SPIP Chairman, Mr Okoi Obono-Obla
The Special Presidential Investigation Panel for Recovery of Public Property (SPIP) says it has recovered over N4 billion and seven million dollars (N2.5billion), loot as well as physical assets in its various operations.
Obono-Obla said the seven million dollars was recovered from the previous management of the Nigeria Export and Import (NEXIM) Bank who had “illegally placed” it in Heritage Bank.
The assets, according to him, have since been returned to the bank.
Obono-Obla said SPIP also recovered N24 million misappropriated by some directors of the National Theatre, and two hectares of land worth N2 billion, belonging to the National Council for Acts and Culture.
Also recovered is part of the Agura Hotel belonging to the Nigerian Ports Authority (NPA), according to the chairman.
“The property illegally annexed by some so-called powerful persons with untouchable connections for over 20 years, have since been returned to the NPA.
“The panel is investigating the failure of a contract awarded to a company to dredge Calabar Channel, after the company had received 12 million dollars,” he said.
Obono-Obla said the panel also recovered 86 assorted vehicles valued at N500 million from a director in the Federal Ministry of Power, Works and Housing.
“Other assets recovered from him are six houses in highbrow areas of Abuja and a large farm also in Abuja,” he said.
Reaffirming the panel’s commitment to its mandate, Obono-Obla advised public servants to desist from converting official property to personal use.
The SPIP was inaugurated by the then Acting President Yemi Osinbajo in August, 2017.
About Article Author
Latest Nigeria News
- Notorious Robbers Busted After Successful Operation (Photos)
- PHOTOS: 102-Year-Old Woman Becomes Oldest Skydiver, Flies Down From The Sky On Birthday
- Exposed: Agency Headed By Buhari's In-law Violating Nigeria's Procurement Law
- Emotional Moment Oby Ezekwesili 'Bursts Into Tears' (Photos)
- Pretty Lady Who Just Graduated Goes Missing (Photos)
- I'm Not Desperate For Power - Buhari Speaks On Electoral Bill
- Popular Pastor Kidnapped In His Church Premises In Calabar
- Rivers APC Saga: Court Asked To Order INEC To Remove APC Candidates' Names
- EFCC Chairman: I'm Glad Senate Didn't Confirm Me, says Magu
- Protest in Lagos as F-SARS Officer kills truck driver over bribe
- Suspected Ritualists Abduct 13-day-old Baby While Mother Was Sleeping
- We Won't Go On Strike - PENGASSAN, NUPENG
- Woman Arrested For Pouring Hot Water On Pregnant Lady
- How Buhari's Veto On Electoral Bill Is Dividing Senators
- Touching Story Of Lady Shot Dead While Trying To Save Her Father From Assassins
- See Deteriorating State Of A Nigerian Magistrate Court (Photos)
- So Sad! Female Corper Reportedly Dies From Health Issues
- PRAYER FOR TODAY
- Young Lawyers Set To Wed Melt Hearts With Pre-wedding Pics
- Saraki attends launch of Trump’s Africa Strategy in US
- Flying Eagles turn back Ghana, reach WAFU Cup semi finals
- Who owns Nigeria football? The investor or the promoter? —Wale Ajayi
- Barewa to face Cowrie at Rugby President Cup final
- Arowolo quits 3SC for politics
- NRA ultimate goal is for Nigeria Referees to officiate at World Cup–Azeez
- Uche Okagbue becomes head coach of FC Ifeanyi Ubah
- Buhari wants teachers’ retirement age raised
- Brilliant Female Graduates Break 21-Year Record At Obafemi Awolowo University
- Donald Duke's Running Mate, Junaid Mohammed Quits
- Mother & 15yrs Old Daughter Sleeping With Ex-Commissioner... he has been arrested over the girl's pregnancies, abortions
- Dunamis Church Donates Relief Materials To IDPs
- PDP alleges plans by FG to cripple PDP-controlled states
- Senate Confirms Keyamo, other nominees for NDIC Board
- Environment Minister, Ibrahim Jubril Resigns
- Kogi legislator loses seat for defecting to PDP
- Ambode is my Politician of the Year – Shettima
- More troubles for Trump as court jails associate for fraud
- NB Plc to apologise over misleading information on product
- Husband, Wife, Mother-in-law Arraigned For Stealing N2.4m
- Ex-SGF Babachir In Aso Rock, 13 Months After Sack