sort out family matter
- Billikisu is NWPL referee of the week
- Uber announces new safety toolkit app for operators
- UBA posts all-time high gross earnings for Q3
- FG proposes N8.6trn for 2019, plans tighter fiscal plan
- Nollywood actor, Lawyer task Federal government on qualitative education
- Ekiti: Fayose tackles Fayemi, DMO over debt profile
- Volunteer Medical Corps ready for 2018 conference
- 95% of workers in mega firms think their cybersecurity culture is poor — report