46′ Chance for Odion Ighalo, but he was blocked by Libya defenders
46′ Great attempt from Ahmed Musa, but Libya goalie Mohamed comes out quick to save
45′ And the referee blows the whistle for the start of the second half
The second half will soon start in the next 15 minutes. Thank you for following
HT: And that is the end of the first 45 minutes as the Super Eagles lead 1-0 against Libya in Uyo
45′ Odion Ighalo trying to make something happen there after receiving a good pass from Ndidi, and he was blocked from playing a shot
43′ Libya player down on the pitch as we approach the end of the first 45 minutes in Uyo
42′ Superb run from Jamilu Collins from the left flank, but he could not score for the Super Eagles
38′ The referee blows an offside against Libya
35′ A Libya player is down on the ground and being attended to
35′ What a miss from Super Eagles’ Jamilu Collins, and that would have been the second goal for the Super Eagles
34′ CHANCE there for Libya to restore parity, but Super Eagles goalie Francis comes out quick to save
32′ Ahmad Ben Ali gets a yellow card as-well and it means Libya players must be very careful in this match not to get a red card
31′ And Libya player Sand gets a yellow card for improper conduct
28′ Libya are now looking for all possible ways to restore parity in this match
27′ Etebo goes down after a brilliant move in the midfield and it will be another free kick for Nigeria
26′ Free kick for the Super Eagles of Nigeria and let’s see what will come out of this
24′ And the second yellow card of this match goes to Super Eagles star Wilfred Ndidi
22′ The referee stops the match as Libya player is down on the pitch
20′ Chance there for Ahmed Musa, but the referee blows for an offside
19′ Shehu Abdullahi is now going out for the Super Eagles after an injury, and he is going to be replaced by Ola Aina
16′ Super Eagles defender Shehu Abdullahi goes down again
16′ Nigerian striker Odion Ighalo is giving Libya defenders a good fight in this game
15′ Free-kick goes to Libya
14′ Libya player goes down in front of the Super Eagles box looking for a free kick, but the referee ignored
13′ Libya are still in charge of this game with their impressive run in the midfield
12′ Libya are now attacking the Super Eagles, and that could have been their first goal, but Super Eagles goalie Uzoho saved his nation
11′ Another chance there for the Super Eagles, but Etebo could not score as his header fails to go inside the net
9′ Super Eagles striker Odion Ighalo goes down again inside Libya 18 yard box, but the referee refused to give a penalty despite claims by the Nigerian player
6′ And the first yellow card of this game goes to Libya goalkeeper Mohamed Adbaula
5′ Super Eagles defender Shehu Abdullahi is down on the ground and he is currently being attended to
3′ And that is it. Goal for Nigeria as Odion Ighalo scored the penalty
3′ The goalie pulled down Odion Ighalo and the referee awarded a penalty for Nigeria
2′ Oh my Goodness…..what a blunder there from Libya goalkeeper and that should be a penalty
1′ Libya player goes down in the first minute after a tackle from Super Eagles Ndidi
1′ And the referee blows the whistle for the first half in Uyo
The atmosphere is bubbling here in Uyo and the match will soon kick off
And it is now the turn of the Super Eagles to sign their national item
The national item of the Libya national team is going on at the Godswill Akpabio stadium in Uyo
Super Eagles of Nigeria are now out warming up ahead of the 4pm kick off against Libya
Nigerian fans in Uyo are waiting and singing in their loud voice waiting for the Super Eagles to come out from the dressing room. They will wait for the next 30 minutes before the kick off.
Nigeria who are three time African champions will face Libya on Saturday, October 13, in their third 2019 African Cup of Nations qualifier in Uyo.
The Super Eagles did not participate in the last two editions of the Nations Cup, and their qualification for the 2019 edition is still dicey unless they beat Libya for them to go back on track.
Libya are topping the Group with four points together with South Africa, while Nigeria are occupying third position on the standings with three points.
Nigeria’s last game in the 2019 AFCON qualifier was a win over Seychelles, while Libya forced hosts South Africa to a draw in their own match.
Super Eagles captain John Obi Mikel will be missing this match, and news also came out last night that defensive midfielder Ogenyi Onazi will also not be playing because of injury.
Libya on the other hand are unperturbed with injury, but they will only missed their ex coach Adel Amrouche who resigned four days to this game.
Nigeria and Libya have met three times in all competitions with Super Eagles winning two games and lost once against their opponents.
Meanwhile, 4pm is the kick-off for this match between the Super Eagles of Nigeria and Libya, and we will bring you the live updates of the encounter.
Earlier, NAIJ.com had reported how Super Eagles gaffer Gernot Rohr made it clear that he likes eating pounded yam and vegetable soup as his players prepare to face Libya on Saturday, October 13, in Uyo.
The 65-year-old German football manager made this known in an interview he granted in Uyo which was posted to you-tube.
Football Transfers That Shocked The World | Naij.com TV
About Article Author
Latest Nigeria News
- Why APC Sen. Shehu Sani defects
- Female Corper Flogged Mercilessly By School Principal
- Shehu Sani Dumps APC... Gives Reasons
- Five-Star Jovic makes Bundesliga history
- Real Madrid striker denies involvement in alleged kidnapping attempt in Paris
- Klopp draws Anthony Joshua comparison in criticism of Nations League
- Court rejects Russian footballers’ appeal over attack
- Ghana withdraws from CAF competitions
- See How Buhari’s Poor Performance Is Elevating Atiku
- Ekweremadu May Dump PDP?
- Woman Cries Bitterly After Being Scammed By Yahoo Boy
- Saudi Arabia admits missing journalist died in Consulate
- N8.86bn debt: Bank battles late billionaire’s family
- Tenis star Sharapova confirms romance with Prince william
- Alexis Sanchez at Man Utd is a typical Torres at Chelsea – Carragher
- Copa del’ Rey decisive fixtures
- EFCC Keeps Mum On Gov. Ganduje Bribe Video
- Atiku Meets Yoruba Leaders Over Top Political Offices
- PDP Warns INEC Against Receiving Unauthorized Names
- Confusion over Travel Ban List as Presidency, Security differ
- NAFDAC Searching For Drugs Made From Human Flesh
- EFCC stacks allegation, evidence against Fayose in court
- 900 retirees die waiting for pension
- Ooni Reveals Why He Married A Prophetess (Photos)
- Fayose Charged With Fraud By EFCC, Moved To Lagos
- Delta State University Graduate Climbs A Mast After Running Mad (Photo)
- I Don’t Know Bola Tinubu’s Position In APC – Obasanjo
- Windscreens Cracked As Hailstones Rain Down On Cars From The Sky In Abuja
- Minimum Wage: Ngge Says Labour Can't Dictate To Govt.
- Police Drags Adeleke To Court, Says "We're Not Aware Of Kemi Adeosun Forgery"
- N2.1bn Case: Face Dasuki, Not I - Dokpesi Tells Court
- Amosun Dares APC, Insists On Handing Over To His Candidate
- See Reactions To Nnamdi Kanu's Appearance In Jerusalem
- Photos Of VP Osinbajo Visiting Bayelsa Flood Victims
- Popular Actor Okon Lagos and His Beautiful Wife Celebrate 5th Wedding Anniversary
- PRAYER FOR TODAY
- SFU exposes bank staffers, criminals forging ATM cards
- Splinter group emerges in APC
- 2019: Buhari remembers Jonathan, tells Kannywood his surprise
- Usain Bolt, Valletta contract goes south